DHP Financial topic of the week: Success stories?
It is important for us to help motivate one another in our pursuit of getting a better handle on our finances. Lets hear some success stories. What have you done in the last year to improve your finances ? [img]graemlins/OLA.gif[/img]
1. Refinanced by mortgage again. My current rate is 5.325%
2. Increased the extra principle payment on the mortgage so that we pay the mortgage off in 8.5 years.
3. Got a great deal on a new used car (Honda Accord 2001) and paid cash for it.
4. Stayed the course on putting money in my retirement funds. Took the attitude that since I am investing this money for more than 10 years I can afford to ride out the flutuations in the market. One thing I can say is that I put a lot of money in when the market was down so that when it goes back up..
5. We cut back on the amount we spend on eating out
6. Eliminated unnecessary options on telephone and cable TV services.
[ September 03, 2003, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Gman ]
(\\_/) <br />(O.o) <br />(> <) \"Swim at your own risk\"