Thread: Tampa Bay Fires Offensive Coordinator Jagodzinski

Tampa Bay Fires Offensive Coordinator Jagodzinski

Less than two weeks before opener WTF I mean damn thats an important position for the team to readjust to. Olson (QB coach) is replacing him, but if lson is going to try and put his stamp on the offense it could cause problems. Thank goodness The jets passed

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers fired offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski Thursday, marking the second time that Jagodzinski has been fired in 2009 -- without coaching in a single meaningful game. It's also the second time this week that an NFL offensive coordinator has been fired, following the dismissal of Chan Gailey in Kansas City.

Jagodzinski spent the last two seasons as Boston College's head coach, but he was fired early this year after he interviewed for the New York Jets' head coaching job against the wishes of the BC athletic department. He didn't get the Jets job, but new Tampa Bay head coach Raheem Morris hired Jagodzinski as the Buccaneers' offensive coordinator shortly after.

But now Morris has fired Jagodzinski and replaced him with quarterbacks coach Greg Olson. It is not clear why Morris fired Jagodzinski, but the big story in Tampa Bay's training camp this year has been the quarterback competition between Byron Leftwich and Luke McCown, and there's already speculation that Morris and Jagodzinski butted heads over the decision to start Leftwich.

Jagodzinski released a statement that offered few details.

"I am certainly disappointed but I wish nothing but the best for Raheem Morris and the entire Buccaneer organization," Jagodzinski said. "I was given the chance to remain on staff as the quarterbacks coach, but felt that the timing for such a move was not in the best interest for either side. I appreciate the opportunity that was given to me. Again, I wish nothing but the best for this organization."

Whatever the reason, the Buccaneers will now have to adjust to a new offensive coordaintor just 10 days before the start of the regular season, and Jagodzinski will have to cope with his second firing of the year

Step away from the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkK View Post
    Step away from the keyboard.
    Fuck you

Quote Originally Posted by DaBownca View Post
    Fuck you
    In your dreams Chuckles.

Wink

Fuck you

Stop giving your posts 5 stars dudey dude, they aint worth a square

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Red View Post
    Stop giving your posts 5 stars dudey dude, they aint worth a square
    I've never rated a fucking post in my entire DHP life so I don't know what the fuck you are on about.

Damn now Buffalo? WTF!
    saw taht today to why so clsoe to the start of the season. never seen that before