Thread: thug ass muthaf&*kas shootin in my neighborhood

like 2 minutes ago i walked to the cleaners right on the corner of my block and walked back home. this took a total of maybe 4 minutes. right as i step up to the front door of my building and am about to put my key in the lock, i hear one loud ass POP!!. i'm thinking to myself "aww shit, here we go again". next thing i know i see this kid run out on to the corner screaming "call an ambulance" (this is across the street and four buldings down from me), he yelled that like five times. there were people walking down the street and one person right on the corner fixing his car and they all seemed to just be ignoring this guys cry for help.

so i jet upstairs (i live on the 2nd floor) to call an ambulance but apparently someone had already beat me to it cuz right as i went to the living room i hear sirens blaring. there are also 3 little children in the age group of 7-9 playing and laughing right in front of the building next to mine, complete oblivious to the fact that a minute earlier, probably while they we're zipping up there jackets before they stepped outside, that some one had been shot right arounf the corner from where they stood.

this neighborhood (Uptown/ Wilson and Broadway/ Truman) has gotten a lot better over the years but there are some messed up elements still lurking around here.
    all i'm thinking of now is "damn, that could have been me".,

It's time to get the hell out of the hood. [img]graemlins/shudder.gif[/img]

[ November 22, 2003, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: aLie ]

I hear you bruh. I feel your frustration at not being able to live in peace. I was born and raised in Newark, NJ. I'm no stranger to random acts of violence. I left that environment as soon as I got the chance. I've never looked back. May God keep you safe until you make your move...

Peace,
    HML
    Tell me and I forget, show me and I remember, involve me and I understand...

damn, akila, that sucks. starting saving so we can get a place.

You might be surprised what a mortgage lender will give you if have even half decent credit. Just in the last two months I closed two clients that swore they wouldn't be able get financing. I got one a house for 70K and the other a townhouse for 95K, both in areas that met their criteria. One of them needed absolutely nothing down, I got the seller to pay the closing costs, all they had to pay for was their application fee, insurance and inspection. The other only had $750 in closing costs and got a 100% loan as well. Now they are homeowners, their mortgages are lower than the rent they were paying, they'll get a nice tax deduction and they are building equity instead of throwing their money away on rent, getting the landlord rich.

If you dont have any bankruptcies, foreclosures or collections on your credit and have a full time job...you can probably get financed today. And even if your credit is fubar, many lenders now have 'credit repair' programs where they help you fix up your credit, give you some classes as well and if you complete the program and clean up your credit, they'll finance you.

So even if you're looking 3 or 6 months or even a year out, makes sense to start the process as early as possible.

I'm a Realtor here in Chicago. My brothers and I run our own brokerage and we'd be glad to help you or anyone else here.

Feel free to hit me via PM.

Rommel
    Paradigm Realty
    www.paradigmrealty.net

That's one fine offer. Good to see. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    SOUL, YOU CAN\'T BUY IT AND WE PITY THOSE WHO TRY!!

Originally posted by aLie:
    like 2 minutes ago i walked to the cleaners right on the corner of my block and walked back home. this took a total of maybe 4 minutes. right as i step up to the front door of my building and am about to put my key in the lock, i hear one loud ass POP!!. i'm thinking to myself "aww shit, here we go again". next thing i know i see this kid run out on to the corner screaming "call an ambulance" (this is across the street and four buldings down from me), he yelled that like five times. there were people walking down the street and one person right on the corner fixing his car and they all seemed to just be ignoring this guys cry for help.

so i jet upstairs (i live on the 2nd floor) to call an ambulance but apparently someone had already beat me to it cuz right as i went to the living room i hear sirens blaring. there are also 3 little children in the age group of 7-9 playing and laughing right in front of the building next to mine, complete oblivious to the fact that a minute earlier, probably while they we're zipping up there jackets before they stepped outside, that some one had been shot right arounf the corner from where they stood.

this neighborhood (Uptown/ Wilson and Broadway/ Truman) has gotten a lot better over the years but there are some messed up elements still lurking around here.
    all i'm thinking of now is "damn, that could have been me".,

It's time to get the hell out of the hood. [img]graemlins/shudder.gif[/img]
    We lived over there some years ago. I notice the gentrification when I return to Uptown, but that area right around the L stop is still as rough as it used to be when we were there (late 80s). Be safe.

ChiJAM
    \"All of the animals except man know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it.\"<br /><br />Samuel Butler