Thread: TNA vs. WWE

TNA vs. WWE

All real wrestling fans know that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff recently signed on with TNA Wrestling and plan to battle The WWE. The first shot will be a 3 hour special featuring Hogan's TNA debut (I don't know if he's wrestling) on Monday 1-4-10 which goes head to head with Monday Night Raw. I personally don't think a washed up Hogan, Nash, Angle, Foley, Steiner or even Sting, Samoa Joe, A.J. Styles, and Bobby Lashley can handle Cena, DX, Orton, Big Show, Kofi, MVP, Legacy, Hornswaggle (he draws ratings) and others on the RAW brand. Plus, if WWE needs to, they'll just put Batista, Undertaker, Kane, Matt Hardy, Jericho, Christian, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison and others from Smackdown/ECW back into the Monday night mix. WWE's Divas are better than TNA's Knockouts also, in my opinion. Melina, Michelle McCool, Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, and Alicia Fox are much hotter than Christy Hemme, Lauren, Hamada, and the rest. Traci Brooks and The Beautiful People give me wood though and I'd love to see Awesome Kong and ODB come to WWE (ODB just re-signed with TNA though). I could ramble on about this forever but what do the wrestling fans on DHP think? I'm just curious. I've already been on several wrestling sites and the overall consensus is that TNA isn't ready for Vince yet.
    Last edited by Heat Daddy; 12-12-2009 at 06:55 AM.

They aren't. They are bugging thinking Hogan is still a draw and from my understanding won't even be wrestling. He cracked me up talking about people doing the same thing all the time when his shit has been stale sinc the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Heat Daddy View Post
    WWE's Divas are better than TNA's Knockouts also, in my opinion.
    You're kidding right.

The TNA Knockouts are actual wrestlers for the most part (there are exceptions), while the WWE Divas are mostly models and eye candy, of course there are exceptions in that case as well but the wrestlers in the Divas division don't really get pushed in favor of the models.

For proof, compare how Victoria got treated in the WWE compared to how she is treated now as Tara in TNA. Also, compare how Gail Kim got treated in TNA to how she is treated now in WWE. Both women were allowed to show their wrestling skills in TNA while in the WWE they are seen as afterthoughts.
    Martino's criteria for mixes:
    Quote Originally Posted by martino View Post
    I want to hear something with some peaks and valleys (that make some kind of transitional sense), no key clashing (unless it somehow works in a tension building way), no vocal clashing, and overall good energy and maybe a bit drama happening would be cool.
    Myron's Library Blog: http://myronslibraryworld.wordpress.com/
    Myron's Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/mr_intensity

Quote Originally Posted by Heat Daddy View Post
    All real wrestling fans know that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff recently signed on with TNA Wrestling and plan to battle The WWE. The first shot will be a 3 hour special featuring Hogan's TNA debut (I don't know if he's wrestling) on Monday 1-4-10 which goes head to head with Monday Night Raw. I personally don't think a washed up Hogan, Nash, Angle, Foley, Steiner or even Sting, Samoa Joe, A.J. Styles, and Bobby Lashley can handle Cena, DX, Orton, Big Show, Kofi, MVP, Legacy, Hornswaggle (he draws ratings) and others on the RAW brand. Plus, if WWE needs to, they'll just put Batista, Undertaker, Kane, Matt Hardy, Jericho, Christian, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison and others from Smackdown/ECW back into the Monday night mix. WWE's Divas are better than TNA's Knockouts also, in my opinion. Melina, Michelle McCool, Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, and Alicia Fox are much hotter than Christy Hemme, Lauren, Hamada, and the rest. Traci Brooks and The Beautiful People give me wood though and I'd love to see Awesome Kong and ODB come to WWE (ODB just re-signed with TNA though). I could ramble on about this forever but what do the wrestling fans on DHP think? I'm just curious. I've already been on several wrestling sites and the overall consensus is that TNA isn't ready for Vince yet.

apparently there will be a special appearance to RAW by the Great One himself to counter this TNA onslaught.

personally, Id say WWE has gone to the shits when Stone Cold & The Rock left the franchise. I cant stand John Cena

Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    You're kidding right.

The TNA Knockouts are actual wrestlers for the most part (there are exceptions), while the WWE Divas are mostly models and eye candy, of course there are exceptions in that case as well but the wrestlers in the Divas division don't really get pushed in favor of the models.

For proof, compare how Victoria got treated in the WWE compared to how she is treated now as Tara in TNA. Also, compare how Gail Kim got treated in TNA to how she is treated now in WWE. Both women were allowed to show their wrestling skills in TNA while in the WWE they are seen as afterthoughts.
    I'm not kidding. Sure, WWE goes for hotness over actual wrestling ability but most of their Divas can wrestle and are constantly improving. Plus, who wants to watch a bunch of ladies who look like dudes wrestling? Look at Melina, Alicia, Michelle, and Eve now compared to when they first started. They are all much better in-ring performers. There are Women's and Diva's Championship belts that get passed around throughout the RAW and SD brands so it's more than just a runway show. I don't know what's up with Gail Kim's situation though and I agree that she should be pushed better (she may need to work on her promo skills) but Victoria/Tara is a former WWE Women's Champion who got lost in the shuffle once Trish Stratus and others blew up. It happens. Lately, I've been seeing good women's matches with both companies. The Trailer Park Throwdown between ODB and Tara on Thursday's Impact was awesome and I'm really excited about Mickie and Michelle's upcoming match at TLC. Still, WWE's Divas look better for the most part and that's what keeps a predominately male audience watching week after week.
    Last edited by Heat Daddy; 12-12-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Mayimbe View Post
    apparently there will be a special appearance to RAW by the Great One himself to counter this TNA onslaught.

personally, Id say WWE has gone to the shits when Stone Cold & The Rock left the franchise. I cant stand John Cena
    I read that his schedule won't allow him to host until around March but that was the original plan. I still think Vince and company are going to layeth the smacketh down on TNA though. I like Cena okay but Randy Orton is my dude and Kofi Kingston is blowing up in a major way. Sheamus is no punk either.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBownca View Post
    They aren't. They are bugging thinking Hogan is still a draw and from my understanding won't even be wrestling. He cracked me up talking about people doing the same thing all the time when his shit has been stale sinc the 80's.
    Yeah, I think he's trying to sell something that he knows isn't true. His ex is probably taking him to the cleaners so he needs to jump back in the mix wherever he can and WWE doesn't need him. I didn't think he'd be wrestling either. I'll still watch both companies but I think TNA should stick to Thursdays and leave Mondays and Fridays to the big dog. Hell, are they even beating ECW in ratings yet?

It def will be interesting, but i dont think wwe has anything worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by El Mayimbe View Post

Also there is talk of Cena vs. The Rock at Wrestlemanina

Myron is smoking.....TNA Knockouts ...besides Awesome Kong and Tara who else evinces real wrestling skills...Hamada? Shes isn't getting pushed. Those KO's miss there marks a ton. And excuse me aren't The Beautiful People exactly the treatment Myron says is going on in WWE?

Myron is smoking.....TNA Knockouts ...besides Awesome Kong and Tara who else evinces real wrestling skills...Hamada? Shes isn't getting pushed. Those KO's miss there marks a ton. And excuse me aren't The Beautiful People exactly the treatment Myron says is going on in WWE?
    I'll grant you The Beautiful People because they are the exceptions I am talking about but overall the Knockouts are better wrestlers.

You have Alyssa Flash (formerly known as Raisha Saaid and always known as Cheerleader Melissa) who is probably one of the toughest women wrestlers around. The Knockout Tag Team champions, Sarita (also known as "The Dark Angel" Sarah Stock) who practically ruled women's wrestling in CMLL in Mexico before signing up with TNA with her acrobatic style (and wrestling ability aside she is beautiful) and her partner Taylor Wilde, who defeated Kong for the Knockout title is no slouch in the aerial wrestling department herself. Hamada is in for a push soon when she goes for the tag titles with Kong as her partner (and she threw Kong around during their matches in Japan). Roxxi (also known as Nikki Roxx) is one of the most respected female wrestlers in America. Those four along with Kong and Tara could wrestle rings around all the Divas with the exceptions of Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix, and Nattalya Neidhart and notice those three are constantly getting past over in favor of the models WWE constantly hire. Heck, Daphine and Madison Rayne (Beautiful People) while not great wrestlers are acceptable in the ring.

The only thing the Knockout Division need is Sara Del Rey, better booking (Russo does need to go), and more time for their matches and it would be perfect.

Here's a picture of Sarita and Alyssa Flash as Sarah Stock and Cheerleader Melissa.
    Last edited by Myron; 12-12-2009 at 08:02 PM.
    Martino's criteria for mixes:
    Quote Originally Posted by martino View Post
    I want to hear something with some peaks and valleys (that make some kind of transitional sense), no key clashing (unless it somehow works in a tension building way), no vocal clashing, and overall good energy and maybe a bit drama happening would be cool.
    Myron's Library Blog: http://myronslibraryworld.wordpress.com/
    Myron's Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/mr_intensity

Also there is talk of Cena vs. The Rock at Wrestlemanina

oh dear god why?

itll give Cena legitimacy and itll be too easy for the Rock to diss the crap out of that wigger...Hey btw guys, speaking of Cena, did you know that Mr V once stated that John Cena is a "good rapper"....told many times but still a true story

Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    I'll grant you The Beautiful People because they are the exceptions I am talking about but overall the Knockouts are better wrestlers.

You have Alyssa Flash (formerly known as Raisha Saaid and always known as Cheerleader Melissa) who is probably one of the toughest women wrestlers around. The Knockout Tag Team champions, Sarita (also known as "The Dark Angel" Sarah Stock) who practically ruled women's wrestling in CMLL in Mexico before signing up with TNA with her acrobatic style (and wrestling ability aside she is beautiful) and her partner Taylor Wilde, who defeated Kong for the Knockout title is no slouch in the aerial wrestling department herself. Hamada is in for a push soon when she goes for the tag titles with Kong as her partner (and she threw Kong around during their matches in Japan). Roxxi (also known as Nikki Roxx) is one of the most respected female wrestlers in America. Those four along with Kong and Tara could wrestle rings around all the Divas with the exceptions of Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix, and Nattalya Neidhart and notice those three are constantly getting past over in favor of the models WWE constantly hire. Heck, Daphine and Madison Rayne (Beautiful People) while not great wrestlers are acceptable in the ring.

The only thing the Knockout Division need is Sara Del Rey, better booking (Russo does need to go), and more time for their matches and it would be perfect.

Here's a picture of Sarita and Alyssa Flash as Sarah Stock and Cheerleader Melissa.
    This is informative but we all know that TNA would jump at the chance to sign any WWE Diva or male Superstar if the opportunity came up. This is why Elijah Burke (D'Angelo Dinero) and Matt Morgan were signed to TNA. The bottom line is WWE is the popular brand and fans know their Superstars/Divas. TNA's Knockouts are mostly forgettable except for standouts like Kong, Tara, ODB, and The Beautiful People. Personality, appearance, and a good gimmick will always win out over actual in-ring ability. This is why The Divas are the total package and also why Cena, Triple H, Orton, Batista, Undertaker, and other big WWE stars will always be more popular than guys like Styles, Daniels, Joe, and others who are almost there but still need tweaking. Some of WWE's lesser talents are even more popular than TNA's upper tier and WCW came up using mostly ex-WWE stars in the NWO storyline. Hell, The Miz is more popular than Kurt Angle these days. Yes, everyone in TNA needs to be booked better and it will be interesting to see just how hungry Dixie, Double J, and The Hulkster really are as well as what Vince does to battle them. The only way I see TNA really coming up is if Cena, Orton, or Batista decide to jump ship and I don't think Vince or Triple H will let that happen.

On a related note, why can't Cryme Tyme win important matches? They are like the biggest jobbers in WWE right now. Are they in the doghouse with WWE management or what?
    Last edited by Heat Daddy; 12-14-2009 at 12:24 AM.

Sheamus defeated John Cena for the WWE Championship at TLC in a Tables Match and Drew McIntyre is the new Intercontinental Champion after beating John Morrison so WWE is making moves already. DX are the new unified tag champs so I guess we'll be seeing them on Mondays and Fridays. Monday's RAW is a three hour Slammys special and the annual Tribute To The Troops is this Saturday on NBC. The Royal Rumble is the next PPV and then The Road To Wrestlemania begins. Hogan can hang it up.
    Last edited by Heat Daddy; 12-14-2009 at 12:31 AM.