Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you were able to make 1500 bucks easily playing....

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie 3:26 View Post
    ...Music that you consider shit for a few hours,would you do it?

Point:

Stop limiting yourselves.You got 10,000 bucks worth of equipment and you only play one type of music?

Where are the hustlers?

I did 1 corporate gig and and I was able to buy a new mixer and EFX box.

Just think on it and stop limiting yourselves.
    i would but i don't have any music i think is shit--well, other than my closet full of of late 90's house/tech house...

I'd play Follow Me backwards (and risk waking up Beezelbub) for a stack and a half.....

......but you gotta pay me in cash 'tho
    http://www.nubangclan.com
    http://www.myspace.com/warriornbc

Your sins are the only interesting thing about you dreary bleak muthaf***s - Doug Stanhope

Quote Originally Posted by fred da warrior View Post
    I'd play Follow Me backwards (and risk waking up Beezelbub) for a stack and a half.....

......but you gotta pay me in cash 'tho
    lol @ Backwards
    Ummm........I miss the days of DHP when we use to talk about Music, Parties and give reviews about House Music Events that you either gave or attended.......The Peanut Gallery, always looking for attention done fucked it up for all the posters with their bullshit

I picked up more music skills playing weddings than I did studying music in college.

But I'm glad those days are long over...

Quote Originally Posted by loveontherun View Post
    On a side note, these types of gigs have been drying up for me the last couple of years with the economy taking such a big hit. Take em when you can get them though...
    This is the second year in a row I booked no Christmas parties. Up until these past couple of years I would book five or six a season easy. Companies really are not spending on any fluff these days.

Been thinking about going this route for some time.

I have a family friend that does this and has been doing it for nearly 20 years. I approached about bringing me along so I can get a feel and try to get their formula down. Dude never called me a but calls me when doing a gig near my house to say "whats up". . hmm. . .

SHADE!. . haha. Whatever though.

I did a sweet 16 about 3 years ago and man, those kids were ruthless. . . . "The radio plays better than you". . . DAAAAAMMM. . . talk about a bruised ego.
    Last edited by Pang; 12-28-2009 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pang View Post
    I did a sweet 16 about 3 years ago and man, those kids were ruthless. . . . "The radio plays better than you". . . DAAAAAMMM. . . talk about a bruised ego.
    Being contractually obligated to take shit from everybody in the room is easily the worst aspect of these gigs.

(that and the soggy chicken)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Martinez View Post
    Is that the same as gas money?
    Its the same as "Money for taking out the garbage or painting the bathroom..."
    I dreamed of Revelry and found Revelry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pang View Post
    those kids were ruthless. . . . "The radio plays better than you". . . DAAAAAMMM. . . talk about a bruised ego.
    Ouch
    Ummm........I miss the days of DHP when we use to talk about Music, Parties and give reviews about House Music Events that you either gave or attended.......The Peanut Gallery, always looking for attention done fucked it up for all the posters with their bullshit

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jamie 3:26 View Post
    ...music that you consider shit for a few hours,would you do it?

Point:

Stop limiting yourselves.you got 10,000 bucks worth of equipment and you only play one type of music?

Where are the hustlers?

I did 1 corporate gig and and i was able to buy a new mixer and efx box.

Just think on it and stop limiting yourselves.
    yes i would do it...nuff said....merry xmas 2 all

Play it all = Get paid

Quote Originally Posted by ebot9000 View Post
    Being contractually obligated to take shit from everybody in the room is easily the worst aspect of these gigs.

(that and the soggy chicken)
    I did one a couple of weeks ago that went like this, though I would say for every gig that people are on your ass about playing this and that, I also get a gig where I can goof off and play fun stuff I don't get to regularly. Even the bad gigs aren't that bad, I am still laughing my way to the bank.

Pay my rent for 3 months off one gig playing motown, newer RnB, classic rock, 80s hits? YES PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post

Pay my rent for 3 months off one gig playing
    $500 a moth for rent? I'm jealous.

I can't play any music that gives me pain so I just try getting gigs asking for me to play what I play .. and luckily some of those pay $1500

lb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Paradise View Post
    $500 a moth for rent? I'm jealous.
    ahahha yea I got a sweet little deal going. Share a big DC rowhouse with friends and hold down the master bedroom with my girl. Gotta keep it lo-budget to keep this little lifestyle/dream alive!

No way! Not even for $15,000. Money is not really an issue for me at this point (I am fortunate right now....but I know this might not last very long). I only dj out of love and I would not play a single record that I didn't love. I would rather play to a basement of 10 crackheads for free than play music I don't like for money. But.......if my financial situation gets worse I might reconsider.