Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FAO: Floyd (Duckey) Mayweather ..Texas to host Pacquiao-Clottey fight

Quote Originally Posted by guy formally knwn as mfsb View Post
    Notice, all this blood testing didn't come out until negotiations. I believe Pac did agree under certain terms, so then Floyd came up with test days before the fight. So if Pac is dirty; naturally he's gonna refuse the fight do to all the random testing.
    According to several sources, Floyd's demand for random blood testing has been a part of the negotiations since day one...

Maybe so. But it's not the norm for Nevada Boxing Commission. They just do urine test. I wonder if Manny was expecting that twist.

I noticed that Arum and Manny are taking Floyd and Golden Boy to court regarding the slander. Part of the suit is to void Manny's ties with Golden Boy. I thought Arum promoted him, don't know what kind of ties he had with Golden Boy?

I really just believe that something is going on behind the scene that us outsiders just don't know. Floyd is doing his thing for whatever reason and Manny is trying to get out of some contract with Golden Boy.

Maybe so. But it's not the norm for Nevada Boxing Commission. They just do urine test. I wonder if Manny was expecting that twist.

I noticed that Arum and Manny are taking Floyd and Golden Boy to court regarding the slander. Part of the suit is to void Manny's ties with Golden Boy. I thought Arum promoted him, don't know what kind of ties he had with Golden Boy?

I really just believe that something is going on behind the scene that us outsiders just don't know. Floyd is doing his thing for whatever reason and Manny is trying to get out of some contract with Golden Boy.
    Nevada's drug testing is a joke. Ask Shane. Yo can take things to pass a piss test but I never heard of anything that cleans the blood.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Timmy Richardson View Post
    Nevada's drug testing is a joke. Ask Shane. Yo can take things to pass a piss test but I never heard of anything that cleans the blood.
    So I ask again. Can something be in the blood 48 hrs before the fight that will not be directly after?

I think Floyd could possibly be playin some chess. Ducking or not, $40 million is a lot of scratch. He's maybe thinking how he can get more? One way could be by this drug testing for Pac. He'll negotiate some deal that Pac won't have to test in exchange for a bigger cut of the pie.
    Once again, this "logic" makes no sense to me. How is Floyd ducking if it is Pacquiao that is refusing to take a drug test that BOTH fighters would be subjected to? AND I AM NOT A FLOYD FAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Nay Sayer View Post
    According to several sources, Floyd's demand for random blood testing has been a part of the negotiations since day one...
    True.

Floyd Mayweather is not a ducker. I get so sick and tired of this guy gettin hated on. Shane turned down a fight with May numerous times. Pls don't ask me to link, do your own research
    You may not be feelin the cat on a personal level, but he is truly one of the best, if not THE best fighters of our generation.

If you can get past all the Manny groupie love for a second, you will see that He is the one walking away from the fight.

Why?

Does he have something to hide.

I don't think Arum & Co. really want ths fight.

Quote Originally Posted by older&wiser View Post
    other than Mosely, nobody cares about who Mayweather fights next.
    the people want to see Pacquiao vs Mayweather......
    gotta give Pac-man credit for not picking a completely harmless opponent..
    Clottey is a tough guy and not a pushover.....
    Please. He's made to order for Pac, the same 'come forward, no defense' style that he's been feasting on.

Quote Originally Posted by greg aka 'farrod' View Post
    I don't think Arum & Co. really want ths fight.
    No, they probably don't

Arum is no idiot. He knows Floyd is gonna hand Pacquiao an embarrassing LOSS....

No, they probably don't

Arum is no idiot. He knows Floyd is gonna hand Pacquiao an embarrassing LOSS....
    you have the biggest Hard on for Mayweather, it's starting to get a little weird..
    embarrassing loss! i doubt it.....
    Floyd could win, no question about that...
    he wouldn't dominate Pacquiao.....
    he barely beat De La hoya....Pac destroyed Delahoya
    it took him ten rounds to beat Hatton.......Pac demolished Hatton
    and i think Cotto would have faired better against Mayweather than Pac.......

and i doubt it if Bob Arum believes Floyd can beat Pac.....
    we would be watching these cats fight in march if camp Mayweather
    didn't get all squeamish about some shit that's been around for ages in boxing....

the funny thing is i think Floyd can beat a Pacquiao on steroids....
    just warhol it.

you have the biggest Hard on for Mayweather, it's starting to get a little weird..
    Floyd could win, no question about that...
    he wouldn't dominate Pacquiao.....
    he barely beat De La hoya....Pac destroyed Delahoya
    it took him ten rounds to beat Hatton.......Pac demolished Hatton
    and i think Cotto would have faired better against Mayweather than Pac.......

and i doubt it if Bob Arum believes Floyd can beat Pac.....
    we would be watching these cats fight in march if camp Mayweather
    didn't get all squeamish about some shit that's been around for ages in boxing....

We know styles make fights so who beat whom and how is kinda irrelevant because we can also say Pac beat them after Floyd already beat them down. Foreman destroyed Frazier. Twice. Ali KO'd Foreman and never came close to Ko'ing Frazier. I personally believe after watching Manny's last fight that he gets frustrated against a boxer. And I believe it would be an easy fight. Mosley would be a tougher fight for Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBownca View Post
    So I ask again. Can something be in the blood 48 hrs before the fight that will not be directly after?
    What is wrong with your reading comprehension, man?

Again, the answer to your question is, the way PED cycles are administered during training, a fighter would likely be clean at least 1-3 weeks PRIOR to fight night. The benefit of PEDs in the ring are none. The benefit of PEDs is during TRAINING. Fighters cycle down their training - and, in this case, their PED doses - leading up to the fight.

Okay...so do you get it now...? A blood and/or urine test AFTER the fight is moot, as the purpose of PEDs is to enhance and benefit the fighter during training, which is why Mayweather is insisting upon RANDOM testing THROUGHOUT TRAINING CAMPS in order to keep PEDs out of the picture.

Okay...now read it back to us so we all know you got it.

I personally believe after watching Manny's last fight that he gets frustrated against a boxer. And I believe it would be an easy fight. Mosley would be a tougher fight for Floyd.
    Not to mention Mayweather has speed and great power - something Pacquiao's previous opponents lacked on either side. Cotto had speed but lacked sufficient power on his toes, where Pac kept him with his forward press style. Hatton had power but was as stiff as a board and got caught not being able to weave and evade.

Pacquiao can't fight that forward pressing, power punch style against Mayweather because he won't be able to sacrifice counter punches for power strikes. Pacquiao goes for maximum damage with each punch. Mayweather teaches clinics on cats who pull that style.

Mayweather's last five fights were all won with COUNTER-PUNCHING.

Pacquiao wouldn't be able to take too many Mayweather crosses and hooks trying that power press nonsense. Pacquiao is exciting to watch as a fighter because he expends the least effort on defense. He prefers to outwork his opponents and set them up for big shots.

You ain't fightin' Floyd Mayweather like that. Ask De La Hoya, who was embarrassed.

Me too. I don't think he wants to beat him. I think he wants to OUTCLASS him. His attitude is, if Pac needs PEDs to be competitive, he shouldn't be fighting him at all.

I'd agree with that sentiment. Without PEDs, he wouldn't have advanced this far in bigger weight divisions.

I hope they make this fight. I'm a real Pacquiao fan but, with this one, his reach is exceeding his grasp. PEDs need to be weeded out of all sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel, Grand Duke of Stony Island View Post

You ain't fightin' Floyd Mayweather like that. Ask De La Hoya, who was embarrassed.
    Mayweather vs Delahoya was a snoozefest with limited action....
    neither of them looked that impressive in that fight....
    cant see how Oscar could be embarrassed by anything Floyd did that night....
    just warhol it.

We know styles make fights so who beat whom and how is kinda irrelevant because we can also say Pac beat them after Floyd already beat them down. Foreman destroyed Frazier. Twice. Ali KO'd Foreman and never came close to Ko'ing Frazier. I personally believe after watching Manny's last fight that he gets frustrated against a boxer. And I believe it would be an easy fight. Mosley would be a tougher fight for Floyd.
    Did you see the Thrilla in Manila? Jussss sayin....

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel, Grand Duke of Stony Island View Post
    What is wrong with your reading comprehension, man?

Again, the answer to your question is, the way PED cycles are administered during training, a fighter would likely be clean at least 1-3 weeks PRIOR to fight night. The benefit of PEDs in the ring are none. The benefit of PEDs is during TRAINING. Fighters cycle down their training - and, in this case, their PED doses - leading up to the fight.

Okay...so do you get it now...? A blood and/or urine test AFTER the fight is moot, as the purpose of PEDs is to enhance and benefit the fighter during training, which is why Mayweather is insisting upon RANDOM testing THROUGHOUT TRAINING CAMPS in order to keep PEDs out of the picture.

Okay...now read it back to us so we all know you got it.
    Dude I don't know from fucking PEDs so Im going to ask questions if I don't know. My sticking point is does the benfit garnered during training stay with the fighter so that his performance is enhanced during the fight? Again I don't know much about PEDS so I don't know if the effect is lessened when you stop or how quickly the edge diminishes.

Dude. I'm one of the biggest Ali fans there is. How does that fight contradict what I said. In no time in that fight was Frazier in danger of being KO's by Ali. Was he beat up? Yea. Foreman destroyed Frazier. Twice. He destroyed Norton. Ali came nowhere to knocking out either one of them.

When is the last time Pacquiao faced a slick boxer?

We all saw Marquez counterpunch his way to winning more rounds against Pacquiao.

And we all saw a shop worn Morales outbox Pacquiao.

Floyd is better than them both.

Pacquiao doesn't win more than 4 rounds...

Mosley would be a tougher fight for Floyd.
    Yep. Mosley is the harder fight for Floyd...

Dude. I'm one of the biggest Ali fans there is. How does that fight contradict what I said. In no time in that fight was Frazier in danger of being KO's by Ali. Was he beat up? Yea. Foreman destroyed Frazier. Twice. He destroyed Norton. Ali came nowhere to knocking out either one of them.
    Frazier was out on his feet the round before they stopped it (13) sunnnn whatchutawkinbout?
    BUT there nothing like the way Foreman knocked out Frazier ....ever...

I did.

Frazier's corner stopped the fight because his vision was severely impaired. They realized that their man could get permanently hurt in the 15th round against a sharp-shooting head hunter like Ali, given his condition. However, besides being blind, Frazier was physically capable of finishing the fight.

IIRC correctly, Frazier attended a post fight party that night. Ali, OTOH, spent the next few days in the hospital.

Fact is, although Ali won the fight, Frazier kicked the living shit out of Ali that night.

Frazier was out on his feet the round before they stopped it (13) sunnnn whatchutawkinbout?
    BUT there nothing like the way Foreman knocked out Frazier ....ever...
    Frazier is from Philly. Even Foreman had to settle for 2 TKO's. No way was he out on his feet in Round 14. Only reason it was stopped was because of the condition of Frazier's face and how Ali woulda just kept hitting it cuz Joe couldn't see the punches coming. Joe wanted to continue. Futch said no.

I did.

Frazier's corner stopped the fight because his vision was severely impaired. They realized that their man could get permanently hurt in the 15th round against a sharp-shooting head hunter like Ali, given his condition. However, besides being blind, Frazier was physically capable of finishing the fight.

IIRC correctly, Frazier attended a post fight party that night. Ali, OTOH, spent the next few days in the hospital.

Fact is, although Ali won the fight, Frazier kicked the living shit out of Ali that night.
    Yep. Although I think the heat more than anything spent Ali. Their gloves were water-logged and I can't imagine how they coulda been throwin those heavy gloves in that heat.

My sticking point is does the benfit garnered during training stay with the fighter so that his performance is enhanced during the fight?
    Yeah.

I know that HGH helps the muscles recover faster, enabling the athlete to train harder. Train harder and you perform better on fight night.