Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: The difference between "gay" and "homosexual"? Ask (but don't tell) the Democrats

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    neverness
    Posts
    12,981

    The difference between "gay" and "homosexual"? Ask (but don't tell) the Democrats

    New Poll Shows Support for Repeal of ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’

    By DALIA SUSSMAN

    As the Obama administration proposes repealing the ban against the policy known as “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” a new New York Times/CBS News poll finds that a majority of the public support allowing openly gay men and women to serve in the military.

    There’s less support, however, for allowing homosexuals to serve openly.

    Confused?

    The results highlight the importance of wording on the issue. In a test, half of the poll’s respondents were asked their opinion on permitting “gay men and lesbians” to serve, and the other half were asked about permitting “homosexuals” to serve.

    The wording of the question proved to make a difference. Seven in 10 respondents said they favor allowing “gay men and lesbians” to serve in the military, including nearly 6 in 10 who said they should be allowed to serve openly. But support was somewhat lower among those who were asked about allowing “homosexuals” to serve, with 59 percent in favor, including 44 percent who support allowing them to serve openly.

    Democrats in the poll seemed particularly swayed by the wording. Seventy-nine percent of Democrats said they support permitting gay men and lesbians to serve openly. Fewer Democrats however, just 43 percent, said they were in favor of allowing homosexuals to serve openly. Republicans and independents varied less between the two terms.

    As the debate of repealing “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” moves forward, these findings illustrate the influence that simple language can have.

    The national telephone poll was conducted with 1,084 adults Feb. 5-10 and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus four percentage points for each half sample. Complete poll results and article will be available this evening at www.nytimes.com.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,509
    This is all some absolutely insane assinine bullshit. Besides, I served in the U.S. Army from 1982 to 1986, and trust, I sucked a LOT of dick in the barracks. And my lesbian commander begged me not to get out when I didn't re-enlist. And I'm gay, homosexual, queer, faggot, a tart or whatever the fuck you want to call me. All that and a bag of chips with dip! I'm really sick of hearing all this government mess on this issue. The fags and the dykes have always been in the military, and they always will be. Doesn't matter what the regs say.
    Last edited by EddieW8; 02-11-2010 at 02:37 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    spread love is the Brooklyn way
    Posts
    21,421
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieW8 View Post
    trust, I sucked a LOT of dick in the barracks.
    post of the year

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    8,956
    Quote Originally Posted by D J 1 3 8 View Post
    post of the year
    for rilz

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieW8 View Post
    This is all some absolutely insane assinine bullshit. Besides, I served in the U.S. Army from 1982 to 1986, and trust, I sucked a LOT of dick in the barracks. And my lesbian commander begged me not to get out when I didn't re-enlist. And I'm gay, homosexual, queer, faggot, a tart or whatever the fuck you want to call me. All that and a bag of chips with dip! I'm really sick of hearing all this government mess on this issue. The fags and the dykes have always been in the military, and they always will be. Doesn't matter what the regs say.
    wow

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    15,773
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieW8 View Post
    This is all some absolutely insane assinine bullshit. Besides, I served in the U.S. Army from 1982 to 1986, and trust, I sucked a LOT of dick in the barracks. And my lesbian commander begged me not to get out when I didn't re-enlist. And I'm gay, homosexual, queer, faggot, a tart or whatever the fuck you want to call me. All that and a bag of chips with dip! I'm really sick of hearing all this government mess on this issue. The fags and the dykes have always been in the military, and they always will be. Doesn't matter what the regs say.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    neverness
    Posts
    12,981
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieW8 View Post
    And I'm gay, homosexual, queer, faggot, a tart
    Apparently, Democrats will only support your dick sucking in the barracks if you're gay. They disapprove of homosexuals.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Moksha View Post
    Apparently, Democrats will only support your dick sucking in the barracks if you're gay. They disapprove of homosexuals.
    Their approval is neither required or desired.

    Last edited by EddieW8; 02-11-2010 at 03:16 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    El ay, Caleh for nigh ay
    Posts
    9,688
    Two wars, with rumors and rumblings of wars on our horizon, and humanitarian aid and NATO commitments...in our volunteer military...with recruitment figures at an all-time low...

    How do these cats exclude ANYBODY?

    Short of muthafukas in medium-security prison or worse, they better allow anyone physically able and willing to get their grind on. Phase out DADT, revise the age threshold to be a variable based upon physical performance against professional designation (i.e. surgeons and engineers being turned down by recruiters because they're past their 38th birthday - FTW?), and, most importantly, fix the damned VA so the members of our Armed Forces receive their promised and committed benefits.

    All these cats goin' on about DADT, knowing they have soldiers with mystery ailments wasting away without research and treatment. PTSD suicides at epidemic levels. Facilities in WWII condition. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

    Better let all flavors of gay-ass homosexuals in, because they won't be getting my kids. I'll be golfing and making pizza in fuckin' France before that happens.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiew8 View Post
    this is all some absolutely insane assinine bullshit. Besides, i served in the u.s. Army from 1982 to 1986, and trust, i sucked a lot of dick in the barracks. And my lesbian commander begged me not to get out when i didn't re-enlist. And i'm gay, homosexual, queer, faggot, a tart or whatever the fuck you want to call me. All that and a bag of chips with dip! I'm really sick of hearing all this government mess on this issue. The fags and the dykes have always been in the military, and they always will be. Doesn't matter what the regs say.


    10/10
    Last edited by domodisco; 02-11-2010 at 03:32 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    18,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Moksha View Post
    New Poll Shows Support for Repeal of ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’

    By DALIA SUSSMAN

    As the Obama administration proposes repealing the ban against the policy known as “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” a new New York Times/CBS News poll finds that a majority of the public support allowing openly gay men and women to serve in the military.

    There’s less support, however, for allowing homosexuals to serve openly.

    Confused?

    The results highlight the importance of wording on the issue. In a test, half of the poll’s respondents were asked their opinion on permitting “gay men and lesbians” to serve, and the other half were asked about permitting “homosexuals” to serve.

    The wording of the question proved to make a difference. Seven in 10 respondents said they favor allowing “gay men and lesbians” to serve in the military, including nearly 6 in 10 who said they should be allowed to serve openly. But support was somewhat lower among those who were asked about allowing “homosexuals” to serve, with 59 percent in favor, including 44 percent who support allowing them to serve openly.

    Democrats in the poll seemed particularly swayed by the wording. Seventy-nine percent of Democrats said they support permitting gay men and lesbians to serve openly. Fewer Democrats however, just 43 percent, said they were in favor of allowing homosexuals to serve openly. Republicans and independents varied less between the two terms.

    As the debate of repealing “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” moves forward, these findings illustrate the influence that simple language can have.

    The national telephone poll was conducted with 1,084 adults Feb. 5-10 and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus four percentage points for each half sample. Complete poll results and article will be available this evening at www.nytimes.com.
    Every time someone talks about stupid republicans, this article should be re-posted. This country is filled with stupid stupid stupid people.
    (\_/) "Recognizeth an attention
    (O.-)whore when thou doth sees
    (___) it, and then ignoreth its ass" - SuzanneT 1:1

    "Change happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go." — Spencer Johnson

    "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”– Angela Monet

    "There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't" -unknown

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,509
    n/m

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •