Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pick your 5 best NBA players that never won a ring...

Pick your 5 best NBA players that never won a ring

Querck, I see you did not do your homework assignment for today, In regards to studying your lessons, Before replying, My man/LOL, Querck, Here's an open book test for you to do, Right about now, My man, Querck, Do the research on Karl Malone's history in the NBA(Or College/LOL), In regards to Karl Malone carrying a crew BY HIMSELF, My man(No Assists from John Stockton, No jumpers for Jeff Hornachek and Byron Russell, etc), By HIMSELF,

Now, Querck, Here's were you get to truely learn, From the material that you are being presented with in regards to information, My man/LOL, Bernard King carried the Knicks for 4 years(2-time, NBA All-First team), 1-time, NBA All-Second team), 4-time NBA all-star), Bernard King sustained a very bad kneee injury in April of 1985, Causing Bernard King to lose two years of his career, Recovering from the knee injury in 1985, Dannyboy(Querck),

I'll stop right there, My man/LOL, Dannyboy, I know your a very young cat, So here's a little advice, My man, The next time you try to critique a cat, Who has seen and experienced alot in life, Please, STUDY YOUR LESSONS, BEFORE REPLYING, My man(Mad

Comedy with yours/LOL), Also, Dannyboy, Have you ever seen Elgin Baylor or Pete Maravich play before, My man(From some reason, You did not answer that question, That i asked you before/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barnes View Post
    Querck, I see you did not do your homework assignment for today, In regards to studying your lessons, Before replying, My man/LOL, Querck, Here's an open book test for you to do, Right about now, My man, Querck, Do the research on Karl Malone's history in the NBA(Or College/LOL), In regards to Karl Malone carrying a crew BY HIMSELF, My man(No Assists from John Stockton, No jumpers for Jeff Hornachek and Byron Russell, etc), By HIMSELF,

Now, Querck, Here's were you get to truely learn, From the material that you are being presented with in regards to information, My man/LOL, Bernard King carried the Knicks for 4 years(2-time, NBA All-First team), 1-time, NBA All-Second team), 4-time NBA all-star), Bernard King sustained a very bad kneee injury in April of 1985, Causing Bernard King to lose two years of his career, Recovering from the knee injury in 1985, Dannyboy(Querck),

I'll stop right there, My man/LOL, Dannyboy, I know your a very young cat, So here's a little advice, My man, The next time you try to critique a cat, Who has seen and experienced alot in life, Please, STUDY YOUR LESSONS, BEFORE REPLYING, My man(Mad

Comedy with yours/LOL), Also, Dannyboy, Have you ever seen Elgin Baylor or Pete Maravich play before, My man(From some reason, You did not answer that question, That i asked you before/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Hey Mike, I respect your knowledge of the game. No, I have not seen much of Elgin Baylor or Pete Maravich. I also haven't seen Russell or Wilt.....so does that mean I can't consider them some of the greatest players ever? What I can do is rely on the basketball community to guide me about the past. For example: Baylor and Maravich are in the hall of fame. They were named on the top 50 NBA players of all time list. That means something. Bernard King wasn't.

Bernard King was great....for a few years. Injuries are part of the game and part of players' legacy too. Coulda, woulda........in my opinion Arvidas Sabonis is the greatest center I have ever seen, but he got severely injured 2 years into his career, so unfortunately he didn't realize his potential.

Bernard King was made the 1st team all NBA 2 times......how many times did Karl Malone make it? How many career points do they have? How many NBA finals have they been to? Just look at the facts.

And Rod Strickland didn't make it to a single all-star game. Chris Kaman made it to an all-star game. This is also a fact. While this doesn't mean that Kaman is the better player, but it tells you something about what the NBA community thought about Strickland. A very good point guard, no doubt, but not a great player by any means. You really discredit yourself when you put people like this on your lists, while leaving out all-time greats like Malone.

Pick your 5 best NBA players that never won a ring

Querck, Please pardon my very narrow view of the facts of basketball, In regards to dis-crediting myself, When it comes to my XXXX years of watching, playing, Following, The game of basketball, My man(Dannyboy, I'm very glad that you brought this to my

attention, My man), DannyBoy, For awhile, I truley thought that i knew alittle about the game of Basketball, Until, I answered your thread, My man(Damn, Was i wrong, In regards to thinking that i knew the game of basketball/LOL), Dannyboy, I'm having fun with you my man/LOL, Dannyboy, You can feel or choose, Whoever you elect to choose to(Regardless if you have seen a cat or not, But, Dannyboy, Remember this, My man, Most of the cats

Thats select the basketball hall of fame, Inductees(Sportwriters), Most of those cats, Have never seen that much basketball, Dating back to the 80's/LOL), Dannyboy, Along with a vast majority of Sportswriters, Have favorite players too,(Dannyboy, You can checkout the Hall of fame lists and 50 greatest players lists to get your proof/LOL), Dannyboy, You

Feel i put cats like Bernard King and Rod Strickland down on my lists, Because, There from New York/LOL, But,You don't critique, My selection of Michael Ray Richardson, Who's from Texas(I guess you have seen Michael Ray Richardson play to agree that he should be on

My list, My man/LOL), Dannyboy, Bernard King played for 16 years(1977-1993), Dannyboy, Here's Bernard Kings NBA accolades, Now build with me on, If you still feel, Bernard King is not hall of fame worthy, My man/LOL.

Bernard King's accolades:(1977-1993)
    4x NBA All-Star (1982, 1984, 1985, 1991)
    1978 NBA All-Rookie First Team
    2x All-NBA First Team (1984, 1985)
    1x All-NBA Second Team (1982)
    1x All-NBA Third Team (1991)
    1984 Sporting News NBA MVP
    Bernard King scored over 19,655 points in 16 years, Including, Bernard King not playing for 2 years in 1985-87, 5,060, rebounds and 2,863 assists.

Dannyboy, As for Rod Strickland, Well, Rod Strickland never made the Allstar crew, Because, of Attitude, Opposed to basketball ability, My man, yes, Rod was jerked from making the allstar crew, More than a few times, on two different coast(Portland and Washington), Dannyboy, As you stated before, this is fact, My man/LOL, Dannyboy, Cats

Like Charles Oakley Dennis Rodman, Dale Davis, All made the allstar crew too(Does making the allstar crew or being selected into the hall of fame, Defines a cats talent, Or lack of talent, My man(It does not to me/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by yeomanhot View Post
    Isn't Grant Hill better than Nique?
    I laughted so hard that I vomitted after I read this.
    All I want is the music and no one will get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Querck View Post
    ...what the NBA community thought about Strickland. A very good point guard, no doubt, but not a great player by any means...
    mad comedy indeed

Quote Originally Posted by bigshawn View Post
    I laughted so hard that I vomitted after I read this.
    nique was a better jumper and a better scorer, but, i'm not so sure that he was a better basketball player than grant hill

Quote Originally Posted by mhd View Post
    mad comedy indeed
    Rod used to dribble like the ball was glued to his palm. No one could guard him.

Quote Originally Posted by mhd View Post
    nique was a better jumper and a better scorer, but, i'm not so sure that he was a better basketball player than grant hill
    Word!......and Grant Hill is still playing.
    Who sets the level/bar height?for dj-ing?.....It's as though dj's are in a rush to do the Limbo!

I love Grant Hill, but IMO, you didn't have to plan for him like you had to do with "The Human Highlight Reel"

Grant is more than a great contributor, but Wilkins gave kats nightmares.

As far as Hill still playing, he should be well rested, dood took 4 years off for an ankle.

From the streets of Brooklyn, living in the burbs of Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshawn View Post
    I love Grant Hill, but IMO, you didn't have to plan for him like you had to do with "The Human Highlight Reel"

Grant is more than a great contributor, but Wilkins gave kats nightmares.

As far as Hill still playing, he should be well rested, dood took 4 years off for an ankle.
    Nique was crazy nice. He gave cats fits cuz he was nice AND he had a good team around him. Grant Hill was crazy nice all over the court before got hurt AND he didn't have a good team around him. It was basically just him putting in work.
    The BK Show - Hosted by DJ Val Thursday's 8 PM www.DHPradio.com

The BK Show - Hosted by DJ Val Monday's 8 PM (Bi-Weekly) www.CyberJamz.com

http://djval-bkny11203.podOmatic.com

http://soundcloud.com/djval_bkny11203

2013 Deep House Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cordell View Post
    John Stockton
    Allen Iverson
    Charles Barkley
    Karl Malone
    Patrick Ewing
    My list as well. Another top player no one has mentioned is Adrian Dantley.

Quote Originally Posted by AK View Post
    My list as well. Another top player no one has mentioned is Adrian Dantley.
    Sucks for AD, but Zeke was right to OK that move out of Detroit
    http://www.nubangclan.com
    http://www.myspace.com/warriornbc

Your sins are the only interesting thing about you dreary bleak muthaf***s - Doug Stanhope

Quote Originally Posted by fred da warrior View Post
    Sucks for AD, but Zeke was right to OK that move out of Detroit
    Think so? I always felt that AD got screwed. Helped lead them to the brink of a title then Zeke engineered the trade to get his boy (Aguirre) a ring. Always seemed like bitchassedness to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AK View Post
    Think so? I always felt that AD got screwed. Helped lead them to the brink of a title then Zeke engineered the trade to get his boy (Aguirre) a ring. Always seemed like bitchassedness to me.

I always interpreted that whole scenario as Detroit was not going to take that next step because AD was bogging down the offense and they needed to open the floor which Aguirre could provide....no denying AD got the ol' hand in the back
    http://www.nubangclan.com
    http://www.myspace.com/warriornbc

Your sins are the only interesting thing about you dreary bleak muthaf***s - Doug Stanhope

Querck, I most definitely know, Your not trying to come hard at me, In regards to Basketball, My man(Mad Comedy/LOL), Querck, Check my dossier in regards to basketball knowledge and when you finish by June of 2020, Then, Check back with your findings in regards to research and critique, My man(Mad comedy with yours), Querck, Do your

Research on Bernard King, My man(Mad, Mad comedy/LOL), Querck, Bernard King was nicer than anyone on your list, And, Most of the other lists on this thread, My man, Querck, Please, Study your lessons, My man(Thats your homework assignment for tonight, My man/LOL), Also, Querck, Have you ever seen Elgin Baylor or Pete Maravich play before, My man(Mad comedy again/LOL), If so, Please build with me, On their strong points and weak

Points of the game of basketball(From what you remember, Since you put Elgin Baylor and Pete Maravich on your list over Bernard King, My man/LOL), Querck, As for Dirk Nowitzki, Chris Mullin(Who would say that Bernard king was way better than himself, If you asked him/LOL), Dominique Wilkens(Mad comedy/LOL), Karl Malone, Etc, On your list of cats Better than Bernard King, Please, My man, STUDY YOUR LESSONS/LOL.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes
    Querk...dissing Bernard King is SACRILEGE! On of the most dominant scorers who ever play. Larry legend said BK was the scariest player he ever faced.

1. Bernard King
    2. Karl Malone
    3. John Stockton
    4. Pete Maravich
    5. George Gervin

Querck, Please pardon my very narrow view of the facts of basketball, In regards to dis-crediting myself, When it comes to my XXXX years of watching, playing, Following, The game of basketball, My man(Dannyboy, I'm very glad that you brought this to my

attention, My man), DannyBoy, For awhile, I truley thought that i knew alittle about the game of Basketball, Until, I answered your thread, My man(Damn, Was i wrong, In regards to thinking that i knew the game of basketball/LOL), Dannyboy, I'm having fun with you my man/LOL, Dannyboy, You can feel or choose, Whoever you elect to choose to(Regardless if you have seen a cat or not, But, Dannyboy, Remember this, My man, Most of the cats

Thats select the basketball hall of fame, Inductees(Sportwriters), Most of those cats, Have never seen that much basketball, Dating back to the 80's/LOL), Dannyboy, Along with a vast majority of Sportswriters, Have favorite players too,(Dannyboy, You can checkout the Hall of fame lists and 50 greatest players lists to get your proof/LOL), Dannyboy, You

Feel i put cats like Bernard King and Rod Strickland down on my lists, Because, There from New York/LOL, But,You don't critique, My selection of Michael Ray Richardson, Who's from Texas(I guess you have seen Michael Ray Richardson play to agree that he should be on

My list, My man/LOL), Dannyboy, Bernard King played for 16 years(1977-1993), Dannyboy, Here's Bernard Kings NBA accolades, Now build with me on, If you still feel, Bernard King is not hall of fame worthy, My man/LOL.

Bernard King's accolades:(1977-1993)
    4x NBA All-Star (1982, 1984, 1985, 1991)
    1978 NBA All-Rookie First Team
    2x All-NBA First Team (1984, 1985)
    1x All-NBA Second Team (1982)
    1x All-NBA Third Team (1991)
    1984 Sporting News NBA MVP
    Bernard King scored over 19,655 points in 16 years, Including, Bernard King not playing for 2 years in 1985-87, 5,060, rebounds and 2,863 assists.

Dannyboy, As for Rod Strickland, Well, Rod Strickland never made the Allstar crew, Because, of Attitude, Opposed to basketball ability, My man, yes, Rod was jerked from making the allstar crew, More than a few times, on two different coast(Portland and Washington), Dannyboy, As you stated before, this is fact, My man/LOL, Dannyboy, Cats

Like Charles Oakley Dennis Rodman, Dale Davis, All made the allstar crew too(Does making the allstar crew or being selected into the hall of fame, Defines a cats talent, Or lack of talent, My man(It does not to me/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes
    Oh and the Knicks need to cut the BS and retire his number!

George Gervin
    Charles Barkley
    John Stockton
    Karl Malone
    Dominique Wilkins

Lafayette "Fat" Lever is not far behind

Subject to change when I remember the name of another deserving kat that should go on the team :D
    Last edited by bigshawn; 02-17-2010 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Melting Pot NYC View Post
    Oh and the Knicks need to cut the BS and retire his number!
    they haven't done so yet??? if not, wow!!!
    www.KLUBNUT.com "A Musical Obsession!"
    Latest Mixes: I'm Still Here
    My Facebook
    My Mixcloud
    My Podcast

Pick your 5 best NBA players that never won a ring...

Melting Pot, Ernest Fountain, I feel the reason why the Knicks have not retired Bernard King's number, Is The power structure of the Knicks, Past team ownership(Sonny Werblin/Rip), Not allowing the Knicks present ownership(The Dolan Family), To retire Bernard King's number, Because, Of Bernard King's decision to rehabiliate his injuryed knee,

Without being around the team, During the seasons of 1986/87, Though, Dr.Norman Scott(Legendary Team doctor for the Knicks and New York Jets during the 60's,70's,80's,90's),
    Performed the surgery on Bernard King's Knee(Torn ACL in 1985), Bernard King requested to Dr.Scott and Hubie Brown(Former Head coach of the Knicks from 1982-1986), Al Bianchi(Former President and General manager of the Knicks, During the early 80's to early 90's),

Sonny Werblin(Former Team Owner of the Knicks, During the 1970's,80's,Etc), Well, Bernard King stated to all of those cats, Mentioned earlier, That he wanted to rehabilate his knee on his own and by himself, In his home gym, In 1986 and 1987, Bernard King did not come to any Knick games for almost two years(Though, Bernard King did show up for a few Knick

Practices, In 1986), Bernard King was dedicated and vastly committed, To become the player that he once was(No matter what, At any cost), Infact, Once, Bernard King did come back to play a few games with the Knicks in 1987, The Boston Celtic's wanted

Bernard King to sign a contract with them in 1987/88, Boston wanted Bernard King to come off the bench, And, Just score/LOL, But, Bernard King refused to sign with Boston at the end of the 1987 season, Because, Bernard King was dedicated to becoming the same player that he was before the ACL injury in 1985, Melting Pot, Ernest Fountain, Sonny

Werblin(Former Owner of the Knicks, During the 70's,80's), Still carries alot of weight in New York, In regards to, What players are honored with their uniforms in the rafters of Madison Square Garden, Meltin Pot, Ernest Fountain, Sonny Werblin and the rest of the Knicks team officals, During the mid 80's, Felt that Bernard King betrayed the crew, By,

Bernard King not showing up to sit on the bench, During Knick games for almost two years(Bernard King knew the Knicks were not going to re-sign him to a contract, After, Bernard King's Knee injury in 1985, So, Bernard King separated himself from the Knicks, To

concentrate on Rehabilating his knee to full strength in 1986 and 1987, Meltin Pot, Ernest Fountain, Maybe, One day, The Knicks will honor a cat, Who gave his all, Every game,
    Practice, Etc, Much respect to Bernard King(Who rests in the Atlanta area, Not far from another New York all-time great, Julius Erving, Who moved to Atlanta, Last year/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes
    Last edited by Mike Barnes; 02-18-2010 at 03:18 PM.

everyone is feelin john stockton, but there's guards in the league right now better than him with no ring.

Tony Winter, I've never felt John Stockton was nice, My man/LOL, Along with my feeling, That, John Stockton, Should not have been in the ballpark, For any hall of fame selection(But, Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway, Rod Strickland, Maurice Cheeks), Are not in the hall of fame(Mad comedy/LOL), John Stockton being the alltime assists leader, Means nothing to

Me, My man(Money could not put the ball in the basket, When his crew needs it, In the 4th quarter of playoff games, My man/LOL), Money has made a career, Off of Hoppin it to Karl Malone, Jeff Horneck, Thurl Bailey, David Benoit, Jeff Malone, Darrell Griffith, Etc, In regards to cats, Who could shoot jumpers, While, Karl Malone was getting double-teamed(I wish i

Could have played in a system like that/LOL), Tony, Cats like Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Ranjon Rondo, Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings, Would run through John Stockon like a laxative, My man, Shit, Even, John Wall(Freshman at Kentucky), Would demo John

Stockton, My man/LOL, Tony, John Stockton was a good player, Who played in a very unique system under Jerry Sloan, Which catered to, Having a very good low post player(Karl Malone, Who could shoot jumpers too), Along with having very good shooters(Jeff Malone, Darryl Griffith,Thurl Bailey, Jeff Horneck, Etc), Tony, There's no way, On gods green earth,

John Stockton should be in, Anyone's Hall of fame, Or Dream Team, My man My man(Mad Comedy/LOL), Tony, I would like to explain to you, Why, John Stockton being the alltime assists leader, Means nothing to me, My man, Well, Mark Jackson is the number 3 all-time

Assists leader in the NBA, And, Mark Jackson is NOT GETTING CLOSE TO BEING SELECTED INTO THE HALL OF FAME, My man/LOL, Tony, If Mark Jackson is selected into the hall of fame, I will, Stop posting on this very board, My man(Seriously).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes
    Last edited by Mike Barnes; 02-20-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Tony Winter, I've never felt John Stockton was nice, My man/LOL, Along with my feeling, That, John Stockton, Should not have been in the ballpark, For any hall of fame selection(But, Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway, Rod Strickland, Maurice Cheeks), Are not in the hall of fame(Mad comedy/LOL), John Stockton being the alltime assists leader, Means nothing to

Me, My man(Money could not put the ball in the basket, When his crew needs it, In the 4th quarter of playoff games, My man/LOL), Money has made a career, Off of Hoppin it to Karl Malone, Jeff Horneck, Thurl Bailey, David Benoit, Jeff Malone, Darrell Griffith, Etc, In regards to cats, Who could shoot jumpers, While, Karl Malone was getting double-teamed(I wish i

Could have played in a system like that/LOL), Tony, Cats like Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Ranjon Rondo, Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings, Would run through John Stockon like a laxative, My man, Shit, Even, John Wall(Freshman at Kentucky), Would demo John

Stockton, My man/LOL, Tony, John Stockton was a good player, Who played in a very unique system under Jerry Sloan, Which catered to, Having a very good low post player(Karl Malone, Who could shoot jumpers too), Along with having very good shooters(Jeff Malone, Darryl Griffith,Thurl Bailey, Jeff Horneck, Etc), Tony, There's no way, On gods green earth,

John Stockton should be in, Anyone's Hall of fame, Or Dream Team, My man My man(Mad Comedy/LOL), Tony, I would like to explain to you, Why, John Stockton being the alltime assists leader, Means nothing to me, My man, Well, Mark Jackson is the number 3 all-time

Assists leader in the NBA, And, Mark Jackson is NOT GETTING CLOSE TO BEING SELECTED INTO THE HALL OF FAME, My man/LOL, Tony, If Mark Jackson is selected into the hall of fame, I will, Stop posting on this very board, My man(Seriously).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes
    Respect for real. You named all the guards I was thinking about. LOL on Mark Jackson !

D Wilkins, Ewing, Malone, B. King, Barkley. If I can sqeeze in 1 mo...Iverson.

Tony, I'm very sure your aware, That, Mark Jackson's from Brooklyn, My man(Though, Mark's family used to rest in Queens for years), Tony, As far as i'm concerned, Brooklyn can have him(Mark Jackson), My man/LOL, Money(Mark Jackson), Was never reppin Queens, From where I'm sittin, My man/LOL.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Somewhere on Chicago's "Sookie Sookie" Southside!
    Quote Originally Posted by Querck View Post
    You know alot about basketball. I will give you that much. But your opinions are weird (LOL).....sometimes bordering on crazy. You honestly believe that Bernard King was better than Karl Malone????GTFOH!

It's like me coming out here and saying that Andrei Kirilenko is better than Scottie Pippen (simply because I am more personally fond of him).

Sometimes it's good to take FACTS into account when you formulate your opinions.
    This dude is on some good DHP drugs!

Bernard King was and will always be the TRUTH!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...95&ref=profile
    Old men start wars that young men fight.