Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: DC in NYC tonite

  1. #1

    DC in NYC tonite

    Chris burns is playing at Soulgasm.....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,510
    Soulgasm is a great party run by my friend Red. This should be good. I have to work, or I'd be there.

    But speaking of D.C. DJs, would you or any of the D.C. people know if Tito who used to play the Clubhouse on Upshur - is he still around and playing?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    4,385
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieW8 View Post
    Soulgasm is a great party run by my friend Red. This should be good. I have to work, or I'd be there.

    But speaking of D.C. DJs, would you or any of the D.C. people know if Tito who used to play the Clubhouse on Upshur - is he still around and playing?
    Tito lives in Florida now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Timmy Richardson View Post
    A pet peeve of mine is hating when people try to rewrite history that I am a part of.
    http://djdub63.podomatic.com/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    2,151
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieW8 View Post
    Soulgasm is a great party run by my friend Red. This should be good. I have to work, or I'd be there.

    But speaking of D.C. DJs, would you or any of the D.C. people know if Tito who used to play the Clubhouse on Upshur - is he still around and playing?
    When I go out on my runs, I often run by where the Clubhouse used to be. What boggles my mind is how they got away with having a massive club like that smack dab in the middle of a residential neighborhood and a block or two from a school?

    I'm on the bus right now and getting pretty excited while putting tunes together for tonight! I've got a few new vocal projects I'll be testing to see if they are up to the tastes of you native new yorkers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    16,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    I'll be testing to see if they are up to the tastes of you native new yorkers.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Arlington, VA (Washington DC Metro)
    Posts
    51,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    ... I've got a few new vocal projects I'll be testing to see if they are up to the tastes of you native new yorkers.


    Website - www.clubflipside.com | Beatport - http://dj.beatport.com/#/daver | Resident Advisor - www.residentadvisor.net/dj/daverussell |
    Podcast - www.daverussell.podomatic.com | YouTube - www.youtube.com/daveruss66 | Facebook - www.facebook.com/daveruss66

    "I Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda ..." today, is likely the result of saying "F### it" yesterday

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    dc
    Posts
    39,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    When I go out on my runs, I often run by where the Clubhouse used to be. What boggles my mind is how they got away with having a massive club like that smack dab in the middle of a residential neighborhood and a block or two from a school?
    school wasn't much of an issue, club wasn't that massive either, at least it doesn't appear that way from the outside and while the impact on the neighborhood was great in terms of parking, the bigger issue was crime against patrons and their vehicles, patrons did not bring crime to the venue like go-go clubs did such as the ibex up georgia avenue which the ANC ultimately shut down, the ibex had a much bigger profile and could qualify as massive, among other things, the clubhouse though, as an underground club had a much lower profile structurally, in comparison to ibex or traks, for that matter

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    When I go out on my runs, I often run by where the Clubhouse used to be. What boggles my mind is how they got away with having a massive club like that smack dab in the middle of a residential neighborhood and a block or two from a school?

    I'm on the bus right now and getting pretty excited while putting tunes together for tonight! I've got a few new vocal projects I'll be testing to see if they are up to the tastes of you native new yorkers.
    1296 Upshur. Children's Hour. So many memories. Remember the year of the "Hottest Safari in Africa?"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    7,962
    Quote Originally Posted by mhd View Post
    school wasn't much of an issue, club wasn't that massive either, at least it doesn't appear that way from the outside and while the impact on the neighborhood was great in terms of parking, the bigger issue was crime against patrons and their vehicles, patrons did not bring crime to the venue like go-go clubs did such as the ibex up georgia avenue which the ANC ultimately shut down, the ibex had a much bigger profile and could qualify as massive, among other things, the clubhouse though, as an underground club had a much lower profile structurally, in comparison to ibex or traks, for that matter
    The Ibex...damn, that brings back some (bad) memories...
    95 North on Facebook

    95 North on Podomatic

    www.95north.net

    "Ya whole style is straight baby thighs son. Straight up."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    2,151
    This was great fun, big thanks to Brian and Red for having me up. This is a great and perfect spot for an intimate weekday party, don't take this for granted New Yorkers!

  11. #11
    you guys and your laptops

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    16,059

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    4,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    When I go out on my runs, I often run by where the Clubhouse used to be. What boggles my mind is how they got away with having a massive club like that smack dab in the middle of a residential neighborhood and a block or two from a school?

    I'm on the bus right now and getting pretty excited while putting tunes together for tonight! I've got a few new vocal projects I'll be testing to see if they are up to the tastes of you native new yorkers.
    i know .... many a sunday morning i stumbled out of that club, greeting the church folk.......

    have a ball at soulgasm ......
    Last edited by dekmusic; 02-19-2010 at 05:18 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •