Thread: underground house 'zine

you know how the punk scene is littered with underground magazines. is there any such thing in the house community? [img]graemlins/conf44.gif[/img]
    gotta keep keep on pushin on

There used to be a lot of magazines like that in Germany that were very fine.

Peace,

Gerd
    Guilty feet have got no rhythm.

Hey, we got DHP!

The quality of most magazines went to shit in the mid-nineties, but URB (based out of Los Angeles) still does a pretty good job. I miss when it used to be free. :(

Originally posted by gj:
    Hey, we got DHP!
    true that. the work that gman puts into the dhp fills a huge void. but the only thing is, i can't take my desktop to the bathroom with me! [img]icon_rofl.gif[/img]
    gotta keep keep on pushin on

Originally posted by gj:

Peace,

Gerd
    Did "Groove" recently cease publication?

Originally posted by der geile hund:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gj:

Peace,

Gerd
    Did "Groove" recently cease publication? </font>[/QUOTE]There are rumours about that, but as far as I know, there will be a next issue .At least, I have done some reviews for the next one :D
    Did you ever check out Ouk, Pepe?
    And there used to be two fanzines back in teh nineties that were very good. "Dub" and "Size!". Teh latter one was run by C-Rock (Stir 15) and Yannick (Needs not Wants)...

Btw, I heard that Louie Vega will be playing at WMF in June. And if you can, check out Watergate on Saturday. Two friedn of mine will be palying there this weekend.

Peace,

Gerd

Originally posted by gj:
    There are rumours about that, but as far as I know, there will be a next issue .At least, I have done some reviews for the next one :D
    Did you ever check out Ouk, Pepe?
    And there used to be two fanzines back in teh nineties that were very good. "Dub" and "Size!". Teh latter one was run by C-Rock (Stir 15) and Yannick (Needs not Wants)...

Btw, I heard that Louie Vega will be playing at WMF in June. And if you can, check out Watergate on Saturday. Two friedn of mine will be palying there this weekend.

Peace,

Gerd
    Naw, never seen Ouk ...

Thanks for the LLV tip, I'll keep an eye out - the dancefloor at WMF is pretty cozy.

Watergate is a nice club, too, beautiful location on the water, only been there once, it was super young, but that was New Year's Eve, so it's probably time to check it out again.

Ouk should be availabel at HArdwax as wel las at Raw Muzique.
    Have you ever been at Raw? My friends keep telling me that it is one of the best stores for house music in Berlin.

Peace,

Gerd

Originally posted by manfred:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gj:
    Hey, we got DHP!
    true that. the work that gman puts into the dhp fills a huge void. but the only thing is, i can't take my desktop to the bathroom with me! [img]icon_rofl.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Buy a laptop.....JMJ
    THE DHP KING OF EDITS

JMJ - Off The Deep End - Now on DHP Radio - Friday 3pm-5pm EST - http://dhpradio.com/jmj-off-the-deep-end.html
    Facebook me: facebook.com/kingofedits
    Podomatic me: http://jmjeditking.podomatic.com/
    Soundcloud me: http://soundcloud.com/jmj-edits

2007 & 2010 Deep House Fantasy Football Champion
    2011 & 2012 back-to-back DHP Fantasy Baseball Champion