Thread: For All You Tommy Fans Outhere

Why does anyone buy this guy's clothes? I stopped buying the cologne as soon as I found out about his racial way of life!!

Good for Oprah!!!!
    I'm sure many of you watched the recent taping of The Oprah Winfrey
    show where her guest was Tommy Hilfiger. On the show, she asked him if
    the statements about race he was accused of saying were true.
    Statements like"... if I'd known African-Americans, Hispanics, Jews and
    Asians would buy my clothes, I would not have made them so nice. I wish
    these people would *NOT* buy my clothes, as they are made for upper
    class white people."

His answer to Oprah was a simple "YES". Where after she immediately
    asked him to leave her show.
    My suggestion? Don't buy your next shirt or Perfume from Tommy
    Hilfiger.
    Let's give him what he asked for. Let's not buy his clothes.
    Let's put him in a financial state where he himself will not be able to
    afford the ridiculous prices he puts on his clothes.
    BOYCOTT PLEASE
    [img]AR15firing.gif[/img]

Chris,that's pretty old.It's actually an urban legend.They have said the same thing about Polo,Girbaurd,Elizabeth Taylor,Timberland and many others.

I have saw that one some time ago also. Trying to convince to not wear his clothes while their favorite rapper NOW models TOMMY will be hard.
    "I'm so tired of you black people walking round looking evil like that's gonna change something."
    -Dick Gregory.

Hilfiger 'Racist' Rumor Is Fashionable Again

Urban Legend Continues to Dog Famed Fashion Designer

By David Emery

The topic of this week's sermon is the Ninth Commandment of Moses: "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor."

Allow me to cast the first stone.

A whole lot of nice, earnest folks who surely don't consider themselves liars are using the Internet to spread a false and libelous rumor about fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger.

It comes to them in the form of a forwarded email message. They read it, they either believe it to be true or don't care if it's true, and they pass it on to friends, associates and people they hardly even know with the click of a mouse button.

Knowingly or not, each one of these people thus becomes a link in a growing chain of lies.

Here's one version of the rumor:

Subject: FWD: Tommy Hilfiger hates us...
    Did you see the recent Oprah Winfrey show on which Tommy Hilfiger was a guest? Oprah asked Hilfiger if his alleged statements about people of color were true - he's been accused of saying things such as "If I had known that African-Americans, Hispanics and Asians would buy my clothes, I would not have made them so nice," and "I wish those people would not buy my clothes - they were made for upper-class whites." What did he say when Oprah asked him if he said these things? He said "Yes." Oprah immediately asked Hilfiger to leave her show.

Now, let's give Hilfiger what he's asked for - let's not buy his clothes. Boycott! Please - pass this message along.

As I say, that's just one version – the sanitized, "politically correct" one, if you will. A more popular and impolite variant goes like this:

Subject: Did you see this show - Nov. 28th.
    For those who missed the Oprah Winfrey show where she interviewed the fashion designer, he made a VERY RACIST remark regarding the people that purchase his clothing line... Summed up, he basically said that if he had known that so many chinamen and niggers were going to buy his clothes, he never would have made it so nice....... After which, Oprah kindly asked him to leave. Now that we all know that he is a BIG TIME RACIST, my suggestion is that we and all of our friends should boycott the TOMMY HILFIGER line. I don't see any point in supporting someone who has such a narrow mind...

What a jerk this guy is! Yeah, if it weren't for us CHINAMEN and NIGGERS, does he think he can be where he is today?????

Please forward this to everyone you know, he really does not deserve anyone's support at all.

All lies, from top to bottom. Hurtful and scandalous lies

Yeah, it is not true. Just rumors ...

I will say his clothing prices are sky high. They really need to bring down that sh_t.

magic_juan
    "There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people."

Tommy Hilfiger brings people closer for some reason.
    Rumor is not true.
    I don't sport that stuff.

[ November 11, 2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: clos7 ]

There is a article by MSN.com debunking the the Urban Legend circulating on the net somewhere.
    "I'm so tired of you black people walking round looking evil like that's gonna change something."
    -Dick Gregory.

If Tommy Hilfiger did what was mentioned earlier on the Oprah show and Oprah kicked him off, where's the rumor? Hilfiger already admitted that what he said was true, which means that he di=oesn't want people of color wearing his clothes. I dont think a boycott is necessary though because there are so many "urban" clothing lines that have pushed Hilfiger from the forefront of urban fashion including Phat Farm, Rocawear, Sean John, Marc Ecko, Meoshe, etc.
    I bet you argue with yourself just to make a point. -- bkny11203
    I only debate my equals, all others I teach. -- John Henrik Clarke
    Frustration leads to long-term memory -- anonymous
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/185004588c9e04
    djmarbll.podomatic.com
    http://www.mixcloud.com/eric-johnson7/