Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On the heels of something Lil Ray said

Quote Originally Posted by bomb cola View Post
    Hey, I'm not one starting threads asking why people look at the DJ at a gig.
    Ok you ARE that dense.....

Quote Originally Posted by bomb cola View Post
    Hey, I'm not one starting threads asking why people look at the DJ at a gig.
    ouch!
    I Am Almost Keeping It Real

Quote Originally Posted by Cratebug View Post
    $40? Am I just gaining entrance? Or do I get a couple of drinks maybe? Copy of the djs's latest whatever perhaps?
    30 years ago clubs were $15. Accounting for inflation $40,is a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by liL Ray View Post
    can you leave my name out of it please.
    this made me laugh!....hahaha!

39 Lincoln Street, Scudder Homes Projects
    If they r up front facing the Dj maybe, they just can't dance. So it leaves more room for the dancers somewhere. I still trying to figure out why were Dj's standing in the middle of the dance floor @ the last AreaCode party I went to. I don't dance much but when I do, get the hell out of my way and leave Timmy alone.
    If I'm late, it's because I'm still using windows 95. I Love 90's House!!

Web: www.YouTube.com/YoRel

Quote Originally Posted by lou dubbs View Post
    this made me laugh!....hahaha!
    Thing is I cited him because when he made the statement it was profound and relevnt. Ah well...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Timmy Richardson View Post
    30 years ago clubs were $15. Accounting for inflation $40,is a bargain.
    Seriously TR? Wow. What fricken clubs were these? I mean, 30 yrs ago I was 10 but was it a thing where they were paying to SEE/experience a dj? (as in the case threaded about here)......Or were you paying because you really wanted to get in to be part of the club's overall craziness & vibe??
    Just Bug.

Seriously TR? Wow. What fricken clubs were these? I mean, 30 yrs ago I was 10 but was it a thing where they were paying to SEE/experience a dj? (as in the case threaded about here)......Or were you paying because you really wanted to get in to be part of the club's overall craziness & vibe??
    Yes & Yes. Talking about the Levans, Mancusos, and the like of the world in NYC

I dunno about you,but we were paying 10-15 bucks in the mid 80's to go to hotel parties Like Lil Louis joints@The Bizmarck.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Timmy Richardson View Post
    In Japan the face the DJ. I know overseas the DJ is the show. Not like here where he/she doesn't get paid and is basically just someone who happens to be playing music.
    True, something here, that is why we like when a dj uses vinyl and he is moving around and ish
    Quote Originally Posted by FK View Post
    The only factors that limit us from playing whatever we wish to are our own fears.

If we don't try it, how will we ever know it worked?

For some, it is more about watching the DJ than experiencing the craziness & vibe. Some would argue that within some dance music scenes there isn't much craziness and vibe. That says a lot about who is attracted to dance music and the way people socialize when they go out these days.
    Martino's criteria for mixes:
    Quote Originally Posted by martino View Post
    I want to hear something with some peaks and valleys (that make some kind of transitional sense), no key clashing (unless it somehow works in a tension building way), no vocal clashing, and overall good energy and maybe a bit drama happening would be cool.
    Myron's Library Blog: http://myronslibraryworld.wordpress.com/
    Myron's Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/mr_intensity

Quote Originally Posted by THE SCHOLAR View Post
    True, something here, that is why we like when a dj uses vinyl and he is moving around and ish
    Do the women get excited about vinyl?......JMJ
    THE DHP KING OF EDITS

JMJ - Off The Deep End - Now on DHP Radio - Friday 3pm-5pm EST - http://dhpradio.com/jmj-off-the-deep-end.html
    Facebook me: facebook.com/kingofedits
    Podomatic me: http://jmjeditking.podomatic.com/
    Soundcloud me: http://soundcloud.com/jmj-edits

2007 & 2010 Deep House Fantasy Football Champion
    2011 & 2012 back-to-back DHP Fantasy Baseball Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Only 12"'s.

That was the going price to get in clubs. Garage was $8 for members and $15 for guests. Now people want the guest list for a $5 party.

: On the heels of something Lil Ray said

Timmy, Don't forget the 2-3 dollars that non-members, Would give cats/young ladies, On line outside the Garage(Who were members), To get them in as guests, My man/LOL, Timmy, What's mad bugged, Is, There were hiphop spots, During the early 80's, That were asking 3-5 dollars at the door(Stardust Ballroom in the Bronx, Kennedy Center in

Manhattan/Harlem, Audobon Ballroom in Manhattan/Harlem, Fantasia in Queens, Le'Chelet In Queens, IS8 in Queens, Brooklyn Armory, Etc, Timmy, I've always felt, That, For myself to pay $15 dollars or more, To get in a spot, The spot, Has to stay open ALL-NIGHT, To the morning lite, My man/LOL .

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barnes View Post
    Timmy, Don't forget the 2-3 dollars that non-members, Would give cats/young ladies, On line outside the Garage(Who were members), To get them in as guests
    Mike, some of us use to get 5-8, even as much as $10 bucks to pay our way in...you would be surprised what folks would pay to get up in that place. Remember a member could bring in 4 guests....members use to get there with nothing in their pockets and end up having admission and beer money....the good days.

Quote Originally Posted by geo View Post
    Only 12"'s.
    You'll have to excuse me. I'm the product of a broken disco.

Quote Originally Posted by geo View Post
    Only 12"'s.
    this might be the funniest thing you have ever posted here...very witty...lol

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FK View Post
    The only factors that limit us from playing whatever we wish to are our own fears.

If we don't try it, how will we ever know it worked?

On the heels of something Lil Ray said

Ray, I never had membership to the Garage(I knew to many cats/young ladies who had membership/LOL), Though, There were those times, When i had to step to cats on-line outside the Garage, To get in the Garage as a guest(Ray, I never payed cats, More than 3

Dollars, Though, I would have given cats up to a certain amount to get in/LOL), Ray, I've heard of cats(Who were members of the Garage), Asking for 10 plus dollars, To get cats into the Garage, My man(Ray, I guest that was extra hustle money to buy cheeb and Bamboo paper, From the cats, Who used to sell cheeb, Behind the two big speakers, By the stage area, My man/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Ray, I've heard of cats(Who were members of the Garage), Asking for 10 plus dollars, To get cats into the Garage, My man(Ray, I guest that was extra hustle money to buy cheeb and Bamboo paper, From the cats, Who used to sell cheeb, Behind the two big speakers, By the stage area, My man/LOL).
    exactly...and purps and all the other pharmaceutical stimulation....hahahaha.

Ray, I never had membership to the Garage(I knew to many cats/young ladies who had membership/LOL), Though, There were those times, When i had to step to cats on-line outside the Garage, To get in the Garage as a guest(Ray, I never payed cats, More than 3

Dollars, Though, I would have given cats up to a certain amount to get in/LOL), Ray, I've heard of cats(Who were members of the Garage), Asking for 10 plus dollars, To get cats into the Garage, My man(Ray, I guest that was extra hustle money to buy cheeb and Bamboo paper, From the cats, Who used to sell cheeb, Behind the two big speakers, By the stage area, My man/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes
    Sex was also a commodity
    so I hear...

Quote Originally Posted by DaBownca View Post
    Sex was also a commodity
    so I hear...
    now you making sh*t up now.

Quote Originally Posted by liL Ray View Post
    now you making sh*t up now.
    Really? I guess it was the drugs that got me laid because i got girls in more than once...we know it wasn't my looks

Quote Originally Posted by DaBownca View Post
    Really? I guess it was the drugs that got me laid because i got girls in more than once...we know it wasn't my looks
    girl: Can you get me in the club
    Chuckie: I need sex to get you in
    girl: when
    Chuckie:"now"
    girl: where
    Chuckie: round the corner in the parking lot
    girl: ok

getdahfuckouttaherewitdahdumbshit....we lived the crazy life back then, but not even you believe this nonsense.