Thread: Giants great Lawrence Taylor arrested in rape case

Giants great Lawrence Taylor arrested in rape case

RAMAPO (WABC) -- Police are investigating a reported rape involving New York Giants Hall-of-Fame linebacker Lawrence Taylor.

The Town of Ramapo Police Department is currently investigating the incident, which occurred early Thursday at the Holidome Hotel in Montebello.

The 51-year-old Taylor, who currently resides in Pembroke Pines, Florida, is under arrest and awaiting formal charges.

Additional information will be released later today at a press conference that is tentatively scheduled for sometime between 2 and 4 p.m. at the Town of Ramapo Town Hall.
    The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Yet another case of an athlete getting him/herself into a pickle. Rape ain't funny. Fake rape charges also are nothing to snicker at. I wish people would learn. Maybe we should have bootay contracts signed by both parties before they're allowed to 'get down'.
    My momma taught me how to talk trash...and my daddy taught me how to back it up!

Quote Originally Posted by panklady View Post
    Maybe we should have bootay contracts signed by both parties before they're allowed to 'get down'.

That's probably what's going to have to start happening, with a list of things that you will and will not do.

Someone once said, "LT was killing Lawrence Taylor!"
    "You can master any situation if you can master yourself."
    --TD Jakes

The Journal News reported that the victim was a runaway from the Bronx who was brought to the Holiday Inn by a pimp, according to Ramapo police supervisor Christopher St. Lawrence. She was treated at a hospital.

“She was a runaway since March and there was a pimp involved,” St. Lawrence told the Journal News. “She got punched in the face".
    The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Island Head View Post
    The Journal News reported that the victim was a runaway from the Bronx who was brought to the Holiday Inn by a pimp, according to Ramapo police supervisor Christopher St. Lawrence. She was treated at a hospital.

“She was a runaway since March and there was a pimp involved,” St. Lawrence told the Journal News. “She got punched in the face".
    I truly don't understand these dudes.....

39 Lincoln Street, Scudder Homes Projects
    He made her put on a Joe Theismann jersey
    If I'm late, it's because I'm still using windows 95. I Love 90's House!!

Web: www.YouTube.com/YoRel

Quote Originally Posted by YoRel View Post
    He made her put on a Joe Theismann jersey
    Sounds like she could've used a helmet and moufgard.....JMJ
    THE DHP KING OF EDITS

JMJ - Off The Deep End - Now on DHP Radio - Friday 3pm-5pm EST - http://dhpradio.com/jmj-off-the-deep-end.html
    Facebook me: facebook.com/kingofedits
    Podomatic me: http://jmjeditking.podomatic.com/
    Soundcloud me: http://soundcloud.com/jmj-edits

2007 & 2010 Deep House Fantasy Football Champion
    2011 & 2012 back-to-back DHP Fantasy Baseball Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DaBownca View Post
    Dang says she was 15
    Slave to the Rhythm

I just saw LT on an addiction special - after years of drug addiction, he finally cleaned himself up for real - for this to happen now seems a little fishy to me, but I guess we should wait and see as the circumstances are revealed. I'm sure there's a lot more to the story that we're not hearing at the moment due to the age of the girl, etc.
    "MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT, BUT NEVER WANT AS LONG AS YOU LIVE. MAY YOU LIVE TO BE 100, & ME 100 BUT MINUS A DAY, SO THAT I'LL KNOW THAT NICE PEOPLE LIKE YOU, HAVE PASSED MY WAY. AND REMEMBER, WHEN FRANKIE CROCKER ISN'T ON YOUR RADIO, YOUR RADIO JUST ISN'T REALLY ON."

Quote Originally Posted by JMNYC View Post
    I just saw LT on an addiction special - after years of drug addiction, he finally cleaned himself up for real - for this to happen now seems a little fishy to me, but I guess we should wait and see as the circumstances are revealed. I'm sure there's a lot more to the story that we're not hearing at the moment due to the age of the girl, etc.

Wer'ds

The story really hasn't even been told yet......JMJ
    THE DHP KING OF EDITS

JMJ - Off The Deep End - Now on DHP Radio - Friday 3pm-5pm EST - http://dhpradio.com/jmj-off-the-deep-end.html

throw the book at him! i always knew that fewl would end up doing something stupid again.

news is still breaking....now the girl is 16 and was punched by her pimp not LT. They also said LT did not know her age...he requested a young girl around 22 year old...

still smarmy....
    I Am Almost Keeping It Real

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    throw the book at him! i always knew that fewl would end up doing something stupid again.
    how did you know?? what EXACTLY gave it away?
    Last edited by liL Ray; 05-06-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liL Ray View Post
    news is still breaking....now the girl is 16 and was punched by her pimp not LT. They also said LT did not know her age...he requested a young girl around 22 year old...

still smarmy....
    THE DHP KING OF EDITS

still smarmy....
    "Mackaroni Tony please.."
    "Yeah,Dis is LT.I wanna a yung ho."

The shits just sad and mad smarmy.This dude is famous,he can get some Becky from Becky just by his name alone.Dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    LT wished he was there to stop the dastardly deed before it was carried out.

LT wished he was there to stop the dastardly deed before it was carried out.
    "LT, why don't you have a seat right over there"
    THE DHP KING OF EDITS

Lawrence Taylor previously spoke of a fondness for callgirls

Lawrence Taylor is accused of raping a teenage girl who police say was brought to him by a pimp outside of New York City on Wednesday night. And the Pro Football Hall of Famer has not shied away from his proclivity for callgirls since his playing days.

In 2004, Taylor told 60 Minutes that opponents once sent callgirls to his hotel room before his Giants played a game in Houston:

"Knock on the door, you open the door, and you got two beautiful women sitting there (saying) 'We're for you!' And I'm like, 'You're in the right place."

A jovial Taylor told 60 Minutes of the women's performance, "They did a pretty good job."

The longtime Giants defender, who was the 1986 NFL MVP, said he then turned the trick around on opponents and sent callgirls to their hotel rooms:

"You know what they like and what type of women they like and you just call the service. What you got?"

Taylor also told 60 Minutes that he once had to call a locksmith to unbind him after he reported for a team meeting in handcuffs. He explained why he had been bound:

"A couple of ladies that were trying out some new equipment they had. You know? And I just happened to, and they just didn't happen to have the key."

-- Sean Leahy
    Hat tip: PFT
    Slave to the Rhythm

SUFFERN, N.Y. -- Pro Football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor was arrested Thursday in connection with the rape of a 16-year-old girl who police said was delivered to his suburban New York City hotel room against her will.

Two weeks ago, Lawrence Taylor was holding court at the NFL draft. Now he's back in court, ESPNNewYork.com's Ian O'Connor writes. Story

Taylor, who has a history of drug abuse and runs-in with the law, will be arraigned later Thursday on rape charges.

Taylor will "probably" be charged with third-degree rape, which is statutory and carries a term of up to four years, Christopher St. Lawrence, police commissioner for Ramapo, said. Taylor also may be charged with solicitation, which is a misdemeanor.

An attorney for Taylor, Kenneth Gribetz, said he was "confident [Taylor's] innocence will be proven."

Another of Taylor's attorneys, Arthur Aidala, said he is "cautiously optimistic" that Taylor will be able to post bail Thursday.

A second man was arrested in the case, New York City police said.

Rasheed Davis, 36, was arrested on charges of unlawful imprisonment, assault and endangering the welfare of a child.

Taylor's Struggles Off The Field

1986: Admits in public statement that he has received help for substance abuse ... enters six-week drug-rehab program in Houston, stays one week.

1988: Given 30-day four-game suspension for second violation of NFL's drug-abuse policy for cocaine use.

1989: Fails breath test when police find him asleep behind the wheel of his Jeep beside the Garden State Parkway in N.J. ... acquitted in Saddle Brook, N.J., of drunken driving charges ... tries to choke a reporter after a Giants practice.

1996: One of 15 arrested in Myrtle Beach, S.C., for allegedly trying to buy $100 worth of crack from undercover police while in town for a celebrity golf tourney. Charges dropped when LT agrees to 60 hours of public service.

1997: Pleaded guilty to filing false 1990 income-tax return and failing to report $48,000 income from the now-defunct LT Sports Club in East Rutherford, N.J.

1998: Arrested in his New Jersey home in a roundup of deadbeat parents. Released after about 10 hours in jail when a friend pays $6,000 in child support and for an outstanding traffic violation ... arrested again, this time in Florida, for allegedly buying $50 in crack from an undercover cop and for possessing drug paraphernalia.

2009: Arrested in Miami for leaving the scene of an accident.

2010: Arrested by Ramapo, N.Y., police, and accused of raping a minor at a hotel in Montebello. -- Source: New York Daily News

Police said Davis drove the girl, who had been staying with him in the Bronx for a few weeks, to the Holiday Inn and told her she had to have sex with Taylor. She said she refused, Taylor sexually assaulted her, then he paid her $300, which she gave to Davis, police said.

Davis "struck the young girl with his fist, kicked her and brought her to the Holiday Inn against her will," NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said.

On the way back from Suffern, the girl sent text messages to her uncle spelling out what had happened, Browne said. The uncle then went to the NYPD, he said.

New York City police alerted Ramapo authorities to what happened. Police then went to Taylor's hotel room and arrested him.

"We're not happy with what took place, but our detectives have made the arrest and processed the scene," St. Lawrence said.

St. Lawrence also said sex with a 16-year-old cannot be consensual in New York state.

The alleged victim was 15 when she ran away from home in the Bronx in March but is 16 now, St. Lawrence said.

Taylor cannot be released on his own recognizance but can post bail, if the judge allows.

Taylor, 51, was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1999 and competed in ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" last year. He had a highly publicized struggle with drug addiction and has had multiple legal issues in retirement.

A quick, fierce and athletic linebacker who redefined his position, Taylor anchored the Giants' defense and led New York to Super Bowls titles in 1987 and 1991. He was selected to the NFL's 75th anniversary All-Time Team.

A 10-time Pro Bowler, he was the NFL Most Valuable Player in 1986 and the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1981, 1982 and 1986. He recorded 132.5 sacks, which doesn't include the 9.5 sacks in 1981, when the statistic wasn't official.

In 2001, Taylor was convicted of possessing drug paraphernalia in New Jersey. The conviction stemmed from the September 1998 discovery in a hotel room of a butane torch and other materials commonly used to smoke crack.

In 1996 and 1997, he was arrested in South Carolina and Florida on drug charges. In those cases, he either admitted his guilt or agreed to enter a pretrial intervention program.

In 2000, he drew five years of federal probation for filing false tax returns and for tax evasion. In November, he was charged in Florida with leaving the scene of an accident.

Information from ESPNNewYork.com's Jane McManus and The Associated Press was used in this report.

OK, so she's 16 now. Happy Birthday!.....JMJ
    THE DHP KING OF EDITS

Sounds like he'll be joining another Giants great Plaxico at Rikers
    Slave to the Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.I View Post
    Sounds like he'll be joining another Giants great Plaxico at Rikers
    Plaxico will be out before this even see the courtroom.

Quote Originally Posted by panklady View Post
    Yet another case of an athlete getting him/herself into a pickle. Rape ain't funny. Fake rape charges also are nothing to snicker at. I wish people would learn. Maybe we should have bootay contracts signed by both parties before they're allowed to 'get down'.

You are so right Rape is no joke,,.....
    Good Things Come To Those Who Wait.

http://cyberjamz.com

3rd degree rape means statutory rape. Whether he asked for a 22yo or not if she is underage it's a crime. I believe the legal age for sexual consent in NY is 17.