Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report on "Greg Wilson. Saturday 20th December - Music is Better".

I know where I am that Saturday! Nice one Martin! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    \"The end of the Earth is upon us pretty soon it will all turn to dust. So get up! Forget the past, go outside, and have a blast.\"

Thanks for showing interest Martin & Nev, sorry I didn't spot this, but I just started a new job, so my access is pretty restricted at the moment. just shout if you are heading up, and there's any questions. It is only 4.00 on the door, and I can guarantee places if you wish (180, absolute max).

I am really looking forward to this as are many others...

Thanks for the mention once again.
    Sit tight and listen keenly, while I play for you another brand new musical biscuit

Really looking forward to this, the legend from Legend so to speak!!!
    I\'M YOUR SOULSHAKA!!

Good luck Greg.

Hope you've all got your lino ready to take along?
    <a href=\"http://www.unheardhousedjs.co.uk/Mixes/JolyonAround.ram\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.unheardhousedjs.co.uk/Mixes/JolyonAround.ram</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.unheardhousedjs.co.uk/Mixes/JolyonWandering.ram\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.unheardhousedjs.co.uk/Mixes/JolyonWandering.ram</a>

Originally posted by Jolyon:
    Good luck Greg.

Hope you've all got your lino ready to take along?
    Looking forward to the night and meeting up with some of you for the first time.

Hi Jolyon: Yeah, I'm well lino'd up! Which roll do you prefer?

I like the Giraffe on myself. ;)
    Sit tight and listen keenly, while I play for you another brand new musical biscuit

more info (if you needed it), and a reminder to PM or email me with secure door place requests.
    city life magazine: http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/en...ory=75563.html
    music is better website: http://www.musicisbetter.co.uk
    electrofunkroots: http://www.electrofunkroots.co.uk

f-f-f-for the first time on this planet (since 1983...)

slay 'em greg!

Will we be OK paying on the door ?

What time ect should we arrive ?

Ta [img]smile.gif[/img]

Who's drivin'?
    \"The end of the Earth is upon us pretty soon it will all turn to dust. So get up! Forget the past, go outside, and have a blast.\"

Martin you should be fine to pay in, I will stick both you & Nev M plus one on the guaranteed entry list @ 4.00

any queries email
    Danny@materecordings.com

thanks

D

Musicaly satisfied. That's rare these days. Martin Red musicaly satisfied aswell that's even more rare!

A few people from Birmingham need to go,and have a listen to Greg then come home, take a look in the mirror, and say "what am I doing?"

I for one would would like to be hearing more of Greg. Most of the kids I'm hearing in Birmingham were still playing with Transformers while Greg was already tight as hell so don't bother trying to catch up it ain't ever gonna happen!

Such a nice vibe in the Attic too. Nice one Danny you sent three people home very happy last night. I would have driven to John O' Groats to hear that! Keep it up.

The next opportunity to go, and see Greg spin is February. It should be sooner. Much sooner. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]hail.gif[/img]

[ December 22, 2003, 04:21 AM: Message edited by: nev m ]

excellent...

i'll deffo be seeing Greg in Feb

cheers

rob

Thanks for the kind words Nev, it was a pleasure to meet you, Martin & Erykah (PM me an address please folks, so I can send some CD's). Sorry we caught up so late, next time I'll make room for a pint & a chat.

Major thanks to Solid State who did a warm up fit for a king, great discoid vibes aplenty, (looking forward to next year already)

As for Greg, I have been struggling to sum it up, but I was completely blown away, I am sure this year he will be making many an appearance, but my advice is go and see him, book him for your club.

Thanks very much, hopefully we can share a bill again.

I will be sharing news of our plans for 04 very soon, of course I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the CD's Martin, will check em over the festive period.

[ December 21, 2003, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: danny webb ]

I will try to give a fuller report once the pieces start to reform in my head. At the moment there is a 2hr re-edit whirling round [img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

I'm always down for the "WOW" factor.

Needless to say, I was up for going to Manchester because I've never been to Manchester. Plus, I'm Nev's shadow, thus he rolls, I roll. I like new experiences.

However, I have to say that I was IMPRESSED beyond any expectations I'd set for Saturday night.

The venue was mad cozy. The door people weren't fussy. The clientelle had their own individual thang(s) going on and it worked. No one was moody or acting shady. It was a pure positive vibe... from back in the day when a party was purely a party.

Then the "piece of resistence" was the MUSIC.

Greg Wilson, you do what you do so very well. I cannot believe its been over a decade... Personally, thank you for MAKING ME DANCE! I don't think even if I tried, that I could've been up in the Attic the entire night without moving my body. That's what a party is all about, feeling the vibe and moving your body.

The record selection was superb. I appreciated you having such an ecletic and brilliant set. That was the first time that I've been in England that I was actually challenged by the music. I left the attic wanting to be a better dancer and a better DJ.

I hope to see on the decks real soon!

Kudos G Wilson!

Originally posted by danny webb:
    Thanks for the kind words Nev, it was a pleasure to meet you, Martin & Erykah ....
    Efab aka Erica here - it was a pleasure to meet you as well and attend your function.

For my first time partying in Manchester, it was right on time.

Take care and happy holidays,
    Efab

Got the details of where we where going and we went, arrived Manchester abd found the club without too much hassle, it's central Manchester and even though I haven't been to Manchester for a while we found it OK, up the spiral staircase to the clubs lofty height, Attic is a good name for the venue even though when your up you feel kinda like your underground also, weird ;)

Walked in and my neck was snapped back with Dexter-ish modern Electro sounds - likey likey.

Then came Greg ... he played a blinder, covered so many areas and kept the floor interested, Metro Area and other newer house stuff I didn't know, Electro, his own re-edits, Funk, disco in a loveley peaks and valleys kinda way. Props to greg, Proper Bo I tell thee.

And in true British tradition

Had a kebab and went on the journey home, making sure Nev kept his eyes on the road

More applause , then more applause.

P.S: Music in Nevs car for the journey kept us in the mood : a two hour (120min) tape

1 hour of Greg Wilson circa 1983
    1 hour of Ron Hardy circa 1983

(both from DHP) [img]graemlins/OLA.gif[/img]

Oooh, nice to see that guy doing the popping old school I tell ya, guy was straight up popping like back in the day

[img]graemlins/OLA.gif[/img]

Pleasure meeting Danny, keep up the very good work up their.

Just as Arnie said, "i'll be back" [img]smile.gif[/img]

Some great versions of Human League tracks, my memory is coming back

[img]graemlins/alc.gif[/img]