Thread: a fine whine - michael moore

a fine whine - michael moore

September 28th, 2010 12:37 PM
    A Fine Whine
    By Michael Moore

BIDEN: (sniffling) What's the matter with our base? Why don't liberals like us any more!

OBAMA: They like us still... but they're mean to us!

BIDEN: And we're the opposite of mean! Like, we're so nice to the Republicans -- we don't even make them have to do a real filibuster and look all stupid trying to stop bills that do good things for kids and old people!

OBAMA: Bipartisanship, Joe, that was our plan.

BIDEN: And even when not one single Republican would join with us, we still watered down every single one of our bills so they wouldn't be upset with us!

OBAMA: We hate people being mad at us!

BIDEN: The Republicans didn't want a health care bill, so we made sure most of it wouldnít go into effect until 2014!

OBAMA: I thought our liberal base was all about peace, love and understanding! So I held out the olive branch to Republicans when they were mad because I was going to spend stimulus money on creating jobs. So we made sure we created as few jobs as possible! We're nice to the other side!

BIDEN: Sooooo nice that we've created American jobs -- in Afghanistan!

OBAMA: I've tripled the number of troops in Afghanistan!

BIDEN: You've expanded the war in ways George Bush couldn't!

OBAMA: AND -- who can name a president that's ever been able to start a new war without losing a single American life!

BIDEN: Yeah! How come liberals donít like our drone war? The left says they don't like war, so we use drones to bomb and fire missiles into Pakistan every week -- and not a single American soldier dies! The base should love that!

OBAMA: That's right! We just push a button in Nevada and kill dozens of people...

BIDEN: ...And still have time to take the wife and kids to Applebees! So quit your whining, Dems!

OBAMA: Here's another thing: The base complained that the Republicans were locking up millions of our citizens in our prisons. So we come in and decide not to arrest anyone on Wall Street -- and suddenly liberals are all "tough on crime!"

BIDEN: Exactly! We can't blame individual Wall Street criminals. It's society's fault, man! (BIDEN gives an awkward black power salute.)

OBAMA: The same thing goes for the way we didn't prosecute torturers! I thought it was CONSERVATIVES who were all boring and stodgy and about following the "law."

BIDEN: Shouldn't liberals like that we got creative and tore up the rulebook?

OBAMA: Itís so unfair! I donít like it!

BIDEN: Me neither!

OBAMA: It hurts my feelings!

BIDEN: Mine, too!

OBAMA: Well, we'll show them! Let's let the Bush tax cuts expire!

BIDEN: Yeah, that'll show 'em! (pause) Hey, wait -- doesn't that mean that our middle class base will start paying more taxes?

OBAMA: I don't know! I don't care! I'm sick of not being appreciated. It's bad enough not one Republican will play with me! Now my Dem friends don't even wanna mention my name. And I'm a nice guy!

BIDEN: Yes you are! You're a great guy! It's all those voters who are the meanies! Meanies! Well, they'll get what they deserve in November!

OBAMA: Yeah. Um. Joe... Do you think after we lose in November we'll regret not doing more for the majority who elected us two years ago?

BIDEN: No! We'll just blame the left! "It's not our fault! It's not our fault! It's the whiny left who can never be satisfied!"

OBAMA: But then do you think these whiners might do to us in 2012 what they did in (gulp) 2000?

BIDEN: (silence)

OBAMA: (silence)

BIDEN & OBAMA: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

since when do voters have to kiss politicians asses? i think you got it twisted mr. president.

If he was as tuff and mouthy with the Repubs and the fucked up Dems as he is with his base we might not be in this pickle.
    F.O.N.O- The Sag Party
    Dec 3 @ The Paradox 1310 Russell Str.
    Wayne Davis and Mark Mendoza
    Hosted by Moo.

Quote Originally Posted by KBig View Post
    If he was as tuff and mouthy with the Repubs and the fucked up Dems as he is with his base we might not be in this pickle.
    moo gatdammit!

that's all i want. a little lip service. some dog whistle shit. let me know you got my back. that you're doing the best you can. he won't even do that which is why i now take him at his word and actions.

he's a conservative tool of the financial elite.

Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    moo gatdammit!

that's all i want. a little lip service. some dog whistle shit. let me know you got my back. that you're doing the best you can. he won't even do that which is why i now take him at his word and actions.

he's a conservative tool of the financial elite.
    well for moo it not the "lip service intent" its more about being an azz kicker and not taking any bs NOW that he KNOWS what the Rethugs are about ... no bipartisanship at all.

His base has a valid platform to be dissatisfied about. Even if he feels that way ... just isnt smart to insult his base when he NEEDS us.

Please tell me why POTUS is LETTING the Dems NOT get the middle class tax cut bill DONE? I wanna hear him say to Congress ...

GETCHORE azz back in session and get the shyt done! .... not stop bashing the people (progressives and indie's) who elected him.

I refuse to be my own worst enemy and I am going to vote Dem. But POTUS needs to reckonize my authorotaiiiiiiiiii lol.

seriously though:
    I hope this makes its way back to POTUS (Ahem AK)

Our country's present condition is so EXTREME (and it is) on almost every level... Financially, Economically, Socially, Physically (fat fucking lazy Americans), Spiritually, Internationally, Militarily, and Intellectually that it boggles the mind that HE is trying to apply MODERATE tactics, and MODERATE solutions that don't begin to balance out the extremity.

He has GOT to apply an extreme progressive measure somewhere to achieve a safe balance... if not we are ALL going off this fucking cliff

example: People are dying from the healthcare industry crisis .. DYING but you dont fight for the Public Option that you campaigned on for the sake of bipartisanship.... DYING vs We can get the PubOp another go round???

People lost their savings and 401k's cuz of the greed on Wallstreet and the financial sector's practices .... and you WAIT a YEAR to appt Elizabeth Warren.

Where is the immediacy that POTUS spoke of... I see moderate actions (and Im not saying they are bad, wrong, or inappropriate) Im saying ...

Rome is burning and POTUS keeps bringing a bucket of water....
    Last edited by KBig; 09-28-2010 at 05:12 PM.
    F.O.N.O- The Sag Party
    Hosted by Moo.

imo....

and the Obama Wars' book kinda proves this...

I do believe he WANTS to make broad moves, but I really believe his handlers (specially Axelrod) misguide him into thinking moderacy is applicable in all matters.
    F.O.N.O- The Sag Party
    Hosted by Moo.

imo....

and the Obama Wars' book kinda proves this...

I do believe he WANTS to make broad moves, but I really believe his handlers (specially Axelrod) misguide him into thinking moderacy is applicable in all matters.
    I would take what Bob Woodard says with a grain of salt.I refer you to his lovefest with bush in the run up to the Iraq debacle
    "On the sixth day, God created man. On the seventh day, man returned the favor."
    http://www.house-mixes.com/profile/djchefron

[QUOTE=travy;1427547]

BIDEN: And we're the opposite of mean! Like, we're so nice to the Republicans -- we don't even make them have to do a real filibuster and look all stupid trying to stop bills that do good things for kids and old people![QUOTE]

This is the problem I have with the Dems. Gutless.

Quote Originally Posted by dj-chefron View Post
    I would take what Bob Woodard says with a grain of salt.I refer you to his lovefest with bush in the run up to the Iraq debacle
    Im moreso interested about that part that POTUS really wanted an exit strategy and the Military Brass wouldnt give him one.

for example...

I believe the progressive initiative is there.... but middle of the road tactics is not what is WORKING across the board.
    F.O.N.O- The Sag Party
    Hosted by Moo.

I have come to believe that the Dems are not spineless ...

its about self preservation.... the Congress has forgotten that their concern is to do the work of the people... not save their job for life and retire from the Congress. We definitely need term limits in the Congress.

They dont even do what we tell them we WANT DONE...
    F.O.N.O- The Sag Party
    Hosted by Moo.

its about self preservation.....
    This is the textbook definition of spineless for a politician, IMO.

Stop thinking that Obama (or the Dems) has a choice in this. That is so naive. He is doing the best under the circumstances. I don't have a problem with his actions as a President. My big problem with him is his lies on the campaign trail. For me there is nothing worse than giving people false hope!

I mean it's nice that AK gives us the occasional White house insider reports, but besides that, nothing would be different if Hillary was in there. B.O was on an ego-trip to get to be President......it was all about him....not us....and we were the suckers who bought into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Querck View Post
    Stop thinking that Obama (or the Dems) has a choice in this. That is so naive. He is doing the best under the circumstances. I don't have a problem with his actions as a President. My big problem with him is his lies on the campaign trail. For me there is nothing worse than giving people false hope!

I mean it's nice that AK gives us the occasional White house insider reports, but besides that, nothing would be different if Hillary was in there. B.O was on an ego-trip to get to be President......it was all about him....not us....and we were the suckers who bought into it.
    Wow!

Bingo!!!

its about self preservation.... the Congress has forgotten that their concern is to do the work of the people... not save their job for life and retire from the Congress. We definitely need term limits in the Congress.

They dont even do what we tell them we WANT DONE...
    OLD HOUSE CHANNEL:
    the website:
    the station:
    the podcast:
    on Facebook:
    on Twitter:
    and..check out the MIXWELL METHOD-Saturdays @ 11pm on global1fm

Love Michael Moore and he's humorous here as always. There's no percentage in me trying to defend the Potus on all of these issues and it ain't my job, so I won't waste my time. However, if anyone is interested in what he actually has to say, thinks or feels about many of these issues, the decisions he's made and the actions he's taken, I commend this article to you: http://www.deephousepage.com//forums...d.php?t=223093

I realize it's a long read.

Quote Originally Posted by Querck View Post

uuuuuum, correct me if im wrong but int he end Obama IS a politician