Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 170

Thread: what to do if your husband/wife/partner cheats on you ?

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,503
    Depends on the situation, but I'd probably forgive him. Besides, monogamy is for lesbians.
    You'll have to excuse me. I'm the product of a broken disco.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA by way of Detroit
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ11 View Post
    so how could i find out if it has been more than what it appears ?
    Better question is do you REALLY want to know
    So what are you gonna do now?

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    8,625
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ11 View Post
    i know the person.
    Friend, Family, Co-worker, Boss or Cellmate?

    Idance

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Newyork City
    Posts
    15,106
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ11 View Post
    yes , i know the person.
    So how will your relationship with this person be now?
    As I proceed to civilize the uncivilized
    Word to wisdom from the groove to the wise
    I guess im the verbalizer for the fact im moving blackwards
    This asiatic blackman is a dog spelled backwards





    Brand Nubian dropping science.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Devant View Post
    what makes you so sure they were honest for ten years?
    i guess no one can ever be totally sure. it does make me wonder.
    if it did happen more than once, i wonder how i could find out ?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    8,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis Hyman Cherry View Post
    So how will your relationship with this person be now?
    Probably



    Idance

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    24,789
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieW8 View Post
    Depends on the situation, but I'd probably forgive him. Besides, monogamy is for lesbians.
    ha, funny, lesbians i've known are commitment strong and often want a freaking wife on lockdown .. what is up with that?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by the crackhouse View Post
    Friend, Family, Co-worker, Boss or Cellmate?

    Idance
    distant friend, if you can call that friend.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    4,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Devant View Post
    what makes you so sure they were honest for ten years?
    I already asked that on pg.1 lol

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    8,625
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ11 View Post
    i guess no one can ever be totally sure. it does make me wonder.
    if it did happen more than once, i wonder how i could find out ?
    If she wants to stay with you and told you right away, I wouldn't try to know about previous cheating.
    Let her talk for a while and see if she has some secrets to share. And if she shares, it means she doesn't want to fuck up everything.

    Are you rich?
    (just teasing you)

    Idance

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    spread love is the Brooklyn way
    Posts
    21,372
    cheating does not have to be the end of the world

    it's all about what you can personally live with

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMixer View Post
    Better question is do you REALLY want to know
    if it is someone i am considering staying with, i do.
    i do not want to be in a relationship with a chronic two faced liar.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    8,625
    Quote Originally Posted by D J 1 3 8 View Post
    cheating does not have to be the end of the world

    it's all about what you can personally live with
    Absolutly, and thank you for this golden shower last time in Slovenia!

    138 is right, ego has to be sometime put down to zero. Flesh is not the same as a 5 years relationship in your back.

    There's a french song which goes like "I hope she left me for another man, not be because of me."

    That's how short this should be.

    Idance

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,096
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ11 View Post
    distant friend, if you can call that friend.
    If you want to move forward you need to drop wanting to know more about the past.

    Curiosity killed the cat (or in this case the pu$$y)

    Ask her why she cheated and understand how you are going to move forward together (if you are and even if you can).

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA by way of Detroit
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ11 View Post
    if it is someone i am considering staying with, i do.
    i do not want to be in a relationship with a chronic two faced liar.
    You may want to ask yourself more questions before coming to this conclusion
    So what are you gonna do now?

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by the crackhouse View Post
    If she wants to stay with you and told you right away, I wouldn't try to know about previous cheating.
    Let her talk for a while and see if she has some secrets to share. And if she shares, it means she doesn't want to fuck up everything.

    Are you rich?
    (just teasing you)

    Idance
    found another (hidden) cell phone, and what was in it. with the cell phone in hand and showing it to her, she then came with all the info, admitting to it all..
    so , after i found what i did, she told me,
    but, this is atleast 6 months after the fact, so it has been something she has been sitting with for about 6 months, and the cheating happened 6 months ago.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    11,867
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieW8 View Post
    Depends on the situation, but I'd probably forgive him. Besides, monogamy is for lesbians.
    Whoot!
    Fly Franklin Females.
    Forever.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    El ay, Caleh for nigh ay
    Posts
    9,661
    Quote Originally Posted by D J 1 3 8 View Post
    cheating does not have to be the end of the world

    it's all about what you can personally live with
    A. Do I feel cheated?

    B. Did I feel cheated in some respect prior to discovering her affair?

    C. Where does sexual exclusivity fall within my values?

    D. Where does sexual exclusivity fall within the dynamic of our relationship?

    E. How were you treated by her, regarded by her and valued by her throughout the relationship?

    Look: if she took something you both once shared away from you or if she stopped sharing something with you in order to share it with someone else, her decision was made long before you think you have a decision of your own. If she found herself charmed to attraction with someone else and they came together momentarily, then it is something she did away from you that doesn't actually involve you. Discuss it, but with the understanding that it is her individual experience, not your experience together.

    If you both agreed to sexual exclusivity - not just assumed it because of social dynamics and the theater of wedding vows - but actually sat down and decided that your relationship would depend upon and thrive upon sexual exclusivity, then you have to decide ON YOUR OWN what the breech of that means for you AS AN INDIVIDUAL.

    If you're going to stay together throughout the fallout and make a go at sticking together, know this: You have to do whatever you have to do to ensure you're not dealing with the torture of fear. If every time she's late or somewhere else, you're suffering through morbid fantasies of her cheating again, you will know the kind of pain that clouds your sense of logic and reason. You want to avoid this pain at all costs. You don't have to accept that suffering. There are other ways to endure after this.

    Whatever you have to do - perhaps forgiveness and reconciliation, abandonment and moving on, some combination of the two or an end to the illusion of sexual exclusivity for both sides - do it. Nothing is worth suffering.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    8,625
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ11 View Post
    found another (hidden) cell phone, and what was in it. with the cell phone in hand and showing it to her, she then came with all the info, admitting to it all..
    so , after i found what i did, she told me,
    but, this is atleast 6 months after the fact, so it has been something she has been sitting with for about 6 months, and the cheating happened 6 months ago.
    Well, if I had cheated once and my wife didn't know it, I wouldn't tell her for the sake of being upright.

    So, what do you plan to do now?

    Idance

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    El ay, Caleh for nigh ay
    Posts
    9,661
    Quote Originally Posted by the crackhouse View Post
    There's a french song which goes like "I hope she left me for another man, not be because of me."

    That's how short this should be.

    Idance
    This is beautiful.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    El ay, Caleh for nigh ay
    Posts
    9,661
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ11 View Post
    found another (hidden) cell phone, and what was in it. with the cell phone in hand and showing it to her, she then came with all the info, admitting to it all..
    so , after i found what i did, she told me,
    but, this is atleast 6 months after the fact, so it has been something she has been sitting with for about 6 months, and the cheating happened 6 months ago.
    Came clean when confronted and seems to have suffered herself.

    The answer to your question lies in your honest reflection on the past 6 months - what has your relationship been in that space and time?

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by D J 1 3 8 View Post
    cheating does not have to be the end of the world

    it's all about what you can personally live with
    i do not want to be in a relationship where there is on going cheating.
    i want to be in a relationship with an honest , faithful person.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    18,908
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ11 View Post
    found another (hidden) cell phone, and what was in it. with the cell phone in hand and showing it to her, she then came with all the info, admitting to it all..
    so , after i found what i did, she told me,
    but, this is atleast 6 months after the fact, so it has been something she has been sitting with for about 6 months, and the cheating happened 6 months ago.
    Wow. Sorry you're going through this. When you say you found this hidden phone, did you find it by accident or was there other indications that something wasn't right in the relationship?
    (\_/) "Recognizeth an attention
    (O.-)whore when thou doth sees
    (___) it, and then ignoreth its ass" - SuzanneT 1:1

    "Change happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go." — Spencer Johnson

    "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”– Angela Monet

    "There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't" -unknown

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    8,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel, Grand Duke of Stony Island View Post
    This is beautiful.
    If google translator is your friend, try to feed him with the original lyrics:

    Dītes le moi
    dītes-moi mais
    qu'elle est partie pour un autre que moi
    mais pas ą cause de moi
    dītes-moi ēa
    dītes-moi ēa


    Great song.

    Idance

    ps: ok, google sucks, so it goes more like:

    Say it to me
    Give me story, but (tell me)
    that she left for another guy
    and not because of me
    tell that to me (and nothing else)

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    El ay, Caleh for nigh ay
    Posts
    9,661
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ11 View Post
    i do not want to be in a relationship where there is on going cheating.
    i want to be in a relationship with an honest , faithful person.
    Keeping it from you and coming clean when confronted isn't faithful?

    She shared her sex with someone else - ok. She shared the truth with YOU.

    I'll tell you what I told my daughter and son in law after a big argument they had just before Xmas:

    The good times may not always tell you you're with the right person, but the bad times never reveal you're with the wrong person.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •