Thread: Thorens turntables

Montreal-Canada via The Hague, Netherlands

Thorens turntables

I found many second-hand Thorens turntables in my neck of the woods and I'd like to buy one just for playing music at home. Most of the ones I've seen are Thorens 155, 160, 165, 166. Some say MKII.

To those who know, any recommendations? What should I look out for? And are there any models I should stay away from? Or are all the above listed models ok?

Thanks!
    Alex
    You don't even like this song
    You just dig the hook
    You freaky Muth* f*cka

Look out for the 125 m2

Quote Originally Posted by DJ76 View Post
    I found many second-hand Thorens turntables in my neck of the woods and I'd like to buy one just for playing music at home. Most of the ones I've seen are Thorens 155, 160, 165, 166. Some say MKII.

To those who know, any recommendations? What should I look out for? And are there any models I should stay away from? Or are all the above listed models ok?

Thanks!
    Alex
    hey alex. i have the td 166. a fine turntable. you can't go wrong with any of those really. not sure of the differences between those particular units u listed. i suppose pick the cleanest one out of the bunch. no pitch on the 166. i use it for my vinyl transfers.
    "We're not just dancing to have fun-we're dancing for survival. We're dancing to save our lives." PTT

Montreal-Canada via The Hague, Netherlands
    Thanks for the tips guys.
    Alex
    You don't even like this song
    You just dig the hook
    You freaky Muth* f*cka