Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's for lunch today?

Seeing that food post on the front page is making me HUNGRY!! So .. what's in your lunch bag today? I have to very plain bologna sandwiches and a banana :( Aaah, well .. it will have to do.

magic_juan
    "There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people."

I brought some butternut squash ravioli that I made last night. Eating a banana right now. What up Juan!

Ham sammich and chips. [img]graemlins/sleep2.gif[/img]

ChiJAM
    \"All of the animals except man know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it.\"<br /><br />Samuel Butler

BANDEJA PAISA!!!!!!!
    www.nycbjj.com
    www.renzogracie.com
    “Jiu-Jitsu is the triumph of human intelligence over brute strength.” Grandmaster Helio Gracie
    http://www.graciemag.com/pt/wp-conte...-vale-tudo.jpg

Taco Smell has the new Spicy Chicken Enchilada. $1.49 Three should do the trick.

Originally posted by upliftdisco365:
    Taco Smell has the new Spicy Chicken Enchilada. $1.49 Three should do the trick.
    You eat a lot of Taco Hell, don't you?

Originally posted by Albert Diaz:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by upliftdisco365:
    You eat a lot of Taco Hell, don't you? </font>[/QUOTE]I know the deally.John hooks up the manager with cd's,in exchange for food. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

After seeing all that Latino food, I'm definitely gonna go to Tacos Mexico and load up on four tacos al pastor, two tacos de asada, and two de carnitas with a big, fat horchata to wash it down. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Albert Diaz:
    After seeing all that Latino food, I'm definitely gonna go to Tacos Mexico and load up on four tacos al pastor, two tacos de asada, and two de carnitas with a big, fat horchata to wash it down. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    What's the differance between those tacos?

pollo tropical - 1/2 chicken value meal 4.99 usd

With all the posts about Latino cuisine, I had to break down and get a cuban sammich [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    (\_/) "Recognizeth an attention
    (O.-)whore when thou doth sees
    (___) it, and then ignoreth its ass" - SuzanneT 1:1

"Change happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go." — Spencer Johnson

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”– Angela Monet

"There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't" -unknown

Originally posted by JAMIE 3:26:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Albert Diaz:
    What's the differance between those tacos? </font>[/QUOTE]tacos al pastor = marinated pork meat with cilantro, onions and salsa.
    tacos de carnitas = little pieces or shredded pieces of roasted pork meat with cilantro, onions and salsa.
    tacos de asada = marinated beef meat (very tender and very yummy! [img]biggrinangel.gif[/img] )with cilantro, onions, and salsa.

Fed ex me a few of em....tacos de asada = marinated beef meat (very tender and very yummy! )with cilantro, onions, and salsa

Dang .. I forgot about horchata. I LOVE THAT SH*T!! Also, agua de tamarindo and agua de jamaica. Hmmmm .....

magic_juan

Fed ex me a few of em....tacos de asada = marinated beef meat (very tender and very yummy! )with cilantro, onions, and salsa
    They've gotta have some good, fast-food taco joints in Chi. Do you guys have a Tacos Mexico? If not, look for any joint that has the word "taqueria" in it and chances are that it should be good.

[ September 29, 2003, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Albert Diaz ]

Originally posted by Magic Juan:
    Dang .. I forgot about horchata. I LOVE THAT SH*T!! Also, agua de tamarindo and agua de jamaica. Hmmmm .....

magic_juan
    Tamarindo is good, but agua de GUAYABA is the mutha fuggen bomb. Agua de sandia and melon is pretty yummy too. Got dammit!! This is making me hungry and thirsty. I'm out.

[ September 29, 2003, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Albert Diaz ]

We've got TONS of awesome Mexican places in the Chi. Just go to Pilsen or Little Village. J, if you are ever over here just give me a holler and we will go vinyl 'n' burrito hunting. I'll hook you up ....

magic_juan

P.S. Offhand, Los Comales has THE BOMB steak burritos.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Albert Diaz:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by upliftdisco365:
    You eat a lot of Taco Hell, don't you? </font>[/QUOTE]I know the deally.John hooks up the manager with cd's,in exchange for food. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Hey, it's dirt, cheap spicy meat. Now there's your killer slogan. I wish they did take music, bro. I'd be there even more.

I know Taco Bell is simply the corporate bastardization of real mexican food. You guys out west got it good. REAL good. Out here, we gotta take what we can get, man.

Originally posted by Magic Juan:
    We've got TONS of awesome Mexican places in the Chi. Just go to Pilsen or Little Village. J, if you are ever over here just give me a holler and we will go vinyl 'n' burrito hunting. I'll hook you up ....

magic_juan

P.S. Offhand, Los Comales has THE BOMB steak burritos.
    MJ,I was being funn.Hell,I got mexican homies.I know where to go to get the deal if I want it.Now,tell me a good burrito place.I like that spot on Ashland down from DustyGroove.

I've been there and they are pretty good. The burrito place that I go to is Los Comales (1544 W 18th St). Just take Ashland south until you get to 18th st and it is right there on the left hand side (next to the alley ... yes, save the jokes). Very good food and decent prices. I think they have expanded the franchise as I have seen other joints pop up near Ford City on Cicero. The original Comales was on 26th street, if I am not mistaken.

magic_juan

A protein shake and a salad.
    <a href=\"http://www.alphabetcitydesign.com\" target=\"_blank\">alphabet city design + marketing</a>

Guinness and a chocolate chip cookie. Need a little buzz for this trip back to Chicago

[ September 29, 2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Germain ]

Hale and Hearty broccolli and cheddar soup w/ half of a tomato basil and mozzarella sandwich...

and for dessert Chocolate Doughnut w/ lots of sprinkles...

mmmmmm...

I brought in some leftover Jerk Chicken that I grilled last night. D-lish!! [img]graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img]

Anyone get any fried mouse from Popeye's? [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

some turkey chilli with wheat spaghetti did da trick....
    DJ Rated M live in the mix every Wednesday
    6-8 pm est
    11 pm - 1 am gmt

http://67.225.205.170/Essential/radio.html