Thread: Akufen

Do you guys and girls like Akufen???

I'm really getting into the sounds this guy are producing. House production at a different level.

I'm interested to hear your views, especially the different thoughts between Euro/US people.

Care to share.

Supine.

AKUFEN IS SICK!!! I wouldn't quite call him house though.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Myspace.com/sithculture

I know there were people on the board who were feeling "Deck The House."
    "To know and to act are one and the same" –Samurai maxim

some of his stuff is cool

a lot of it seems like it's more intended to be looked at than felt though, if that makes any sense

I've been saying this on the board several times now: Akufen is off the hook!!!

The reason why he doesn't get the props in the deep house scene in the U.S. is because his stuff is very Detroitish (as in techno), but it definitely bridges house and techno. Plus, I think many people have not accepted the genius of "microhouse". It sounds too strange with all those micro samples going off in a fury, but damn, that ish is FUNKY! Although not all Akufen productions are "microhouse"--some are fairly conventional.

Deck the House is dope. My Way is also amazing. His last release "Horrorama" was SICK--I slept on it for 2 weeks and now I can't find it anywhere.

Yeah Fred Gianelli let me hear a remix he did for Akufen and I was like That stuff isn't house in the sense of how house is percieved on this board. But I love all that glitch futuristic sounding stuff. I don't know if much people here listen to Marcus Nikolai, Panty-Tec, Ricardo Villalobos, or any of the other people who do experimental stuff which is more Technoey but also housey because of it's chunkeyness but check out labels like Perlon. Those German guys are snappin.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Myspace.com/sithculture

I didn't know what to think of Akufen at first. I like what he did with, or to Craig David.
    Member # 37.

I like Akufen's sound.

afuken stuff is quality [img]graemlins/respekt.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"http://www.flatandround.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.flatandround.com</a> | <a href=\"http://www.undergroundhouse.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.undergroundhouse.net</a> | <a href=\"http://www.junkroyale.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.junkroyale.com</a>