Thread: Hard to believe it's been 16 years!

Cool Hard to believe it's been 16 years!

16 years ago today I had the world by the genetalia. With the help of family and friends, I was recovering from the death of my mother. I had a great job and was well appreciated. I knew mama would want me to smile so I smiled often. My brother was sick, but I'd been to the hospital the day before and he seemed t be recovering and in good hands. About 3 in the afternoon I received a frantic call from my sister. Tee was in cardiac arrest...again. Rush to the hospital and see to him. When I arrived at the hospital, my cousin met me in the lobby. Pathetically, I didn't even recognize her until she approached me. How could see have gotten there so fast? How could she have known. When she said her mother was with Tee, I expected the worst. My aunt was a brilliant take-no-prisoners nurse. She'd been by my mother's side when my father died. She's the one who got the straight story from the very evasive medical staff. She's the one who told me I was minutes too late.

Now, lest you think this is a tragic story, let me assure you it is not. People die. It's a part of the cycle of life. But I can tell you that since that day, we the downstair tenant of heaven can only imagine the party going on up there with Tee, and Larry, and all the rest. Sylvester taking the stage and now Michael adding a uniqueness of his own.

I miss you, my brother, but I know you are in God's hands and you left a legacy that will never be forgotten.

Tee Scott will always live in the hearts of those he touched with his sounds and spirit....

Great post Wild i...
    I Am Almost Keeping It Real

Wild-I, Tee Scott's impact and contributions to the Dance music circuit of the 70's and 80's will always bring a very big smile to my face(Though, I never met Tee Scott before, Money touched so many cats with his music via rockin in a spot or Tee Scott's many productions and remixes going back to 1979 with, 'Love Thang', By First Choice, Wild-I i have stated more than a few times on this board that Zanzibar was not the same for me after Tee Scott stepped on New Years night of 1985

(Tee Scott was supposed to mix New year's night of 1985, But, Tee Scott did not show up for reasons that i'm still trying to findout to this very day/LOL), Wild-I, No dis-respect to Tony Humphries(Who i have the utmost of respect for), But, Musically Zanzibar was not the same for me when Tee Scott stepped in 1985(Just like When Tee Scott stepped from Better Days in 1981, No dis-respect to Timmy Regisford and Bruce Forest, But, Better Days was not the same musically after Tee Scott

Stepped from there too), Wild-I Tee Scott's reputation brought mad cats from New York to Zanzibar in 1981(Much respect to Francios for rockin at Zanzibar on Friday nites in 1981 too), Wild-I Tee Scott was the reason why i musically evolved from the hiphop movement to the Dance music movement in 1976(Via listening to Tee Scott mixing on BLS on Friday and Saturday nites), Wild-I, The first time i seen Tee Scott mix live was at Better days in 1978 and i most definitely knew at that point

In my life, I was evolving away from the hiphop circuit to the dance music circuit mad lovely/LOL, Wild-I, If i can ever find a tape featuring, Tee Scott mixing on Kiss-FM in 1986(Chuck Leonard's introduction gave Tee Scott the utmost of respect right before Tee Scott started to rock in Kiss-Fm), Wild-I, If i can come across that tape of Tee Scott mixing on Kiss-Fm in 1986, I will submit the tape to this board, Because, Tee Scott was rockin mad lovely with his on Kiss-Fm/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Great post and much respect, Wild i. Know that Tee touched us here in Chicago as well. When I think of him, this beautiful remix always comes to mind:

R.I.P. Tee Scott.

This one is an all time fav for every young adult in Chicago who partied at The Bitter End & Sauers.

Okay, I ain't no DJ, but I just pressed play on all three of these posts and got a wicked mix! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Wild i View Post
    Okay, I ain't no DJ, but I just pressed play on all three of these posts and got a wicked mix! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LEONARD REMIX RROY View Post
    R.I.P. Tee Scott.

This one is an all time fav for every young adult in Chicago who partied at The Bitter End & Sauers.

Pure dopeness

Thanks to all of you for the memories

RIP Tee
    As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

We miss you Wild I.
    The House of Soul - Sammy Rock and Dj Housecat Podcast Page
    http://souloasis.cyberjamz.com/
    Twitter http://bit.ly/5Yfzle
    FB - Cyberjamz Fan Pagehttp://bit.ly/4z3wni
    Cyberjamz Radio Show every Monday from 9am - 2pm est
    http://cyberjamz.com

Quote Originally Posted by sammyrock View Post
    We miss you Wild I.
    Amen to that!

RIP Tee Scott ... BEYOND influential - a true PIONEER
    "MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT, BUT NEVER WANT AS LONG AS YOU LIVE. MAY YOU LIVE TO BE 100, & ME 100 BUT MINUS A DAY, SO THAT I'LL KNOW THAT NICE PEOPLE LIKE YOU, HAVE PASSED MY WAY. AND REMEMBER, WHEN FRANKIE CROCKER ISN'T ON YOUR RADIO, YOUR RADIO JUST ISN'T REALLY ON."

Long Live Tee

I Am Almost Keeping It Real

Quote Originally Posted by AK View Post
    Great post and much respect, Wild i. Know that Tee touched us here in Chicago as well. When I think of him, this beautiful remix always comes to mind:

Very nice post, Wild i. Anyone who knows me knows that this and "Help Is On The Way" (The Whatnauts) are huge favorites of mine. Long live Tee's mastery.