Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mother ambassador of house music mother diva

Quote Originally Posted by DaBownca View Post
    don't have to imagine it I'm living it
    Oh, we know.....JMJ
    THE DHP KING OF EDITS

JMJ - Off The Deep End - Now on DHP Radio - Friday 3pm-5pm EST - http://dhpradio.com/jmj-off-the-deep-end.html
    Facebook me: facebook.com/kingofedits
    Podomatic me: http://jmjeditking.podomatic.com/
    Soundcloud me: http://soundcloud.com/jmj-edits

2007 & 2010 Deep House Fantasy Football Champion
    2011 & 2012 back-to-back DHP Fantasy Baseball Champion

Quote Originally Posted by EddieW8 View Post
    Who could forget THIS?!

do we KNOW if pimps have retirement plans yet?
    Listen to my latest mix at the top of the blog, articles on events, music, advice and basically me mouthing off about topics in house music...
    Blog:
    http://houselogger.blogspot.com/
    Latest mixes:
    https://soundcloud.com/chris-wood
    HEAR ME LIVE EVERY FRIDAY:
    www.dhpradio.com >>>> 2pm GMT / 9am EST

You have the link? I can't find it
    Are you sure you're ready for it? haha

http://deephousepage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157884

So basically Mother Diva is someone who feels strongly about DHP and its opinions and the very people who are convinced she is mentally ill seek to traumatize her for the sake of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Jefferson View Post
    So basically Mother Diva is someone who feels strongly about DHP and its opinions and the very people who are convinced she is mentally ill seek to traumatize her for the sake of humor.
    How do you feel about 401Ks for ho's?
    As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

I've been trying to figure out how to word this very sentiment for 3 days. Thank you!

I personally think the clowning on her is foul and certainly not funny.

I've actually contemplated closing this thread multiple times just because it's not the kind of interaction I like seeing on DHP. I'm all for full-contact and for people getting their asses handed too them when needed/deserved (including me) but there's just something extra-vicious about how Mother Diva is clowned here. I don't know if it's just the impression that she's essentially harmless and not attacking back at people or what, but everyone please chill.

Just a thought.
    <cfif isDefined('session.user.sense') and #session.user.sense# eq '0'>
    <cfset option = delete>
    </cfif>

Quote Originally Posted by DeesKo View Post
    I've actually contemplated closing this thread multiple times just because it's not the kind of interaction I like seeing on DHP.
    oh puhleeze!!
    I Am Almost Keeping It Real

wait 'til she reaches in her draws and whip out a tampon and hit you with the blood of Jesus!...(or is that Heahzuz from uptown?)

I've been trying to figure out how to word this very sentiment for 3 days. Thank you!

I've actually contemplated closing this thread multiple times just because it's not the kind of interaction I like seeing on DHP. I'm all for full-contact and for people getting their asses handed too them when needed/deserved (including me) but there's just something extra-vicious about how Mother Diva is clowned here. I don't know if it's just the impression that she's essentially harmless and not attacking back at people or what, but everyone please chill.

Just a thought.
    She's mentally unstable yet she makes it into celebrity events with camera crews?

Marshall should concentrate on making records and not practicing psychiatry, psychotherapy, or even psychokinesis

No one has violated any DHP rules in commenting on house mother diva and she has gotten less than what a Tony Mundaca got

Anyone walking around with a children's toy house on their chest is going to get laughed at
    As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

Quote Originally Posted by The Buddy Love Show View Post
    Anyone walking around with a children's toy house on their chest is going to get laughed at
    I laughed...

Quote Originally Posted by liL Ray View Post
    wait 'til she reaches in her draws and whip out a tampon and hit you with the blood of Jesus!...(or is that Heahzuz from uptown?)
    yo... that shit is HILARIOUS.

In a good way, IMO.

Crazy as all hell, yes... but lets be real, in the overall scope of any of our lives, we all know that's hardly the craziest thing we've seen/heard/done.
    <cfset option = delete>
    </cfif>

She's mentally unstable yet she makes it into celebrity events with camera crews?

Marshall should concentrate on making records and not practicing psychiatry, psychotherapy, or even psychokinesis
    I didn't say she was mentally unstable, you did, I just feel the hatchet job on her was vicious and unnecessary, nothing psychiatric about that, just concern about a fellow human being.

No one has violated any DHP rules in commenting on house mother diva and she has gotten less than what a Tony Mundaca got

While I agree no one has broken any rules (which is the main reason I've just avoided the topic) I hardly consider our collective engagement of Mother Diva our finest hour.

That's coming from someone who finds no issue at all with our reactions too Peven, DJ Phamtastic, FireStarter, Kidneyitis, HouseMusicDipshit or any of the other various obnoxious people we've had stroll through in the past 10 yrs.

All I'm saying is that there are some people who deserve to catch the wrath & there are those you just let be because they're harmless.
    <cfset option = delete>
    </cfif>

yo... that shit is HILARIOUS.

In a good way, IMO.

Crazy as all hell, yes... but lets be real, in the overall scope of any of our lives, we all know that's hardly the craziest thing we've seen/heard/done.
    glad you came back from your kumbahyah moment.

All I'm saying is that there are some people who deserve to catch the wrath & there are those you just let be because they're harmless.
    threats of Blood of Jesus is not harmless...heeheeheehee, just joking around.

the Blood Of Jesus ... was one of the funniest moments EVAAAH on da Pee. (in my poltergiest voice... everrrrrr)

how can you NOT laugh at that crazy azz shyt? Plastic House around the neck and all.
    F.O.N.O- The Sag Party
    Dec 3 @ The Paradox 1310 Russell Str.
    Wayne Davis and Mark Mendoza
    Hosted by Moo.

Quote Originally Posted by KBig View Post
    Plastic House around the neck and all.
    ok, I actually spit out my coffee reading this.

Oh my. Guess I missed this 1st time around. Where to begin?! Only 3 minutes, but yet so much material!
    doll... u aint the only'iest ones.... I missd this too ..... where to start...

first... where's her neck?
    2nd.... she was her own studio audience applause track OMG!!! screaming
    3rd.... Tuna? really? soooooo much material ... so lil' time

4th... she is the Flava Flav of House Music.... yeaaaaaah boooooi ( wobble wobble jiggle jiggle) holding the plastic house up like Flav did in the video

am I the only person who watched this with their mouth open?
    F.O.N.O- The Sag Party
    Hosted by Moo.

LOL I saw her at the PG reunion and I had to ask her how her and Timmy's children were........she picked up the ball and rolled right with it too
    She was at Shelter last week trying to pass notes to Timmy in the booth. He ignored her, of course.
    You'll have to excuse me. I'm the product of a broken disco.

She was at Shelter last week trying to pass notes to Timmy in the booth. He ignored her, of course.
    omg u should see my face right now ... lol lol
    F.O.N.O- The Sag Party
    Hosted by Moo.

Thumbs up

just concern about a fellow human being.
    fairplay.

Quote Originally Posted by KBig View Post
    doll... u aint the only'iest ones.... I missd this too ..... where to start...

first... where's her neck?
    2nd.... she was her own studio audience applause track OMG!!! screaming
    3rd.... Tuna? really? soooooo much material ... so lil' time

4th... she is the Flava Flav of House Music.... yeaaaaaah boooooi ( wobble wobble jiggle jiggle) holding the plastic house up like Flav did in the video

am I the only person who watched this with their mouth open?
    I closed one eye......JMJ
    THE DHP KING OF EDITS

JMJ - Off The Deep End - Now on DHP Radio - Friday 3pm-5pm EST - http://dhpradio.com/jmj-off-the-deep-end.html
    Facebook me: facebook.com/kingofedits
    Podomatic me: http://jmjeditking.podomatic.com/
    Soundcloud me: http://soundcloud.com/jmj-edits

2007 & 2010 Deep House Fantasy Football Champion
    2011 & 2012 back-to-back DHP Fantasy Baseball Champion

i had to watch it again .... no no no no no no no no no...

nine nine nine nine nine nine ....(in my best unbelieveable German voice) insert Herman Cain smirk here.

okay the Wind in tha background is priceless...then she says... Mr. Mark Barnett is in the bldg....

heffa you outside an elementary school bldg.

the blood of jesus ....

*cant stop laughing* a lil pee just squirted out.
    F.O.N.O- The Sag Party
    Hosted by Moo.

How did I miss THIS????????

"I personally have been attacked on this board, and by the way the person who said I belong in Bellevue Hospital because I wore my house necklace on the New York Subway, thank you, because I called Bellevue Hospital and now I am negotiating with them to appear in a TV commercial promoting their services, and the hospital administrator told me to thank you for the free promotion, incase you didn't realize, when you gave the address to the hospital and someone else figured out it was Bellevue Hospital, they received several hits on their website from your posting, so you saved them money on advertising costs."

I remember meeting Mother Diva in the Chi a while back when they had the House Music Festival. I remember buggin at the time, but y'all know I tend to like folks that are a bit ... um ... "off-kilter." Anyway, this old thread really took the cake with so many priceless quotes, especially the one above.

No shade, Mother Diva - I just call 'em as I see em. Ain't nothing wrong with being called "crazy" - most people who've accomplished the impossible were called out by their peers, too. Plus, Buddy Love is as crazy as a loon himself so don't mind him. Kumbaya and PLUR. Blessings to you and THANK YOU for your dedication and perserverance! Maybe one day house music will finally arrive and you'll be recognized properly for your contribution! :D
    "MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT, BUT NEVER WANT AS LONG AS YOU LIVE. MAY YOU LIVE TO BE 100, & ME 100 BUT MINUS A DAY, SO THAT I'LL KNOW THAT NICE PEOPLE LIKE YOU, HAVE PASSED MY WAY. AND REMEMBER, WHEN FRANKIE CROCKER ISN'T ON YOUR RADIO, YOUR RADIO JUST ISN'T REALLY ON."

Quote Originally Posted by JMNYC View Post
    ... Maybe one day house music will finally arrive ...
    Late - http://deephousepage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243301
    Website - www.clubflipside.com | Beatport - http://dj.beatport.com/#/daver | Resident Advisor - www.residentadvisor.net/dj/daverussell |
    Podcast - www.daverussell.podomatic.com | YouTube - www.youtube.com/daveruss66 | Facebook - www.facebook.com/daveruss66

"I Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda ..." today, is likely the result of saying "F### it" yesterday