Thread: Blacklisted: UK workers find they are banned from job market

Exclamation Blacklisted: UK workers find they are banned from job market

"The police or security services supplied information to a blacklist funded by the country's major construction firms that has kept thousands of people out of work over the past three decades.

The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has revealed that records that could only have come from the police or MI5 have been discovered in a vast database of files held on 3,200 victims who were deemed leftwing or troublesome."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...uction-workers

After years of unsuccessful attempts to find jobs, thousands of UK construction workers have found out why. Skilled engineers have discovered their names were on an “employment blacklist” - an illegal document which shattered their lives.

http://rt.com/news/uk-blacklist-workers-job-033/
    Last edited by SuzanneT; 03-23-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Fixed link

This is a travesty. I hope that people are very angry over this and express that anger by throwing the bums out of office
    As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

Horrible.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when it's components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." - Stephen Hawking

Too right Mark. Doubley shocking that some of those were placed on list because they exposed companies who cut corners on safety standards/buillding practises.

and this has been going on since 1982, so that would be the Thatcher/Ray-gun era.... again

Economic genocide, man. I would imagine some powerful protests happen over there as a result. Y'all don't mess around when it comes to taking to the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel, Grand Duke of Stony Island View Post
    Economic genocide, man. I would imagine some powerful protests happen over there as a result. Y'all don't mess around when it comes to taking to the streets.
    If enough people get to hear about it, there wil will an outrage. Sad to say that for over 30 years the middle/left have been battered from the right, unions don't have the powers of 70's and 80's now. There's a political apathy in this generation. I read about it in two papers that aren't owned by Murdoch, Daily Mirror and The Guardian. Then I saw it on Russia today news, looked on BBC News but they were busy doing The Monarchy live.

That sucks.
    Oh, I know very well how I got my name

My show with music in it- http://phthalyl.podomatic.com/ :)

Shocking story, which seems not to have got the attention it ought to.
    since feeling is first
    who pays any attention
    to the syntax of things
    will never wholly kiss you
    -e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Monny JcIntosh View Post
    Shocking story, which seems not to have got the attention it ought to.
    Exactly.

Email and web use 'to be monitored' under new laws...

Internet firms will be required to give intelligence agency GCHQ access to communications on demand, in real time.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17576745

In response to shit like this, people (idiots) say this shit "well if you're not doing anything wrong you shouldn't have anything to worry about"