Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Zimmerman police report

The Zimmerman police report

Wonder what effect this is gonna have on the controversy, thus far. I noticed not too many political grandstanders with any comments towards the enhanced video of Zimmerman, showing his head injury, yesterday.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...175656087.html
    Last edited by TAB.; 04-03-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    When you can't see the angles no more, you're in trouble baby, you're in trouble. Carlito's Way

"Political Grandstanders"?

A black boy got shot dead walking home with a bag of skittles. It used to be called lynching

However, let's not grandstand.
    As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

THE DHP KING OF EDITS

JMJ - Off The Deep End - Now on DHP Radio - Friday 3pm-5pm EST - http://dhpradio.com/jmj-off-the-deep-end.html
    Facebook me: facebook.com/kingofedits
    Podomatic me: http://jmjeditking.podomatic.com/
    Soundcloud me: http://soundcloud.com/jmj-edits

2007 & 2010 Deep House Fantasy Football Champion
    2011 & 2012 back-to-back DHP Fantasy Baseball Champion

Proves nor disproves nothing. A teenager who was living in the neighborhood was walking home when an adult with a gun followed him and, with no authority, acosted and questioned him. If he fought back, he was standing his own ground. Anyone would have done so but the right continues to labor to reduce this obviously avoidable situation to a case of who deserved what.

It gets more horrific daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel, Grand Duke of Stony Island View Post
    Proves nor disproves nothing. A teenager who was living in the neighborhood was walking home when an adult with a gun followed him and, with no authority, acosted and questioned him. If he fought back, he was standing his own ground. Anyone would have done so but the right continues to labor to reduce this obviously avoidable situation to a case of who deserved what.

It gets more horrific daily.

amen.
    F.O.N.O- The Sag Party
    Dec 3 @ The Paradox 1310 Russell Str.
    Wayne Davis and Mark Mendoza
    Hosted by Moo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Buddy Love Show View Post
    "Political Grandstanders"?

A black boy got shot dead walking home with a bag of skittles. It used to be called lynching

However, let's not grandstand.
    Some of those 'grandstanders' need to have their asses back home at Ground Zero(where they were voted in). I know we could use em out Here. Don't leave it all for Michael Pfleger to do.

Secondly, Everyone's so certain of the facts before they are even revealed. That report lists several witnesses, not just the 13 yo. Have we even heard from them?
    When you can't see the angles no more, you're in trouble baby, you're in trouble. Carlito's Way

FBI out there questioning everybody right now, too bad it's just for denying somebody civil rights, not for murder

Regardless of race, the facts that continually seem to stand are this: a teenager wearing a hoodie was walking through a neighborhood after buying skittles. The adult, who was on neighborhood watch, called in what he felt was suspicious. was told NOT TO PURSUE. He did anyway and whatever happened after that, imo, is his fault. He did not follow procedure, he did not do anything he was told to. Why someone on neighborhood watch needs a gun is beyond me.

Due to the ongoing social media presense regarding this case, it's gone crazy. Someone even tweeted that "Everyone is prob wrong re this case, it seems an ignorant teen got shot by a white cop." WTF At least get the basics right if you're going to post anything.

This case is about race and death. If he was being too black when Zimmerman approached him, he deserved to die. If he was being less black than possible, it was a tragic killing.

If he was selling crack, he didn't deserve to be stalked, baited into a confrontation and defenselessly shot in the chest at point blank range.

As if they'll somehow find evidence against Martin that makes his death less tragic and more deserved.
    Last edited by Daniel, Grand Duke of Stony Island; 04-03-2012 at 04:13 PM.

What I don't understand is why it's necessary to bring up the fact that he had a baggy that contained traces of weed or that Zimmerman has a history of assault ( or something along those lines ). Is this supposed to show their character and then make it ok?

Quote Originally Posted by TAB. View Post
    Wonder what effect this is gonna have on the controversy, thus far. I noticed not too many political grandstanders with any comments towards the enhanced video of Zimmerman, showing his head injury, yesterday.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...175656087.html
    Had to save this. One of the most memorable posts on DHP in a bit. Black kid gets profiled and murdered and those that call for justice are "political grandstanders"

Really amazing
    As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalEmpress View Post
    What I don't understand is why it's necessary to bring up the fact that he had a baggy that contained traces of weed or that Zimmerman has a history of assault ( or something along those lines ). Is this supposed to show their character and then make it ok?
    if trayvon is a drug user then maybe he is a drug dealer if he is a drug dealer then maybe he is a thief if he is a thief then maybe he is in this neighborhood to rob homes like 14 other young black males have done recently

They are trying to make him appear more likely to respond to Zimmerman's surveillance, with agression. This plays opposite to the innocent image of a 13 year old Trayvon in that widely used Photo from the family.

They are trying to make him appear more likely to respond to Zimmerman's surveillance, with agression. This plays opposite to the innocent image of a 13 year old Trayvon in that widely used Photo from the family.
    smoking weed makes you aggressive?

Quote Originally Posted by mhd View Post
    just thinking the same thing... though it does explain the skittles.

if trayvon is a drug user then maybe he is a drug dealer if he is a drug dealer then maybe he is a thief if he is a thief then maybe he is in this neighborhood to rob homes like 14 other young black males have done recently
    Yep

Additionally, if they can besmirch this particular victim enough, they'll be able get more of us to kiss the whip and embrace the rope.

It seems to be working

I don't mind when mutts get their due whilst being mutts. That's that game. However, this kid wasn't doing anything other than being black

It's a sad fucking day

Quote Originally Posted by The Buddy Love Show View Post
    Had to save this. One of the most memorable posts on DHP in a bit. Black kid gets profiled and murdered and those that call for justice are "political grandstanders"

Really amazing
    Sorry Man, buts it's purely a local issue. I live in the heart of that '58 shot, 10 dead in one weekend' neighborhood. We would love to have one of our congressman wearing those hoodies to come chat to the lil Hoodies out here. They see the body count.

Calling it like I see it.

That's a LOT of IFs. And even if that was true, it certainly still does not make it acceptable for Zimmerman to approach him after being told NOT to by the police and using lethal force

Lol

If Massa Mo says so

Sorry Man, buts it's purely a local issue. I live in the heart of that '58 shot, 10 dead in one weekend' neighborhood. We would love to have one of our congressman wearing those hoodies to come chat to the lil Hoodies out here. They see the body count.

still lame, its sad that you don't see these issues are connected

just thinking the same thing... though it does explain the skittles.
    slow down, you are implying that he was high the night of the shooting

I wasn't trying to imply anything - it was a (bad) joke.

No but it does imply Trayvon was not a boy scout. And maybe not capable of 'walking away' from confrontation.

Where you live doesn't absolve you from making stupid statements. However, if you are unhappy with your local politicians "grandstanding" in other states, there is nothing stopping you from "grandstanding" locally. I look forward to reading of your endeavors as you struggle to replace those slackers with your own fiery activism.

If you're not interested in helping this boys parents seek justice that's cool. However, you look really silly posting an asinine thread like this one

Calling it like I see it

No but it does imply Trayvon was not a boy scout. And maybe not capable of 'walking away' from confrontation.
    The phone conversation w his girlfreind implies that he was walking away from confrontation

Keep up