Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deep House

Deep House

Hey guys im new to this forum/ website and wondering if you guys could ceck out my most recent mix and let me know if this is worthy of playing out.
    Also would you classify this as detroi and chicago aswell?

http://soundcloud.com/aaronandrew/late-night-mix
    Please leave nice comments on the mix
    Thanks Guys

Hi Aaron, I am gonna be nice before everyone wakes up in the US and cuts your head off

First, welcome to the board. Before you start posting mixes and asking for opinions, it is a good idea to jump in, participate and introduce yourself. This board has historical mixes on the main page from legends, and current mixes on here from great current DJs (famous and bedroom alike). With that in mind, think about why would the members here take the time to listen to a mix from a total newbie?

We need new blood here, so take this as friendly advice. Cheers.

Hey Aaron, welcome aboard!

You should try to edit this post and start with some "Hello" somewhere.

If you got to the Forums' root, you'll see a "Mixes & Tracklists" section, that's where you should post your mixes for a start.

Idance

Hey Guys, Im based in Sydney and have been for the last 3 years...Since ive been here ive dug my music taste alot deeper and now into the "underground" scene.
    Ive been Djing for about 2 yrs and now have just started producing... I will definately upload my first upcoming tracks ;)
    The main music i listen to Would be Deep House (obviously) Detroit, Chicago, Disco, Dub Techno and when im in a bad mood a bit of hip hop!
    But for now it would be good for you guys to comment and give some feedback for my dj set that was done on vinyl!
    Great forum btw!!
    Hit me up for some ??s

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hey guys im new to this forum/ website and wondering if you guys could ceck out my most recent mix and let me know if this is worthy of playing out.
    Also would you classify this as detroi and chicago aswell?

http://soundcloud.com/aaronandrew/late-night-mix
    Please leave nice comments on the mix
    Thanks Guys
    Hey Guys, Im based in Sydney and have been for the last 3 years...Since ive been here ive dug my music taste alot deeper and now into the "underground" scene.
    Ive been Djing for about 2 yrs and now have just started producing... I will definately upload my first upcoming tracks ;)
    The main music i listen to Would be Deep House (obviously) Detroit, Chicago, Disco, Dub Techno and when im in a bad mood a bit of hip hop!
    But for now it would be good for you guys to comment and give some feedback for my dj set that was done on vinyl!
    Great forum btw!!
    Hit me up for some ??s
    What is the average air speed velocity of an Indonesian Sparrow, during a tropical rainstorm in Iowa?
    Website - www.clubflipside.com | Beatport - http://dj.beatport.com/#/daver | Resident Advisor - www.residentadvisor.net/dj/daverussell |
    Podcast - www.daverussell.podomatic.com | YouTube - www.youtube.com/daveruss66 | Facebook - www.facebook.com/daveruss66

"I Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda ..." today, is likely the result of saying "F### it" yesterday

Haha hmm tough one, maybe 11 meters per second but thats just an estimate. I am a bird watcher....

Great forum btw!!
    Hit me up for some ??s

Aaron,

what's your take on moors ?

Haha hmm tough one, maybe 11 meters per second but thats just an estimate. I am a bird watcher....

Fly bird or pussy bird?

I dont know are they italian? maybe i should do a little bit of research :O
    And really thats the stupid question once im done with them they will be pouncing 11 meters ;p

Ngeso What type of music are you into? any sounds to share?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by the crackhouse View Post
    If you got to the Forums' root, you'll see a "Mixes & Tracklists" section, that's where you should post your mixes for a start.
    http://deephousepage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130

Ngeso What type of music are you into? any sounds to share?

Goodness, I think that's the first time in years on this board that I've been asked what kind of music I'm into. Okay, here goes:

I used to be a DJ and club promoter for a decade late 80's to 90's. Spiritually very eclectic and acid-jazz-oriented, with a big American-style house bias. London-fixated. My role models were guys like Eddie Piller, Gilles Peterson, Asley Beedle, Norman Jay MBE, etc.

I gave up promotions in '99 and deejayed sporadically for a few more years. I stopped completely around 2006. I have since then renounced myself completely from the confines of dance music as a participatory phenomenon, and gone back to gluttonous, idle listening and author-performed stage spectacle. Which means: I don't go to clubs, I don't attend to DJs, and I don't share.

Music preferences: 70's/80's post-Punk, Delta Blues and Zydeco, Southern Rock, Soukous & Rumba Congolaise, 20's & 30's Big Band Jazz and dancehall, West Coast folk & rock, Bach cantatas, Countertenor arias, and generally any kind of world music that lends itself to illustrating my reading as well as my real and armchair travelling.

Yeah mate thats before i ever got a response, sorry for posting 2 threads!

Well Jesus mate seems like you would have a bit of knowledge will it all!
    And in your music preferences wow alot of that stuff, i havent even heard of the genres!
    but assuming the sounds of those genres and you saying you were acid jazz orientated maybe Tru thoughts? and a bit of blue note?
    Im not sure just chucking some labels at you that came to mind.
    Did you get a chance to listen to my set? probably not in those boundries? haah

alot of that stuff, i havent even heard of the genres

How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by ngeso View Post
    Aaron,

what's your take on moors ?

Good'day Aaron..............
    Galaxy rays; Powerful!!! =D

I'll take up a collection to pay you to stick around.

This barbershop needs young bucks, dawg. Welcome.

Now that is hilarious! Definately using that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel, Grand Duke of Stony Island View Post
    I'll take up a collection to pay you to stick around.

This barbershop needs young bucks, dawg. Welcome.
    Cheers guys, many Australians use this forum?

Cheers guys, many Australians use this forum?

The last prominent one turned out to be a bit of a wanker. We ganged up on him and kicked him out/he went away.

Welcome to the board, Aaron.
    "There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people."

Quote Originally Posted by ngeso View Post
    Goodness, I think that's the first time in years on this board that I've been asked what kind of music I'm into. Okay, here goes:
    and we still dont give a shit hahahahahahahaaack

Quote Originally Posted by D J 1 3 8 View Post
    DHPs old attitude towards noobs

now a dayz

Website - www.clubflipside.com | Beatport - http://dj.beatport.com/#/daver | Resident Advisor - www.residentadvisor.net/dj/daverussell |
    Podcast - www.daverussell.podomatic.com | YouTube - www.youtube.com/daveruss66 | Facebook - www.facebook.com/daveruss66

"I Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda ..." today, is likely the result of saying "F### it" yesterday