Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great POTUS photo.

Great POTUS photo.

Why?

This one's all over the FB news feeds.
    http://cyberjamz.com 'DJ RAS! pres. the Fri. Night Dance Party' live 10pm-12am EST. http://soundcloud.com/djras2000. 'Have you ever danced with the devil under the pale moonlight? I just ask that of all my prey'- Jack Nicholson as the JOKER

Quote Originally Posted by cleodine velvet jackson View Post
    Why?

hey semen, why is this a great photo? is there something i`m missing?

To me, a great photo of President Barack Obama would have him seated at the front of the bus not the middle, hell never mind that, the brother should be driving the damn bus, and it should be full of whites sitting at the back.

This photo to me symbolizes one step forward two steps backward for Black America, the first step backward being the electing of the first black president because it awakened the deep seeded resentment and hatred of a people by a people who thought this day would never come, and second, the senseless killing of young brother Trayvon Martin by a man who sought out young black men and felt they were expendable and devised a plan around the stand your ground law to eventually do the unthinkable, which he succeeded in doing.

It's painful to look at this photo.
    "We're not just dancing to have fun-we're dancing for survival. We're dancing to save our lives." PTT

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post

To me, a great photo of President Barack Obama would have him seated at the front of the bus not the middle, hell never mind that, the brother should be driving the damn bus, and it should be full of whites sitting at the back.

This photo to me symbolizes one step forward two steps backward for Black America[...]

A black guy driving a bus full of white guys in the back = two steps forward. Right. Year 2012.

Last edited by ngeso; 04-20-2012 at 06:58 AM.

This photo to me symbolizes one step forward two steps backward for Black America, the first step backward being the electing of the first black president because it awakened the deep seeded resentment and hatred of a people by a people who thought this day would never come, and second, the senseless killing of young brother Trayvon Martin by a man who sought out young black men and felt they were expendable and devised a plan around the stand your ground law to eventually do the unthinkable, which he succeeded in doing.

Well said TAD.
    I hate this photo.
    (\_/) "Recognizeth an attention
    (O.-)whore when thou doth sees
    (___) it, and then ignoreth its ass" - SuzanneT 1:1

"Change happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go." Spencer Johnson

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music. Angela Monet

"There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't" -unknown

I prefer this one

I Am Almost Keeping It Real

The man is Damned if he do Damned if he don't....

Quote Originally Posted by House4Life View Post
    Right?! Maybe, maybe... he got on the bus and just thought I'mma sit here.
    NITESHIFT - http://www.youtube.com/niteshiftla

DHP Fantasy Baseball 2014 Alternate
    DHP Fantasy Football 2014-15 Champion
    DHP Fantasy LaCrosse Champeen, All Years Running.

Quote Originally Posted by joesuuf View Post
    Right?! Maybe, maybe... he got on the bus and just thought I'mma sit here.
    thats what i was thinking
    Listen to my latest mix at the top of the blog, articles on events, music, advice and basically me mouthing off about topics in house music...
    Blog:
    http://houselogger.blogspot.com/
    Latest mixes:
    https://soundcloud.com/chris-wood
    HEAR ME LIVE EVERY FRIDAY:
    www.dhpradio.com >>>> 2pm GMT / 9am EST

Quote Originally Posted by liL Ray View Post
    I prefer this one

I do too.

It just can't be that we have a difference of opinion? Art is subjective.
    (\_/) "Recognizeth an attention
    (O.-)whore when thou doth sees
    (___) it, and then ignoreth its ass" - SuzanneT 1:1

"Change happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go." Spencer Johnson

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music. Angela Monet

"There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneT View Post
    I do too.

No problem with that but every little thing President Obama does is dissected & scrutinized to the T!!

very cool.
    The House of Soul - Sammy Rock and Dj Housecat Podcast Page
    http://souloasis.cyberjamz.com/
    Twitter http://bit.ly/5Yfzle
    FB - Cyberjamz Fan Pagehttp://bit.ly/4z3wni
    Cyberjamz Radio Show every Monday from 9am - 2pm est
    http://cyberjamz.com

No problem with that but every little thing President Obama does is dissected & scrutinized to the T!!
    This goes with every POTUS but he's getting it extra hard, same will be true of any other POTUS of color and non-male.

Quote Originally Posted by joesuuf View Post
    This goes with every POTUS but he's getting it extra hard, same will be true of any other POTUS of color and non-male.
    Extra hard, Over the top etc, even his wife! Remember when they freaked out because she wore shorts on a Dirt trail of all places?!

Extra hard, Over the top etc, even his wife! Remember when they freaked out because she wore shorts on a Dirt trail of all places?!
    Yup, I can't for him to beat the brakes off Romney, dude has NO chance.

It's Rosa Park's bus. Wtf, people

Quote Originally Posted by Armento View Post
    It's Rosa Park's bus. Wtf, people

Imagine.

People are a little too quick with the hysterics this week.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneT View Post

right Sue T. it was just a moment of reflection. it didn`t seem to me just sitting on the bus. the picture evokes a lot of powerful images. even without the picture, america today in 2012 with all that has gone on in the last little while can only be seen as a country who`s scars have not healed completely and are beginning to open again.
    "We're not just dancing to have fun-we're dancing for survival. We're dancing to save our lives." PTT

Quote Originally Posted by ngeso View Post
    A black guy driving a bus full of white guys in the back = two steps forward. Right. Year 2012.

not what i wrote ngeso.

Imagine.

People are a little too quick with the hysterics this week.
    this week? lol

the brother should be driving the damn bus

Yeah, i mean when a bus crashes, the driver always survives right. It's also perhaps a bit underpaid for the president.

Perhaps he is representing his stance on the downs of the financial crisis, rather than steering the bus away from past fuck ups, he's just a passenger, in the middle of the bus, owned and steered by Goldman Sachs.

not what i wrote ngeso.

That's what I read when you wrote "to me, a great photo of President Barack Obama would have him seated at the front of the bus not the middle, hell never mind that, the brother should be driving the damn bus, and it should be full of whites sitting at the back."

That's the most powerful political figure on the planet today, sitting down for a moment of reflection and a White House staff photographer (the only one allowed in) in that very historic bus. The leap from Rosa Parks to the position of highest aspiration possible symbolised in that bus should IMO evoke a bit more pride and joy.

That's what I read when you wrote "to me, a great photo of President Barack Obama would have him seated at the front of the bus not the middle, hell never mind that, the brother should be driving the damn bus, and it should be full of whites sitting at the back."

That's the most powerful political figure on the planet today, sitting down for a moment of reflection and a White House staff photographer (the only one allowed in) in that very historic bus. The leap from Rosa Parks to the position of highest aspiration possible symbolised in that bus should IMO evoke a bit more pride and joy.
    way too simplistic, so far detached from reality

The guy is sitting where his forebears had to sit, showing he knows where he came from and what it took for him to be where he is today. It doesn't work if he sits anywhere but where he's sitting. If he sits in the front, it isn't an appropriate connotation. It's hubris to sit anywhere but where black folks would have sat on that bus back when. This isn't a Chappelle's Show sketch. What - POTUS is supposed to get it tricked out with rims and a spoiler 'n shit?