Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 70

Thread: Great POTUS photo.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Your mum's
    Posts
    38,735

    Great POTUS photo.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,052
    Why?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    9,952
    This one's all over the FB news feeds.
    http://cyberjamz.com 'DJ RAS! pres. the Fri. Night Dance Party' live 10pm-12am EST. http://soundcloud.com/djras2000. 'Have you ever danced with the devil under the pale moonlight? I just ask that of all my prey'- Jack Nicholson as the JOKER

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Reigel 7
    Posts
    10,043
    Quote Originally Posted by cleodine velvet jackson View Post
    Why?

    hey semen, why is this a great photo? is there something i`m missing?

    To me, a great photo of President Barack Obama would have him seated at the front of the bus not the middle, hell never mind that, the brother should be driving the damn bus, and it should be full of whites sitting at the back.

    This photo to me symbolizes one step forward two steps backward for Black America, the first step backward being the electing of the first black president because it awakened the deep seeded resentment and hatred of a people by a people who thought this day would never come, and second, the senseless killing of young brother Trayvon Martin by a man who sought out young black men and felt they were expendable and devised a plan around the stand your ground law to eventually do the unthinkable, which he succeeded in doing.

    It's painful to look at this photo.
    "We're not just dancing to have fun-we're dancing for survival. We're dancing to save our lives." PTT

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    13,248
    Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    hey semen, why is this a great photo? is there something i`m missing?

    To me, a great photo of President Barack Obama would have him seated at the front of the bus not the middle, hell never mind that, the brother should be driving the damn bus, and it should be full of whites sitting at the back.

    This photo to me symbolizes one step forward two steps backward for Black America[...]

    It's painful to look at this photo.




    A black guy driving a bus full of white guys in the back = two steps forward. Right. Year 2012.








    .
    Last edited by ngeso; 04-20-2012 at 06:58 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    18,927
    Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    hey semen, why is this a great photo? is there something i`m missing?

    To me, a great photo of President Barack Obama would have him seated at the front of the bus not the middle, hell never mind that, the brother should be driving the damn bus, and it should be full of whites sitting at the back.

    This photo to me symbolizes one step forward two steps backward for Black America, the first step backward being the electing of the first black president because it awakened the deep seeded resentment and hatred of a people by a people who thought this day would never come, and second, the senseless killing of young brother Trayvon Martin by a man who sought out young black men and felt they were expendable and devised a plan around the stand your ground law to eventually do the unthinkable, which he succeeded in doing.

    It's painful to look at this photo.
    Well said TAD.
    I hate this photo.
    (\_/) "Recognizeth an attention
    (O.-)whore when thou doth sees
    (___) it, and then ignoreth its ass" - SuzanneT 1:1

    "Change happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go." Spencer Johnson

    "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music. Angela Monet

    "There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't" -unknown

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    NYcity
    Posts
    48,057
    I prefer this one

    I Am Almost Keeping It Real

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,185
    The man is Damned if he do Damned if he don't....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by House4Life View Post
    The man is Damned if he do Damned if he don't....
    Right?! Maybe, maybe... he got on the bus and just thought I'mma sit here.
    NITESHIFT - http://www.youtube.com/niteshiftla

    DHP Fantasy Baseball 2014 Alternate
    DHP Fantasy Football 2014-15 Champion
    DHP Fantasy LaCrosse Champeen, All Years Running.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Farnborough, UK
    Posts
    5,929
    Quote Originally Posted by joesuuf View Post
    Right?! Maybe, maybe... he got on the bus and just thought I'mma sit here.
    thats what i was thinking
    Listen to my latest mix at the top of the blog, articles on events, music, advice and basically me mouthing off about topics in house music...
    Blog:
    http://houselogger.blogspot.com/
    Latest mixes:
    https://soundcloud.com/chris-wood
    HEAR ME LIVE EVERY FRIDAY:
    www.dhpradio.com >>>> 2pm GMT / 9am EST

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    18,927
    Quote Originally Posted by liL Ray View Post
    I prefer this one

    I do too.

    Quote Originally Posted by House4Life View Post
    The man is Damned if he do Damned if he don't....
    It just can't be that we have a difference of opinion? Art is subjective.
    (\_/) "Recognizeth an attention
    (O.-)whore when thou doth sees
    (___) it, and then ignoreth its ass" - SuzanneT 1:1

    "Change happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go." Spencer Johnson

    "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music. Angela Monet

    "There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't" -unknown

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,185
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneT View Post
    I do too.


    It just can't be that we have a difference of opinion? Art is subjective.
    No problem with that but every little thing President Obama does is dissected & scrutinized to the T!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    45,599
    very cool.
    The House of Soul - Sammy Rock and Dj Housecat Podcast Page
    http://souloasis.cyberjamz.com/
    Twitter http://bit.ly/5Yfzle
    FB - Cyberjamz Fan Pagehttp://bit.ly/4z3wni
    Cyberjamz Radio Show every Monday from 9am - 2pm est
    http://cyberjamz.com

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by House4Life View Post
    No problem with that but every little thing President Obama does is dissected & scrutinized to the T!!
    This goes with every POTUS but he's getting it extra hard, same will be true of any other POTUS of color and non-male.
    NITESHIFT - http://www.youtube.com/niteshiftla

    DHP Fantasy Baseball 2014 Alternate
    DHP Fantasy Football 2014-15 Champion
    DHP Fantasy LaCrosse Champeen, All Years Running.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,185
    Quote Originally Posted by joesuuf View Post
    This goes with every POTUS but he's getting it extra hard, same will be true of any other POTUS of color and non-male.
    Extra hard, Over the top etc, even his wife! Remember when they freaked out because she wore shorts on a Dirt trail of all places?!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by House4Life View Post
    Extra hard, Over the top etc, even his wife! Remember when they freaked out because she wore shorts on a Dirt trail of all places?!
    Yup, I can't for him to beat the brakes off Romney, dude has NO chance.
    NITESHIFT - http://www.youtube.com/niteshiftla

    DHP Fantasy Baseball 2014 Alternate
    DHP Fantasy Football 2014-15 Champion
    DHP Fantasy LaCrosse Champeen, All Years Running.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Your mum's
    Posts
    38,735
    It's Rosa Park's bus. Wtf, people

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    13,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Armento View Post
    It's Rosa Park's bus. Wtf, people

    Imagine.


    People are a little too quick with the hysterics this week.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Reigel 7
    Posts
    10,043
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneT View Post


    It just can't be that we have a difference of opinion? Art is subjective.
    right Sue T. it was just a moment of reflection. it didn`t seem to me just sitting on the bus. the picture evokes a lot of powerful images. even without the picture, america today in 2012 with all that has gone on in the last little while can only be seen as a country who`s scars have not healed completely and are beginning to open again.
    "We're not just dancing to have fun-we're dancing for survival. We're dancing to save our lives." PTT

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Reigel 7
    Posts
    10,043
    Quote Originally Posted by ngeso View Post
    A black guy driving a bus full of white guys in the back = two steps forward. Right. Year 2012.








    .
    not what i wrote ngeso.
    "We're not just dancing to have fun-we're dancing for survival. We're dancing to save our lives." PTT

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Reigel 7
    Posts
    10,043
    Quote Originally Posted by ngeso View Post
    Imagine.


    People are a little too quick with the hysterics this week.
    this week? lol
    "We're not just dancing to have fun-we're dancing for survival. We're dancing to save our lives." PTT

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    birmingham, the heart of england
    Posts
    38,556
    Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    the brother should be driving the damn bus

    Yeah, i mean when a bus crashes, the driver always survives right. It's also perhaps a bit underpaid for the president.

    Perhaps he is representing his stance on the downs of the financial crisis, rather than steering the bus away from past fuck ups, he's just a passenger, in the middle of the bus, owned and steered by Goldman Sachs.



  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    13,248
    Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    not what i wrote ngeso.


    That's what I read when you wrote "to me, a great photo of President Barack Obama would have him seated at the front of the bus not the middle, hell never mind that, the brother should be driving the damn bus, and it should be full of whites sitting at the back."

    That's the most powerful political figure on the planet today, sitting down for a moment of reflection and a White House staff photographer (the only one allowed in) in that very historic bus. The leap from Rosa Parks to the position of highest aspiration possible symbolised in that bus should IMO evoke a bit more pride and joy.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    dc
    Posts
    39,317
    Quote Originally Posted by ngeso View Post
    That's what I read when you wrote "to me, a great photo of President Barack Obama would have him seated at the front of the bus not the middle, hell never mind that, the brother should be driving the damn bus, and it should be full of whites sitting at the back."

    That's the most powerful political figure on the planet today, sitting down for a moment of reflection and a White House staff photographer (the only one allowed in) in that very historic bus. The leap from Rosa Parks to the position of highest aspiration possible symbolised in that bus should IMO evoke a bit more pride and joy.
    way too simplistic, so far detached from reality

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    El ay, Caleh for nigh ay
    Posts
    9,686
    The guy is sitting where his forebears had to sit, showing he knows where he came from and what it took for him to be where he is today. It doesn't work if he sits anywhere but where he's sitting. If he sits in the front, it isn't an appropriate connotation. It's hubris to sit anywhere but where black folks would have sat on that bus back when. This isn't a Chappelle's Show sketch. What - POTUS is supposed to get it tricked out with rims and a spoiler 'n shit?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •