Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36

Thread: FWIW, a month later, my WMC Pictures

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Arlington, VA (Washington DC Metro)
    Posts
    52,969
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crazy Life That Is Alarick T View Post
    I want a pair of Tony's shades...


    Quote Originally Posted by Koffy Brown View Post
    Hey Dave let me know the next time you go to Miami and stay at that spot because I'm going to join you for a couple of days.... I just want to chill at the hotel while you hang out and do your thing...lol...cool...thanks
    Website - www.clubflipside.com | Beatport - http://dj.beatport.com/#/daver | Resident Advisor - www.residentadvisor.net/dj/daverussell |
    Podcast - www.daverussell.podomatic.com | YouTube - www.youtube.com/user/DaveRuss66/videos | Facebook - www.facebook.com/daveruss66

    "I Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda ..." today, is likely the result of saying "F### it" yesterday

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wantage, UK
    Posts
    6,154
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
    whereabouts is that place with the graffitti?
    HSK HSK is online now
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    7
    Chris, sorry to say you have the worst taste on here, not for me to say but maybe you should post this stuff on commercial sites, I for one am not interested in RA or your so called style in 'house'.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Arlington, VA (Washington DC Metro)
    Posts
    52,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wood View Post
    whereabouts is that place with the graffitti?
    Hey Chris ... not sure which you're referring to, but that's actually 2 different venues w/ graffitti/artwork

    ... the first (up to and including the pool table is Bardot, downtown Miami) for this party -> http://www.thelistwmc.com/wmc-the-li...c-edition.html ... Flight Facilities & Alex Metric - Flight Facilities are Australian based production duo who combine the blissed out pop production of Quincy Jones, the dancefloor hedonism of Daft Punk and the intoxicating head rush of the best night

    ... and the second was at Kill Your Idol on Espanola Way - can't remember what was going on that night, but didn't matter, b/c we walked in for drinks afterhours, when the lights were on ... was hilarious, and went down like this:

    Doorman - "We're Closed"
    Me - "Yeah but I need to show my boys from SA your place, and have one drink"
    Doorman - "Who are you?"
    Me - "I'm Mr. Russell's son"
    Doorman - "OK, one drink"

    Website - www.clubflipside.com | Beatport - http://dj.beatport.com/#/daver | Resident Advisor - www.residentadvisor.net/dj/daverussell |
    Podcast - www.daverussell.podomatic.com | YouTube - www.youtube.com/user/DaveRuss66/videos | Facebook - www.facebook.com/daveruss66

    "I Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda ..." today, is likely the result of saying "F### it" yesterday

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
    Doorman - "We're Closed"
    Me - "Yeah but I need to show my boys from SA your place, and have one drink"
    Doorman - "Who are you?"
    Me - "I'm Mr. Russell's son"
    Doorman - "OK, one drink"

    Sick with the flu and in an altogether shitty mood, but this story has me cracking up!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    50,821
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
    Hey Chris ... not sure which you're referring to, but that's actually 2 different venues w/ graffitti/artwork

    ... the first (up to and including the pool table is Bardot, downtown Miami) for this party -> http://www.thelistwmc.com/wmc-the-li...c-edition.html ... Flight Facilities & Alex Metric - Flight Facilities are Australian based production duo who combine the blissed out pop production of Quincy Jones, the dancefloor hedonism of Daft Punk and the intoxicating head rush of the best night

    ... and the second was at Kill Your Idol on Espanola Way - can't remember what was going on that night, but didn't matter, b/c we walked in for drinks afterhours, when the lights were on ... was hilarious, and went down like this:

    Doorman - "We're Closed"
    Me - "Yeah but I need to show my boys from SA your place, and have one drink"
    Doorman - "Who are you?"
    Me - "I'm Mr. Russell's son"
    Doorman - "OK, one drink"

    LOL!

    Useful
    As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Arlington, VA (Washington DC Metro)
    Posts
    52,969
    Quote Originally Posted by The Buddy Love Show View Post
    LOL!

    Useful


    Quote Originally Posted by LOKEE View Post
    Sick with the flu and in an altogether shitty mood, but this story has me cracking up!
    ... glad I could help - here's another from the archives

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
    One of a bunch of funny moments ...

    =================================

    So it’s London Fashion Week, and Sunday night, my friend and I are walking around, and we come across some serious hi-brow show.

    Although the sign outside says “Invitation Only – No Exceptions”, I decide that we’re going in … of course I have my Formal Wear = Jeans, UConn Huskies T-shirt and sneakers on as usual

    Doorman – “Hello”
    Me - “Hello, I’m on the Guestlist, and she’s with me”
    Doorman – “... and what is your name?”
    Me - “I’m Dave Russell” (with that look of, ‘MFer, don’t even play like you don’t recognize me’)
    Doorman – “OK” (fumbling through the pages of his clipboard)
    Doorman – “…. and what is your first name?”
    Me - “Dave … I might be listed under David too”
    Doorman – “I am so sorry Sir, I do not have you on the list … do you know who put you on the list?”
    Me - "C-Money"
    Doorman - "C-Money?"
    Me - "Oh sorry, that's just our pet name for him ..."
    Me - “Calvin”
    Doorman – “Calvin?”
    Me - “Calvin Klein”
    Doorman – (Literally drops his clipboard, buckling over laughing)
    Me - (looking totally serious)
    Doorman – (recovers from his hysteria) “Sir, I cannot believe I almost fell for that … and for that, have a good time!” (and opens the ropes ane we go in)

    ... and we left a few seconds later
    Website - www.clubflipside.com | Beatport - http://dj.beatport.com/#/daver | Resident Advisor - www.residentadvisor.net/dj/daverussell |
    Podcast - www.daverussell.podomatic.com | YouTube - www.youtube.com/user/DaveRuss66/videos | Facebook - www.facebook.com/daveruss66

    "I Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda ..." today, is likely the result of saying "F### it" yesterday

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    52,071
    See,that's some international man of mystery shit there....LOL.....

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    50,821
    I had no such luck

    I'm walking into 5 in DC with Sasha who was SMOKING hot and announce myself as the king of Brooklyn. Doorman is like "You pay but the Queen gets in free"

    Its good to be the Queen!

    lol
    As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Arlington, VA (Washington DC Metro)
    Posts
    52,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie 3:26 View Post
    See,that's some international man of mystery shit there....LOL.....


    Quote Originally Posted by The Buddy Love Show View Post
    I had no such luck

    I'm walking into 5 in DC with Sasha who was SMOKING hot and announce myself as the king of Brooklyn. Doorman is like "You pay but the Queen gets in free"

    Its good to be the Queen!

    lol
    Website - www.clubflipside.com | Beatport - http://dj.beatport.com/#/daver | Resident Advisor - www.residentadvisor.net/dj/daverussell |
    Podcast - www.daverussell.podomatic.com | YouTube - www.youtube.com/user/DaveRuss66/videos | Facebook - www.facebook.com/daveruss66

    "I Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda ..." today, is likely the result of saying "F### it" yesterday

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,521
    Beautiful pics! But no 1st class boarding passes? You're slipping, Dave. ;)
    You'll have to excuse me. I'm the product of a broken disco.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Arlington, VA (Washington DC Metro)
    Posts
    52,969
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieW8 View Post
    Beautiful pics! But no 1st class boarding passes? You're slipping, Dave. ;)
    you crazy ... I can post it if you'd like
    Website - www.clubflipside.com | Beatport - http://dj.beatport.com/#/daver | Resident Advisor - www.residentadvisor.net/dj/daverussell |
    Podcast - www.daverussell.podomatic.com | YouTube - www.youtube.com/user/DaveRuss66/videos | Facebook - www.facebook.com/daveruss66

    "I Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda ..." today, is likely the result of saying "F### it" yesterday

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •