Thread: WBLS hosting online tribute to Paradise Garage Legends of The Dancefloor

Cool WBLS hosting online tribute to Paradise Garage Legends of The Dancefloor

wbls in their desire to take on the generational era mantle of playing the music we all love is hosting the online debut of the documentary "Legends of The Dancefloor" hosted by Lenny Fontana and a plethera of other huge names in HOUSE MUSIC CULTURE. Just check out the new website wbls.com. WBLS is off to a good start in terms of expanding listenership to accrue those that were 98.7 KISS FM fans if this is a precursor of what's to come. KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!

We will see!

For the past few years, I've been listening to BLS while at work. Mostly as low-volume background noise, but once in a while they get me FEELING it. But I've noticed their daytime programming since the so-called merger this week has had more classic club music, and I'm LOVING it!
    You'll have to excuse me. I'm the product of a broken disco.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiew8 View Post
    for the past few years, i've been listening to bls while at work. Mostly as low-volume background noise, but once in a while they get me feeling it. But i've noticed their daytime programming since the so-called merger this week has had more classic club music, and i'm loving it!
    agreed my brother and i truly hope this is not a phase

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Timmy Richardson View Post
    Lenny Fontana?
    yup and this is not a debut. This was done last summer but played I think in he UK and was streamed on-line

I've been listening to their mid-day mixes and I've gotta say that Marley Marl has been bangin' em out much better than Kwa (sp?) has ever done on Kiss. Deeper selections and tighter mixes.
    http://cyberjamz.com 'DJ RAS! pres. the Fri. Night Dance Party' live 10pm-12am EST. http://soundcloud.com/djras2000. 'Have you ever danced with the devil under the pale moonlight? I just ask that of all my prey'- Jack Nicholson as the JOKER

Quote Originally Posted by RAS View Post
    I've been listening to their mid-day mixes and I've gotta say that Marley Marl has been bangin' em out much better than Kwa (sp?) has ever done on Kiss. Deeper selections and tighter mixes.
    Agreed. I've been FEELING the 12 noon mixes.
    You'll have to excuse me. I'm the product of a broken disco.

just turned from bls got 103. 9 on

ok the bs talking is killing me!!! stop it !!!

Ras, Do you remember when Marley would sometimes fill-in for Timmy Regisford mixing on BLS from 12mid to 2am on Satruday nites, Right after Marley's in-control hiphop show in 1989, My man, Infact, Marly, Fly-Ty and Magic used to hang at more than a few spots in New York that was catered to Dance music during the 80's, My man(Exhibit

A:Garage, Bentley's, Gothams, Levitivus, Pegasus, The Down-Under, Etc, My man), Ras, Marly came up under the tutulege of the Disco Twins(Hiphop legends from Astoria,Queens during the mid 70's to mid 80's, So Marly has a very good feel for dance music, Coming from a hiphop cat, My man).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Louie Vega was serving it up last night on BLS son

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barnes View Post
    Ras, Do you remember when Marley would sometimes fill-in for Timmy Regisford mixing on BLS from 12mid to 2am on Satruday nites, Right after Marley's in-control hiphop show in 1989, My man, Infact, Marly, Fly-Ty and Magic used to hang at more than a few spots in New York that was catered to Dance music during the 80's, My man(Exhibit

A:Garage, Bentley's, Gothams, Levitivus, Pegasus, The Down-Under, Etc, My man), Ras, Marly came up under the tutulege of the Disco Twins(Hiphop legends from Astoria,Queens during the mid 70's to mid 80's, So Marly has a very good feel for dance music, Coming from a hiphop cat, My man).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes
    Mike, unfortunately by that time I was forced to listen to limited college radio when I was going to school upstate. Damn I missed NYC radio back then.
    http://cyberjamz.com 'DJ RAS! pres. the Fri. Night Dance Party' live 10pm-12am EST. http://soundcloud.com/djras2000. 'Have you ever danced with the devil under the pale moonlight? I just ask that of all my prey'- Jack Nicholson as the JOKER