MIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[ December 14, 2003, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: YUJI-SAN ]

Originally posted by YUJI-SAN:
    track comes in at 17:43 and 19:33! THANKS IN ADVANCE! :D

MIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Get down - The dells
    Welcome to the club - Blue Magic
    both re-edits
    "The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can ‘throw the rascals out’ at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy."

by a William Jefferson Clinton hero Carroll Quigley – (from Tragedy & Hope)

Actually, I think the Dells is the LP version. It's on the "They Said It Couldn't Be Done, But We Did It" LP.

Ashley Beedle did an amazing reedit of "Welcome to the Club" that came out on Strut back in the winter of '99/00. After I first heard this mix and got hooked onto that cut, I thought it would be one of those things that I could never track down. Then of course, I wandered into the Yoshitoshi store and had a total freak out when I discovered the reedit. Why can't dance music sound like this anymore.....

After 4 years on this page, this is still one of my favorite mixes on this entire site. Another awesome moment is the Billy Paul "Only the Strong Survive" reedit @ ~25:00.

yo thanks DJ DUKE!

yo does anyone know the first two tracks one this one? Ron hardy mix

dunno about the first one, but the second one is apparently some unreleased Mr. Finger's cut entitled "You're Mine," the same one that jimmymack-2000 seems to find outdated and irrelevant. =)

[ December 14, 2003, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: eleeut ]

yo thanks DJ DUKE!

The first one is Ann Clark - Our Darkness......JMJ
    THE DHP KING OF EDITS

JMJ - Off The Deep End - Now on DHP Radio - Friday 3pm-5pm EST - http://dhpradio.com/jmj-off-the-deep-end.html
    Facebook me: facebook.com/kingofedits
    Podomatic me: http://jmjeditking.podomatic.com/
    Soundcloud me: http://soundcloud.com/jmj-edits

2007 & 2010 Deep House Fantasy Football Champion
    2011 & 2012 back-to-back DHP Fantasy Baseball Champion

Originally posted by eleeut:
    After 4 years on this page, this is still one of my favorite mixes on this entire site. Another awesome moment is the Billy Paul "Only the Strong Survive" reedit @ ~25:00.
    After 27 years in my life this is the best mix ive heard. I remember when i heard it for the first time. It was when this messageboard was green, this mix totaly blew me away. I still get goosebumps when i here that mix.

Originally posted by socratez:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by eleeut:
    After 27 years in my life this is the best mix ive heard. I remember when i heard it for the first time. It was when this messageboard was green, this mix totaly blew me away. I still get goosebumps when i here that mix. </font>[/QUOTE]believe me dude, i know what you mean.

RIP Ron Hardy

dunno about the first one, but the second one is apparently some unreleased Mr. Finger's cut entitled "You're Mine," the same one that jimmymack-2000 seems to find outdated and irrelevant. =)
    thanks idiot!

Originally posted by JMJ:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YUJI-SAN:
    yo thanks DJ DUKE!

The first one is Ann Clark - Our Darkness......JMJ </font>[/QUOTE]thanks J! that song is bad!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by eleeut:
    thanks idiot! </font>[/QUOTE]you're welcome, juji.

theres another ron hardy mix that has another even better "only the strong" reedit, jus cant remember which mix.. that edit is much cleaner and better arranged, I´ve been looking for it a few times but havent been able to find it.. maybe g-man put it down ?

same mix also has a great disco track I´ve never heard before with a refrain that goes something like "we care for love"?? (sung by males)

try find it [img]smile.gif[/img]
    love yourself and the rest will follow!

Bite me.
    "Tattooed men who are not behind bars are either latent criminals or degenerate aristocrats. If someone who is tattooed dies in freedom, then he does so a few years before he would have committed murder." -- Adolf Loos

And I didn't say it was "irrelevant"--I said that if this exact same track came out of Denmark on some techno lable in 2003, no one would care...

[ December 15, 2003, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: jimmymack-2000 ]
    "Tattooed men who are not behind bars are either latent criminals or degenerate aristocrats. If someone who is tattooed dies in freedom, then he does so a few years before he would have committed murder." -- Adolf Loos

yo jimmy, even if it did come out of Denmark, i'd take note of it. that's some seriously ill sh*t right there. wow, are you getting fueled because of this? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

as for that other Ron Hardy mix that John was referring to, i seem to remember it somewhere on this page at one point or another. it was a "2 sided" mix with Platinum Hook's "Give Me Time to Say" and a reedit of "Baby, You Got My Nose Open" on the side B segment. however, i've been searching for it in the archive and also haven't been able to find it again. maybe G did pull it.

Dude, Hardy was a pioneer as far as his disco edits. His edit of "Only The Strong Survive" is good, but Frankie Knuckles edit of the same is truly awesome!

Another great edit by Hardy is "You Saved My Day (Thank You, Thank You)". If you ever get a chance to hear it, you'll know what I mean! Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it's on one of the mixes listed on the page.

Originally posted by JMJ:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YUJI-SAN:
    yo thanks DJ DUKE!

The first one is Ann Clark - Our Darkness......JMJ </font>[/QUOTE]is this on Ink Records?

Originally posted by jimmymack-2000:
    And I didn't say it was "irrelevant"--I said that if this exact same track came out of Denmark on some techno lable in 2003, no one would care...
    No you didn't.You called it irrelevant.You said you did not see what the big deal was.remeber,you said it to me.It's ok,not looking for an argument with you,just stating what you said to me.