Thread: Notorious 1980's Drug Dealer arrested in New York City.

Notorious 1980's Drug Dealer arrested in New York City.

I'm very glad that Colleen Long(Reporter for the Associated Press), Spelled Corley's name right, Because they're are so many un-truth's in this article, In regards to Corley getting popped for drug trafficking this week in New York, Corley was one of the biggest kingpins on the drug circuit in New York during the early 80's thru the early 90's, Along with Corley being one of the elite status willy's on the drug circuit in Queens during the 80's with Fatcat, Supreme, Tommy Mickens,

The Feratudo Brothers(Lance,Todd and Tony), and Before he got popped for Drug Trafficking during the early 80's, Ronnie Bump from Hollis, Corley started out on the movin weight circuit in Queens in 1979(With Supreme, Lance and Tony Feratudo and a few years later around 1982, Fatcat, Corley was not down with the Supreme Team as the article states, Corley had his own crew in 40 Projects in Jamaica,Queens from 1979 thru the late 80's, Supreme had Baisley Projects(New

York Blvd and Foch Blvd in Jamaica,Queens), On-lock during the same time frame(Late 1979 thru the early 90's), Infact, Corley was the only cat who was movin mad weight in Queens during the 80's, To never get popped for drug trafficking in regards to Corley going upnorth for mad years like Supreme(Who is doing a Life's push at ADX Supermax Federal Prison in Coldorado, Along with Pap Mason(Who was Fatcats enforcer during the 80's who is doing life for multiple murders,

Especially the murders of two New York city police Officers, Officer Rooney who was Fatcats Parole Officer, Officer Rooney was killed in 1985 in Jamaica,Queens via Pap Mason, and, Officer Ed Brynes who was killed in 1989 via the orders of Pap Mason, Fatcat(Who will be coming home in 2026, Cats at Clinton Correctional

Facility, The same spot that Tupac was in during the mid 90's), Tommy(Tony Montana)Mickens, Who came home from Drug Trafficking and Tax Evasion charges in 2008, Prince(Who is doing a life without the possibility of Parole push upstate), Etc, Also, Corley was Jam-Master Jay's brother-in-law, Corley and Jay we're mad crew before Jay was popped in 2002 in his recording studio in Jamaica,Queens.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

NEW YORK (AP) — A notorious drug dealer who got his start during the crack epidemic of the 1980s and was so good at hiding his whereabouts that he was known as "the ghost" has been arrested along with dozens of others on new charges, police and prosecutors said Thursday.

James Corley, 51, was charged with criminal sale of a controlled substance and other drug charges after a 15-month undercover investigation that used wiretaps and surveillance, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly and Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said.

Forty-four other people were also charged with drug crimes in the dismantling of Corley's operation, known as the Supreme Team, and another drug gang, authorities said.

Corley supplied cocaine to a second gang called the South Side Bloods, and low-level dealers grossed about $15,000 a week in drug sales, Kelly said. Burned by a wiretap before, Corley used at least eight different phones, authorities said.

"He had an uncanny ability to keep his associates in the dark. No one knew where he lived, what phone number he used, what car he drove," Kelly said.

A call to Corley's lawyer wasn't immediately returned Thursday.

The case was pieced together by Detective David Leonardi, who said the dealers used a language called the "5 percenter" where every number and letter had its own word and members decoded messages about drug orders. The wiretaps also netted information on illegal guns and a possible killing in South Carolina.

Corley came of age during the crack era of the late 1980s and was an associate of the Supreme Team, which controlled housing projects and corners in Queens, the ground zero of the crack epidemic in New York. Crime was rampant; in 1990, the number of murders hit an all-time high of 2,245.

The Supreme Team was run by legendary gang leader Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff, who reputedly funneled drug money into rap music label Murder Inc. He's now serving life without parole for a pair of murders after a 2007 conviction.

It was a brutal drug gang that came out of the same Queens streets where platinum rappers 50 Cent and Ja Rule emerged years later. At its peak, the Supreme Team's network of dealers was making $200,000 a day, authorities said.

After McGriff did jail time on a drug conviction, he was released in 1997 and aligned himself with neighborhood friend and music mogul Irv "Gotti" Lorenzo. The one-time street thugs produced one film: "Crime Partners," a straight-to-video affair that featured Ja Rule, Snoop Dogg and Ice-T.

The Supreme Team was responsible for the shooting of NYPD Officer Edward Byrne in 1988, authorities said, but Corley wasn't charged in that killing. He was jailed once in the 1980s on drug charges, and was later convicted of manslaughter for beating to death a man he believed to be a police informant, and served more than three years, police said.

New York Police Department Capt. James Ryan said the takedown this week finally signaled the end of the remnants of the team that had terrorized Queens for decades.

"We feel it's pretty much dismantled now with Corley being taken out of the picture," he said. "It remains to be seen, we're always vigilant and we think this is the end of them."

Notorious 1980's Drug Dealer arrested in New York City:
    http://news.yahoo.com/notorious-1980...205622134.html
    Last edited by Mike Barnes; 05-18-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Mike...

They BUTCHERED this article!!

All they got right was his name....

The facts regarding "Wall" are sooo far off it makes you wonder if Law Enforcement has a "hidden" agenda against Supreme and the team and intentionally distorted the facts regarding "Wall".....

Bigscore(What's going on my man), I go way back with Corley when Corly, His man Lo(Kilo), And myself attented PS.40(Union Hall st and 109thave by 40 Projects), In 1967 when we we're all in the 3rd grade, So i most defnitely know Corley alot better than most cats and law enforcement officals false information on Corley, My man/LOL, Bigscore, We both know Corley was the far less talked about king-pin out of the cats who moved weight around the southside(Exhibit A:Fatcat, Supreme, Prince, The Feratudo

Brothers, Pap Mason, And even Tommy Mickens, Who was not from the Southside, Though, Tommy Mickens brought his weight from Lance and Tony Feratudo and Tommy Mickens moved his weight around his way in Laurelton and Cambria Heights,Rosedale, Queens Village and some parts of Hollis too during the mid to late 80's, My man, Infact, Corley was going thru cats pockets in the 3rd grade(Taking cats off for thier's, My man/LOL), So, I most definitely knew what Corley was going to amount to in life at a very early age(8 years of age, My man/LOL), BigScore, Though, I knew Corley very well, I was more cooler with Lo(Kilo), Because, Kilo used to play on the basketball circuit around Queens during the early to mid 70's, While we we're in Junior HS and Highschool during the early to mid 70's, Infact, Kilo was down with Cardozo in 1977, But, Al

Matican(Former legendary head coach for Cardoza during the late 60's to early 80's), Had to dismiss Kilo from the crew because Lo was stinging cats lockers during practice,
    My man/LOL, Lo was my man mad hard(Though, Lo was not a violent cat in his younger days at PS.40 and IS8, Lo became more violent during his HS years at Martin(August Martin then Lo transferred to Cardoza(At the request of his man Greg Fraction from 40 Projects in 1977), Infact/LOL, Lo was down with pistol whipping a cat for his sheepskin
    at a game at Cardoza in 1978, Lo and a few more cats from 40 Projects(Who shall remain nameless, My man/LOL), Ran up on this cat who was flossin an iced up sheepskin

And Ice(Gold Chain), And, Lo was down with pistol-whipping and throwing the cat down a flight of stairs after the game at Cardoza in 1978(The year Cardoza won the PSAL City championship over Morris HS from the Bronx, Featuring, Dave Crosby and Tom Ridley, Who we're both nice with their's, Though, Dave Crosby was the better of the two, Dave Crosby was 1st-team All PSAL(Public School), In 1978, Bigscore, I could go alot more harder than 50 cent and Ethan Brown(Author of Queens Reign Supreme), Could

Ever go in regards to information on Corley, Supreme(Who i met in 1975 when we both attended Francis Lewis HS in Flushing,Queens, My man), Kilo, Black Jus, Bimmie(Who is from Hollis, Though, Bimmie used to run with Supreme during the mid 80's to early 90's), Infact, Bimmie used to be on the basketball circuit in Queens during the early to mid 80's, Bimmie was down with Jackson when Boo Harvey, Doug(Drug/LOL)Harris, Ron Edwards, Etc, We're down with Jackson during the early to mid 80's, But, Bimmie was

Running with criminal cats from Hollis, Who we're running with Supreme and Prince, So Bimmie left from playing for Jackson to run with Supreme during the early/mid 80's, My man, Bigscore, Did you know my man Ty Wells and Head(Who we're both down with Corley during the early to late 80's, My man).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

More "Mis" information..

Cops bust 45 people in 'Supreme Team' crackdown
    By KIRSTAN CONLEY
    Last Updated: 9:52 PM, May 17, 2012
    Posted: 5:40 PM, May 17, 2012

Cops busted 45 suspected drug dealers and users during a huge, months-long Queens crackdown that also netted weapons and blow, authorities said today.
    This crackdown has been going on since late last year and culminated with the arrest of James “Wall” Corley a week ago yesterday, police said.
    Corley, 51, was a key figure in infamous the “Supreme Team” gang, which was a major player in the crack epidemic that tore apart New York in the 1980s. Remaining members of that gang have morphed into today’s Jamaica-based Southside Bloods, cops said.
    The Supreme Team was tied to the 1988 murder of NYPD officer Eddie Byrne, slain while he guarded a witness’ home in a marked patrol car. Corley’s drug-related arrest last week had no connection to Byrne’s murder, but cops said they were pleased to bring him down.

“While Corley was not charged in the murder of Eddie Byrne, generations of police officers will take no small satisfaction in the fact that an associate of his killers has been brought to justice,” Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said.
    The arrests included 25 gang members and dealers and 19 users, police said. One additional suspect fell into both categories.
    Cops seized 1.5 kilos of cocaine, more than 50 decks of heroin, marijuana, $70,000 cash, four handguns and an Intratec 9mm sub-machine gun.
    They also seized three machines, generally found in auto shops to bend metal.”Pressers” expel liquid from drugs so they can be packaged into easy-to-transport bricks.

"My man, Infact, Corley was going thru cats pockets in the 3rd grade"

Mike...

How did that saying go when a cat was gonna run thru someones pockets??

"All i find....All i keep?"

hahahahaha

Check your "messages" gonna send you a pic im sure it will take you back in time...
    Last edited by bigscore; 05-19-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Bigscore, Corley's had cats under pressure, Running it down to they're socks in 3rd and 4th grade(All i find, All i keep, Just up you're shit/LOL), Bigscore, Anybody from Queens during the 80's, Most definitely know that the Supreme-Team had nothing to do with Officer Ed Byrne catching 10 in the neck in 1988 around the Southside, My man(That nonsense was all Pap Mason and his crew from 40 Projects, Who are never coming home from that nonsense, My man), Bigscore, I

Remember reading an article on Supreme from the Daily news during the mid/late 90's, That stated that Supreme was upnorth in 1991-94, When i saw Supreme going into a store on Baisley Blvd at 1:00am saturday nite/Sunday Morning in 1992(Supreme held the door open for me to go in the store, I gave Supreme a pound and stepped into the store with 2 of my boys, So i most definitely know law enforcement has been feeding mad false information on Supreme, My man/LOL,

Bigscore, Maybe law enforcement is trying to locate that missing drug money that they could not locate and confiscate from cats like Corley, Supreme, Fatcat, Pap Mason, Prince, Tommy Mickens, Etc, From the 80's, In regards to the false information that law enforcement has been soupin up for the past 20 years about all of those cats, My man/LOL), Bigscore, My e-mail address is:barnes1500@yahoo.com, My man, Bigscore, When's the last time you built with you're man True and Born

Justice(Bj), Bigscore, Supreme had mad cats on the payroll from True's building in Baisley Projects during the 80's too, My man/LOL, Bigscore my man from around the way mentioned to me a few years ago, That Kenny Gershon(Former Head coach for Hillcrest HS during the 70's,80's,90's), Stated that True was the best cat that he(Kenny Gershon), Had ever coached in his 30 plus years at Hillcrest, My man, Though, I feel Dana Mitchell(6'3 cat from 40 Projects, Who played for

Hillcrest from 1972-1976), Was the best cat that i had ever seen play for Hillcrest, You're man True is a very close second, My man/LOL, Bigscore, Dana Mitchell played for Buffalo State(Low Division-11 school during the 1970's), Though, Dana Mitchell had major divison-1 talent(Like You're man True, Who should have went to a mad big-time school during the 80's, Though, True put in much work at St.Thomas aquinas in upstate New York during the mid to late 80's, True was just as

Nice as Kenny Patterson, True was nicer than Boo Harvey(Who i seen True Demolish at Brookville Park Pro-tournament during the summer of 1987, Infact, True cracked Boo Harvey and Mark Jackson's ass mad lovely during the same game at Brookville Park(Off of Sunrise Highway and Brookville Blvd, In Brookville,Long Island), In 1987, My man/LOL, Bigscore, You're man True has always been a very nice cat personally(No souped up attitude at all with his, My

Man), Bigscore, Me and my boys tried to get True to hangout with us at Zanzibar one night(We had just finished playing in mad games at Roosevelt Park in Roosevelt,Long Island that day in 1984, True, Stated that he was through(Mad tired), Though, I Don't know if True was built like that to hang with me and my boys the way we used to do it during the 80's in regards to partying(Especially after playing basketball all-day, Then, Go to spots like the Garage and Zanzibar and

Come out mad early in the morning(8:00am-9:00am at Zanzibar and 11:00am at the Garage on Saturday nite/sunday mornings at Zanzibar and Friday nites at the Garage), After going mad hard all-night at those spots too, My man/LOL), Bigscore, Did you see that clip of Prince's birthday throwdown at Encore in 1985, That was on the oldschool-hiphop Board in 2006(I put the clip on this board afew years ago, My man, Bigscore, That clip was a precursor for the

movie, 'New Jack City', In regards to criminal cats partying with celebrity cats(Mel and Cowboy we're performing onstage, While Busybee, LL-Cool J, Sweety-Gee, Etc, We're all at the place to be too, My man/LOL, Bigscore, I used to see Corley, Supreme, Fatcat, Kilo, Pap Mason, Spoon(Known in the basketball circuit as Luke, Who was down with Fatcat during the 80's, My man), Prince,Etc, At the Celebrity Club(Which was located on 125thst and 3rd ave,

Right next door to Dapper Dan's spot, My man/LOL), Bigscore, Corley, Supreme, Etc, Used to hang at Harlem World(116thst and Lenox ave in Harlem), alot too, My man, Bisgscore, Alot of cat do not know how well-known basketball cats like Kenny Smith(TNT basketball analyst), Mark Jackson(Head coach for The Golden

State Warriors), John Salley(Former Host of the Best Damn Sports show on Fox TV), Used to run with big-time willy's on the drug circuit in New York during the 80's, My man/LOL, Infact, Charlie Murphy was mad crew with Corley, Suprme, Kilo, Fatcat, Via Charlie Murphy and Eddie Murphy hanging at Encore during early to mid 80's(Especially when Ralph McDaniels from Video Music box days was mixing at Encore from 1980-1982, My man).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes
    Last edited by Mike Barnes; 05-21-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barnes View Post
    Bigscore, Corley's had cats under pressure, Running it down to they're socks in 3rd and 4th grade(All i find, All i keep, Just up you're shit/LOL), Bigscore, Anybody from Queens during the 80's, Most definitely know that the Supreme-Team had nothing to do with Officer Ed Byrne catching 10 in the neck in 1988 around the Southside, My man(That nonsense was all Pap Mason and his crew from 40 Projects, Who are never coming home from that nonsense, My man), Bigscore, I

Remember reading an article on Supreme from the Daily news during the mid/late 90's, That stated that Supreme was upnorth in 1991-94, When i saw Supreme going into a store on Baisley Blvd at 1:00am saturday nite/Sunday Morning in 1992(Supreme held the door open for me to go in the store, I gave Supreme a pound and stepped into the store with 2 of my boys, So i most definitely know law enforcement has been feeding mad false information on Supreme, My man/LOL,

Bigscore, Maybe law enforcement is trying to locate that missing drug money that they could not locate and confiscate from cats like Corley, Supreme, Fatcat, Pap Mason, Prince, Tommy Mickens, Etc, From the 80's, In regards to the false information that law enforcement has been soupin up for the past 20 years about all of those cats, My man/LOL), Bigscore, My e-mail address is:barnes1500@yahoo.com, My man, Bigscore, When's the last time you built with you're man True and Born

Justice(Bj), Bigscore, Supreme had mad cats on the payroll from True's building in Baisley Projects during the 80's too, My man/LOL, Bigscore my man from around the way mentioned to me a few years ago, That Kenny Gershon(Former Head coach for Hillcrest HS during the 70's,80's,90's), Stated that True was the best cat that he(Kenny Gershon), Had ever coached in his 30 plus years at Hillcrest, My man, Though, I feel Dana Mitchell(6'3 cat from 40 Projects, Who played for

Hillcrest from 1972-1976), Was the best cat that i had ever seen play for Hillcrest, You're man True is a very close second, My man/LOL, Bigscore, Dana Mitchell played for Buffalo State(Low Division-11 school during the 1970's), Though, Dana Mitchell had major divison-1 talent(Like You're man True, Who should have went to a mad big-time school during the 80's, Though, True put in much work at St.Thomas aquinas in upstate New York during the mid to late 80's, True was just as

Nice as Kenny Patterson, True was nicer than Boo Harvey(Who i seen True Demolish at Brookville Park Pro-tournament during the summer of 1987, Infact, True cracked Boo Harvey and Mark Jackson's ass mad lovely during the same game at Brookville Park(Off of Sunrise Highway and Brookville Blvd, In Brookville,Long Island), In 1987, My man/LOL, Bigscore, You're man True has always been a very nice cat personally(No souped up attitude at all with his, My

Man), Bigscore, Me and my boys tried to get True to hangout with us at Zanzibar one night(We had just finished playing in mad games at Roosevelt Park in Roosevelt,Long Island that day in 1984, True, Stated that he was through(Mad tired), Though, I Don't know if True was built like that to hang with me and my boys the way we used to do it during the 80's in regards to partying(Especially after playing basketball all-day, Then, Go to spots like the Garage and Zanzibar and

Come out mad early in the morning(8:00am-9:00am at Zanzibar and 11:00am at the Garage on Saturday nite/sunday mornings at Zanzibar and Friday nites at the Garage), After going mad hard all-night at those spots too, My man/LOL), Bigscore, Did you see that clip of Prince's birthday throwdown at Encore in 1985, That was on the oldschool-hiphop Board in 2006(I put the clip on this board afew years ago, My man, Bigscore, That clip was a precursor for the

movie, 'New Jack City', In regards to criminal cats partying with celebrity cats(Mel and Cowboy we're performing onstage, While Busybee, LL-Cool J, Sweety-Gee, Etc, We're all at the place to be too, My man/LOL, Bigscore, I used to see Corley, Supreme, Fatcat, Kilo, Pap Mason, Spoon(Known in the basketball circuit as Luke, Who was down with Fatcat during the 80's, My man), Prince,Etc, At the Celebrity Club(Which was located on 125thst and 3rd ave,

Right next door to Dapper Dan's spot, My man/LOL), Bigscore, Corley, Supreme, Etc, Used to hang at Harlem World(116thst and Lenox ave in Harlem), alot too, My man, Bisgscore, Alot of cat do not know how well-known basketball cats like Kenny Smith(TNT basketball analyst), Mark Jackson(Head coach for The Golden

State Warriors), John Salley(Former Host of the Best Damn Sports show on Fox TV), Used to run with big-time willy's on the drug circuit in New York during the 80's, My man/LOL, Infact, Charlie Murphy was mad crew with Corley, Suprme, Kilo, Fatcat, Via Charlie Murphy and Eddie Murphy hanging at Encore during early to mid 80's(Especially when Ralph McDaniels from Video Music box days was mixing at Encore from 1980-1982, My man).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Mike, did they get Kilo too? What about Reggie, Butch & nem? I haven't been around there in years, so I'm outta touch with the goings on. I know his cousins & uncle out my way. Maybe they know something.

Actually, I ran into my man Saturday, who was out there in the day. He'll know better than his cousins would.

Jcapeverde, I'll have to make some calls to cats around the way, To find out if Kilo was popped too, My man(I haven't been around the way in years too, My man/LOL, Jcapeverde, Just going by the article, Corley was popped(Unless Kilo is on the run and law enforcement is putting false information on the streets to get the streets to talk, My man), Jcapeverde, I'm don't recall Reggie and Butch(Unless those cats went by street names or righteous names, My man/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

wow !! The Supreme Team.. thx MIKE !!! this team was no joke.Dont ya think they are 20 yrs too late on some of these arrest? LOL
    The House of Soul - Sammy Rock and Dj Housecat Podcast Page
    http://souloasis.cyberjamz.com/
    Twitter http://bit.ly/5Yfzle
    FB - Cyberjamz Fan Pagehttp://bit.ly/4z3wni
    Cyberjamz Radio Show every Monday from 9am - 2pm est
    http://cyberjamz.com

Sammy, Law enforcement allowed Corley, Fatcat, Supreme, Tommy Mickens, Ronnie Bump, Etc, To move weight around the way in Southeast Queens to destroy the community, My man(The Government was collaborating with the Mafia since 1946 in regards to creating a plan to destroy the fiber of the black community, And that plan has worked perfectly thru the decades and continue to work thru the years, Though, Their's no money out there in regards to movin weight like it used t be, When Willy's we're holdin $300-G's a day, Which is no big money compared to other cities, But, New York is mad big, So a crew or cat holdin 300-G's from drug spots in Queens, Brooklyn

Manhattan, Staten Island, Bronx, Long Island, Etc, 300-G's is a very good take home pay for a cat or crew, During the 80's, My man(Sammy, If cats we're to go mad hard movin weight, Bigtime kingpins could have been holdin 500-G's a day and i'm very sure they're we're cats getting money like that in the 80's in New York, Because the streets we're raining money during the 1980's in New York, My man/LOL, Sammy, The governement did not need Co-In-tel Pro to destroy the community, The Drug game supplied the

Needs to kill any type of comradarie and hope and positive spirit that the community had embraced going back to the early 1900's in New York, My man, Sammy, That's why when cats feel that i'm glamorizing criminal cats on previous threads through the years, I build about how cats we're truley living(This is not no TV show like the Wire, Because the true consquences when movin weight does not provide a true kingpin to go home for the night as the Wire's TV show will do, When the camera's stop rolling for the day or

Night, My man/LOL, Sammy, Supreme was the first cat that i knew of who was pushing a bullet proof BMW during the mid 80's My man(The only criminal cat that i heard of pushing a bullet proof car was Al Capone during the mid 20's to mid 30's in Chicago(Though, Al Capone's from Brooklyn, My man/LOL),BigScore, Jacapeverde, Cats like AZ, Rich Porter, and Po(Alpo), We're mad crew with Corley, Fatcat, Supreme, Prince, Pap Mason, Black Jus, The Feratudo BrothersEtc, Infact, AZ, Rich Porter, Po, used to come around

40 Projects to check out Corley on a regular basis during the mid 80's(Before AZ caught 9 in the body and 2 in the head from that nonsense in the Bronx ,When one of the Bolden Brothers(Legendary stickup kid crew from the Bronx during the 70's and 80's), Ran up on AZ to take AZ off in 1987, My man, Sammy, They're we're more than a few mad ferocious drug crews during the 80's in New York, Though, From where i'm sittin, The most ferocious cats on the Drug Circuit during the 80's in New York, We're the Supreme-Team and Fatcats crew, My man.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes
    Last edited by Mike Barnes; 05-21-2012 at 06:17 PM.