Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shawn Kemp Hall of famer?

Shawn Kemp Hall of famer?

Is Shawn Kemp Hall of fame worthy(I say yes, Because money put in much work for at least 7 years including the playoffs during his tenure in the NBA), If Gary Payton gets into the hall of fame(Which he has stated will happen on the first ballot/LOL), Shawn Kemp most definitely deserves to get into the hall of fame on the first ballot too.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Shawn Kemp's statistics(Which i go to just in-case cats don't believe me/LOL)
    6 NBA All-Star (19931998)
    3 All-NBA Second Team (19941996)

Career NBA statistics

15,347 (14.6 ppg)

Rebounds

8,834 (8.4 rpg)

Blocks

1,279 (1.2 bpg)

Stats at Basketball-Reference.com

World Championships

Gold(United States Olympic crew in the 1994 FIBA World Championship in Toronto,Canada

yes

Yep. And my man had dunks that was poster child for dunks now, Strength on flushing.
    Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

Tony, Shawn Kemp played like an oldschool horse with present day ups(Jumping ability), My man/LOL, Shawn Kemp was one of the very few horses during the 90's who would give mad cats old-school drop-step moves to the hole(Along with Tim Duncan, Akeem and Alonzo Mourning, My man), I always loved Shawn Kemp's game because money(Shawn Kemp), Was a throwback to the 70's type of horse with a city attitude and country ups, My man/LOL, Tony, Shawn Kemp was carrying

The Seattle Supersonics on his back during the early to late 90's(With the help of Gary Payton, Detlef Schramf, Sam Perkins, Etc), Though, Shawn Kemp was most definitely option number 1 with the Seattle crew during the 90's, My man.

Much Repect
    Mike Barnes

Shawn Kemp's highlights(Book 1/LOL)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OPvh7jdeeo

Shawn Kemp hightlights(Book 2/LOL)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xiEp...eature=related

Shawn Kemp hightlights(Book 3/LOL)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_pXz...eature=related

Shawn Kemp highlights(Book 4/LOL)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTPV2...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barnes View Post
    Tony, Shawn Kemp played like an oldschool horse with present day ups(Jumping ability), My man/LOL, Shawn Kemp was one of the very few horses during the 90's who would give mad cats old-school drop-step moves to the hole(Along with Tim Duncan, Akeem and Alonzo Mourning, My man), I always loved Shawn Kemp's game because money(Shawn Kemp), Was a throwback to the 70's type of horse with a city attitude and country ups, My man/LOL, Tony, Shawn Kemp was carrying

The Seattle Supersonics on his back during the early to late 90's(With the help of Gary Payton, Detlef Schramf, Sam Perkins, Etc), Though, Shawn Kemp was most definitely option number 1 with the Seattle crew during the 90's, My man.

Much Repect
    Mike Barnes

Shawn Kemp's highlights(Book 1/LOL)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OPvh7jdeeo

Shawn Kemp hightlights(Book 2/LOL)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xiEp...eature=related

Shawn Kemp hightlights(Book 3/LOL)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_pXz...eature=related

Shawn Kemp highlights(Book 4/LOL)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTPV2...eature=related
    Mike is Allen Iverson worthy...? I said yes to him.
    Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

i don't know about this one, heckuva player, physically gifted, went hard, but no rings, no moment of transcendence that did not involve soaring to the cup, the nba standard for the hall is pretty low, so, he probably gets in

Usually I dont fuck with the stats but you had me scratching my head???? I'm at work discussing over the BEER COOLER and if JAMAAL WILKES
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...wilkeja01.html
    and his stats can make it then SHIT is Getting Kinga (long beer swallow after a GIN shot) Hectic. the NBA aina shit no more.
    I'm the Man that is sittin next to the man sittin next to the man that is sittin next to man sittin next to the GOD DAME man that called your Piccolo Player
    a Mutha Fucka.....Now WHAT???

so i thought about it and my vote is no, his strongest argument is six seasons of double digit rebounds, but, with his gifts kemp is an underachiever and for his career self destructive, compare him to recent inductees rodman and mullins, two cats that were overachievers and rodmans defense and rebounding stats are ridiculous in comparison

Hall of the very good, had hall of fame talent, but he is not a hall of famer.....

Ain't no doubt about GP, but Shawn Kemp, hell naw
    http://www.nubangclan.com
    http://www.myspace.com/warriornbc

Your sins are the only interesting thing about you dreary bleak muthaf***s - Doug Stanhope

From the streets of Brooklyn, living in the burbs of Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck P View Post
    Hall of the very good, had hall of fame talent, but he is not a hall of famer.....
    This. Loved the dude but nah.
    The BK Show - Hosted by DJ Val Thursday's 8 PM www.DHPradio.com

The BK Show - Hosted by DJ Val Monday's 8 PM (Bi-Weekly) www.CyberJamz.com

http://djval-bkny11203.podOmatic.com

http://soundcloud.com/djval_bkny11203

2013 Deep House Fantasy Football Champion

Mike: Shawn Kemp isn't a Hall of Famer! Similar stats to Chris Webber 17,182 points - 8,124 rebounds
    Honorable Mention - Bernard King 19,655 points - 5,060 rebounds

You've to look at these two players for an idea of Hall of Fame worthy from their statistics.

Pumas, Allen Iverson should be voted into the hall of fame next week(From where i'm sittin, My man/LOL), Pumas, Hopefully, They're isn't someone who feels that Allen Iverson should not be in the hall of fame(I know their's someone out there who will state that Allen Iverson was a nut/took alot of shots, Allen Iverson never winning a championship, Allen Iverson being mad un-disciplined in his lifestyle, Etc), But, I most definitely do not see no way Allen Iverson is not voted into the hall

Of fame(Why vote that shit for the work money put in playing with 4 cats and 2 young ladies from this board, My man/LOL), Mark(MHD), What did Chris Mullin under-achieve in regarding you're prior comments on Chris Mullin being an under-achiever, My man(Mark, You stated earlier that Shawn Kemp, 'Went hard', So

What we're the elements of Shawn Kemp's bag, That you feel Shawn Kemp did not or fail to excel in, My man), Fred, Gary Payton will get inducted into the Hall of fame(First ballot/LOL), Fred, Do you feel you're man Gary Payton was better than Michael Ray Richardson(Both in they're primes, My man).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Delmar, Jamaal Wilkes scored less points than Shawn Kemp thru-out they're careers in the NBA, Though, The only reason why Jammal Wilkes was elected into the hall of fame was money won 4 championships(Cats forget Jammal Wilkes was down with the 1975 Golden State Warriors crew featuring, Rick Barry, Phil Smith, Gus Williams, Charles Johnson, Sonny Parker, Etc), Along with Jammal Wilkes giving the Philadelphia 76'ers 37 during game 6 of the 1980 NBA champion finals

(Which to me, Put Jammal Wilkes in a very good position to get into the hall of fame, Just off of that game, My man), Delmar, The more i see certain cats get into the hall of fame, The more i see the best cats of all-time in the game of basketball are not in the hall of fame, My man/LOL.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes
    Last edited by Mike Barnes; 10-09-2012 at 03:46 PM.

I agree with you 100%, Mike! Great reference of "Silk!" There are players in the NBA who deserve H.O.F. status based on borderline statistics. Too many to name but interesting topic, indeed!

Pumas, Allen Iverson should be voted into the hall of fame next week(From where i'm sittin, My man/LOL), Pumas, Hopefully, They're isn't someone who feels that Allen Iverson should not be in the hall of fame(I know their's someone out there who will state that Allen Iverson was a nut/took alot of shots, Allen Iverson never winning a championship, Allen Iverson being mad un-disciplined in his lifestyle, Etc), But, I most definitely do not see no way Allen Iverson is not voted into the hall

Of fame(Why vote that shit for the work money put in playing with 4 cats and 2 young ladies from this board, My man/LOL), Mark(MHD), What did Chris Mullin under-achieve in regarding you're prior comments on Chris Mullin being an under-achiever, My man(Mark, You stated earlier that Shawn Kemp, 'Went hard', So

What we're the elements of Shawn Kemp's bag, That you feel Shawn Kemp did not or fail to excel in, My man), Fred, Gary Payton will get inducted into the Hall of fame(First ballot/LOL), Fred, Do you feel you're man Gary Payton was better than Michael Ray Richardson(Both in they're primes, My man).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes
    Mike, for kemp to reach the HOF, six seasons of 20 and 10 are not enough, especially with all the crazy stuff that went on with him during his career, ripping off the coaches son at kentucky, no rings, only one year where you truly attacked the possibility of a ring, being your own worst enemy, 17 plus kids, being overweight was your biggest opponent, addiction, now when it comes to rodman you know what he could do, you remember the plays, the defense, the rebounds, the heart, with kemp it was all about the dunks, was he a good defender? passer, shot blocker? with his gifts he should have done more, instead he did less. as for chris mullins, i called him an overachiever because he pretty much maxed out his talent, no rings, no serious threat to get a ring but he got gold medals instead

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes
    Yes, no question, GP was the premier defensive quard at his position, and I maintain that had George Karl not punked out and had GP guarding Michael Jordan, that Seattle -Bulls championship might have been different, and actually Sean Kemp was wearing Dennis Rodman's ass out in that series
    http://www.nubangclan.com
    http://www.myspace.com/warriornbc

Your sins are the only interesting thing about you dreary bleak muthaf***s - Doug Stanhope

Remember that Three Stooges episode, when they found a bag of cash, and Curly is counting it out. "One hunnad...two hunnad...tree hunnad...a fifty?! How'd that get in there?!" And then he balls up the 50 spot and throws it across the room?

That's my image of these debates about anyone else getting in the hall? "A Kemp? How'd that get in there?!"

Mark(MHD), I feel Shawn Kemp should have done alot more with his talent too(Along with Derrick Coleman, Chris Webber, Rasheed Wallace, Chuck Person, Stephon Marbury, Kenny Anderson, Rod Strickland, Jamal Mashburn, Al King, Lloyd Daniels, Rafer Alston, Etc), Though, The vast amount of cats who have reached the hall of fame in regards to production, Matches up with the work that Shawn Kemp has put in during his NBA tenure, My man(Exhibit A:Jammal

Wilkes, Chet Walker, Mel Daniels, Gus Johnson, Jerry Lucas, Ralph Sampson, Etc), Mark, The off the court nonsense that Shawn Kemp has displayed should not be an hinderance in regards to Shawn Kemp's production on the court, My man(We both know this, Because, If you feel Shawn Kemp should not get voted into the hall of fame because of Shawn Kemp's un-disciplined lifestyle, Then, I'm very sure you would agree that Allen Iverson should most definitely not get into the hall of fame too, My man/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Fred, You did not answer my question that i posed to you in regards to if you feel Gary Payton was better than Michael Ray Richardson(Both posessed the same talents on offense and defense, Both we're the premier defenders in the NBA during they're tenures, Both could score, Both could run a crew, Etc, Also, Fred, Gary Payton was checking Michael Jordan more than a few times during the 1996 NBA finals(Michael Jordan was letting Hersey Hawkins have it mad lovely,

Though, Nate McMillian stated if he we're not injured during the championship series, Seattle would have won and Michael Jordan was laughing at that MF for poppin that nonsense, Because Nate McMillian was poppin mad nonsense about himself(Nate McMillian), Holdin Michael Jordan to no dribbles(Mad locked up), For the whole series, My man/LOL.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Without question in my book....Rain Man deserves to be in the HOF...

Mark(MHD), I feel Shawn Kemp should have done alot more with his talent too(Along with Derrick Coleman, Chris Webber, Rasheed Wallace, Chuck Person, Stephon Marbury, Kenny Anderson, Rod Strickland, Jamal Mashburn, Al King, Lloyd Daniels, Rafer Alston, Etc), Though, The vast amount of cats who have reached the hall of fame in regards to production, Matches up with the work that Shawn Kemp has put in during his NBA tenure, My man(Exhibit A:Jammal

Wilkes, Chet Walker, Mel Daniels, Gus Johnson, Jerry Lucas, Ralph Sampson, Etc), Mark, The off the court nonsense that Shawn Kemp has displayed should not be an hinderance in regards to Shawn Kemp's production on the court, My man(We both know this, Because, If you feel Shawn Kemp should not get voted into the hall of fame because of Shawn Kemp's un-disciplined lifestyle, Then, I'm very sure you would agree that Allen Iverson should most definitely not get into the hall of fame too, My man/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes
    Great points Mike, especially about cats that should have done more, which goes to show you how hard it is to excel in the league, but, you bring up Rasheed, do you think he should be in the HOF? I think he should be in, though a head case, he was multitalented and was the missing piece for a ring in Detroit. As for off court, unlike baseball, off the court does not matter as much in the nba, or so it seems, AI off the court was off the hook, but, he did more, way more than shawn kemp did in his career, kemp's off the court activities killed his productivity and his career

Quote Originally Posted by mhd View Post
    Great points Mike, especially about cats that should have done more, which goes to show you how hard it is to excel in the league, but, you bring up Rasheed, do you think he should be in the HOF? I think he should be in, though a head case, he was multitalented and was the missing piece for a ring in Detroit. As for off court, unlike baseball, off the court does not matter as much in the nba, or so it seems, AI off the court was off the hook, but, he did more, way more than shawn kemp did in his career, kemp's off the court activities killed his productivity and his career
    Ok - so I have a question: what is your take on ring chasers and whether that should factor in the decision to nominate them for the HOF.

Jordan stayed put, as did Pippen and they BROUGHT rings to their team. Rodman bounced around the league until Chicago picked him up cheap and he found himself integral in a rebuilding effort that led to 3 straight rings and the winningest record in the NBA at the time. Kobe Bryant stayed put, got rings with O'Neal and then participated in a rebuilding that got him 4 rings as the leader of the Lakers. Olajuwon, same thing, as is the case with Tim Duncan.

Then you have these cats who got close with their own teams, then jumped ship to a team who could use their talents to win rings, ala Rasheed Wallace. Even Lebron James's move to Miami seems suspect in this case.

So, if it's me, I favor guys who laid roots down on a squad and endured getting close until they learned how to win. Am I just being unreasonable? (I will admit that Chicago is the gold standard for me. I will step outside and fight someone over Jim McMahon being included in the best QBs in NFL history, so you can tell I'm a loyalist/biased.)
    Last edited by Daniel, Grand Duke of Stony Island; 10-09-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel, Grand Duke of Stony Island View Post
    Ok - so I have a question: what is your take on ring chasers and whether that should factor in the decision to nominate them for the HOF.

Jordan stayed put, as did Pippen and they BROUGHT rings to their team. Rodman bounced around the league until Chicago picked him up cheap and he found himself integral in a rebuilding effort that led to 3 straight rings and the winningest record in the NBA at the time. Kobe Bryant stayed put, got rings with O'Neal and then participated in a rebuilding that got him 4 rings as the leader of the Lakers. Olajuwon, same thing, as is the case with Tim Duncan.

Then you have these cats who got close with their own teams, then jumped ship to a team who could use their talents to win rings, ala Rasheed Wallace. Even Lebron James's move to Miami seems suspect in this case.

So, if it's me, I favor guys who laid roots down on a squad and endured getting close until they learned how to win. Am I just being unreasonable? (I will admit that Chicago is the gold standard for me. I will step outside and fight someone over Jim McMahon being included in the best QBs in NFL history, so you can tell I'm a loyalist/biased.)
    I'm the same way, I'm not so much in favor of ring chasers or mercenary type cats, but, with free agency and salary caps that's going to happen more and more, look at okc, they put together a brilliant squad but can't keep them together. in the nba there is such a huge premium on cats winning a ring because it does shut down the convo, rasheed, like derrick coleman were supremely talented cats at the 4 that could do it all, you could show tapes of rasheed and how to defend the low post, both cats had perfect form on the J, but it took age to finally give rasheed a ring, (shoulda got one in portland too though). Like bill walton and quinn buckner and ron harper cats past their prime that got rings, i'm cool with it, because, it was precisely their seniority, maturity and gravitas that contributed to their squad winning a championship, which was precisely what was missing from lebron in cleveland

Flat out NO!!!! Who's next Rex Chapman???.lol!!