Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: My book project is coming along well

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Jefferson View Post
    Yep, both Jesse and Vince left just before spring of 1986-right after they both got major label deals with Geffen.
    In 1986, I was playing @ TS1 in Atlanta from the spring until the end of the summer. If a background check was done on my employment, the name Childress Construction will pop up as a previous employer during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    I don't believe that Jesse left for good until at least 1986 - he was regularly supplying me and the WGCI crew with new releases right out of the trunk of his car, and that was 1985 and 86......JMJ
    True. Although Jesse attended U.S.C. In LA for a year in '80-'81. House music trivia, what did he go there to study? Lol. Forget it, you'll never guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LEONARD REMIX RROY View Post
    I don't know if anyone ever really considered the power you have at your disposal. For the sake of argument, if you were to branch off and do your own thing, many a Chicago DJ would be blowing up your phone to be part of that. Not saying anything against TCF mind you but, you have built a repoire with Chicago DJ's that the other members have not. No tear down to TCF, just a fact.
    I don't know about all that but thanks. Many people have asked why I don't trade off the Obama thing to advance my DJ career. Just not something I'm going to do. I have given him and Michelle mix CDs but I don't even talk about that. Oops, did I say that out loud?

Quote Originally Posted by AK View Post
    True. Although Jesse attended U.S.C. In LA for a year in '80-'81. House music trivia, what did he go there to study? Lol. Forget it, you'll never guess.
    I wouldn't know that, same as nobody would know when & how long I attended South Suburban college...unless they work for the V.A. and can pull my veterans records to determine how many months I have left if I utilize my G.I. Bill to attend college for free and get $1500 a month just because I am in school.

This publication is in chronological order and contains proof that a number of statements that were made by various people are inconsistent or contradict the truth. A rear side photo of a Music Box membership card that was issued in 1983 at the 16th & Indiana location. That image has never been available via internet image searches. It is the life story of DJ Leonard "Remix" Rroy and a clear truth about the history of House Music.

Kindle version is available on Amazon $8.95 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B1LHKC8

The down button gives two choices of purchase.
    Autographed or non-autographed copies.

Domestic Price + Shiping per book

International Price + Shiping per book

Last edited by LEONARD REMIX RROY; 01-23-2013 at 12:41 PM.

bump

will make a purchase within 30 days bro! can't wait to read it

Quote Originally Posted by old disco jock View Post
    will make a purchase within 30 days bro! can't wait to read it
    Thanks!!!

All paperback editions that were ordered have been shipped and will arrive no later than Friday, international orders will take a few days longer.

***Updated International Shipping Fee***

The fee is $7.00 USD

Finished reading, enjoyed it and learned things that would never have been mentioned anywhere else. Couple of typos here and there dont know if that was the digital translation of if printed version will have them as well. Def worth the read and entertaining, straight forward not trying to have a whole story aspect to it more like a conversation but yet story like.

Hope you get a lot of purchases from this and some positive exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbull View Post
    Finished reading, enjoyed it and learned things that would never have been mentioned anywhere else. Couple of typos here and there dont know if that was the digital translation of if printed version will have them as well. Def worth the read and entertaining, straight forward not trying to have a whole story aspect to it more like a conversation but yet story like.

Hope you get a lot of purchases from this and some positive exposure.
    Thanks! I did try to make this a non-bore of a read.

The woman I wrote about "Theodoria J. Landing" of Teddy Bear Productions, passed away 16 hours ago in Jackson Ms. Lost the bout with cancer. New Years Day, the whole family was with her on a riverboat and they were having a blast. 5 days later she suffered kidney failure, became unaware of her suroundings, went into a coma and shortly after, passed away. She wrote a song many years ago. Her son and Lidell Townsend (Nu Nu) went into the studio and made a House version of her song.

I am really glad that she and I spent the hours on the phone that we spent in December.

Congrats on this project Leonard. Great to see this get done.

Just saw Robbi's promo thread for this. What was the Danny Krivit controversy? LOL, or is that all in the book?

For purchase of paperback books in the U.S.A. $13.95 + S&H CLICK HERE

For an Autographed Copy paperback in the U.S.A. $18.95 + S&M CLICK HERE

For purchase of paperback books (((International))) $13.95 + $7.00 USD S&H
    International Autographed copy $18.95 + $7.00 USD S&H CLICK HERE

For an International standard copy CLICK HERE

Kindle version is available on Amazon for $8.95 CLICK HERE

For the first time, the story of House is written in chronological order and presents a true history of House, it's music & it's culture in Chicago.

Facts that do not appear in any other book or documentary has caused a fire storm! The words of DJ Danny Krivit were even proven to be lies. All previous works do not state the true origin of House in chronological order or, contain the accurate dates of club openings or closings in Chicago. The accuracy of facts written in this book, shocked Chicago Musician / Producer / DJ Marshall Jefferson after he did personal research and found the statements in this book to be true.

This book contains the names of Chicago DJ's and others that assisted in the building of House but, have went unmentioned in all past publications. "From The Root To The Fruit of House Music" is the unselfish book of truth that tells the real story and will in-turn, change the history of House as the world know it today!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Paradise View Post
    Congrats on this project Leonard. Great to see this get done.

Just saw Robbi's promo thread for this. What was the Danny Krivit controversy? LOL, or is that all in the book?
    The Danny Krivit controversy is detailed in the book.

WOW!!! One person (no I am not naming names) placed an order for 5 autographed copies of my book. OMG!!!

WOW!!! One person (no I am not naming names) placed an order for 5 autographed copies of my book. OMG!!!

i'm almost through it. really really enjoying it. love how you wrote it. i'm going to be grabbing a couple more copies for a couple buddies of mine that i consider my mentors of house music.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouth View Post
    i'm almost through it. really really enjoying it. love how you wrote it. i'm going to be grabbing a couple more copies for a couple buddies of mine that i consider my mentors of house music.
    That arrived rather quick. I thought shipping took 5 - 7 days after purchase. Well, you can do a estimated arrival time on your next shipment. Thanks for the support!!!

I so love my haters from Chicago. The truth in my book is taking down all who they idolized in this thing we call House.

http://dancetilyouredead.com/2013/01.../#comment-1360

Word on Chicago streets is,
    some people who are dis-pleased about me doing this book.
    Lot's of trash talk going on at parties as of me and
    Who Do I Think I Am.

I guess I have the attention of the powers that be in Chicago.

What are they afraid of? The truth?

People can not go back 20 years and change a single thing they have said on the record as of House Music.

All I can say is...ain't no fun when the Rabbit got the gun!
    I wonder how many of em are wishing they had a time machine so, they could go back to 1980 and make their history the truth? Flux Capacitor Fluxing

First, there was the burning bush

GIFSoup

Now, there is the burning book

Read the truth that has aggravated the inner circle of the most high as of House in Chicago.

just ordered ;)

Cool

ordered a copy
    Check out the Collective Rhythm Network every Monday 9 - 10:30 pm est at http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca or on 93.3 fm in the Hamilton area.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Freddy Fender View Post
    just ordered ;)
    Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    ordered a copy
    Thanks!!! It is enroute!