Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DHP Financial post of the week: Helping out family members

My wife, mother, brother and I are in the process of creating an investment club.

Recently, my family had to "pass the hat" for a couple of family members that passsed on. Nothing saved, no insurance policy and their children had nothing to pull from to make arrangements. They all are very poor. We could not believe in 2003 this is STILL THE NORM.

Seeing this we made sure that will never happen to us. Also, time for the family to stop living check to check. Planned retirement. A little charity here and there. TIME TO HELP EACH OTHER HELP OURSELVES.
    "I'm so tired of you black people walking round looking evil like that's gonna change something."
    -Dick Gregory.

Originally posted by Silhouette:
    My wife, mother, brother and I are in the process of creating an investment club.

Recently, my family had to "pass the hat" for a couple of family members that passsed on. Nothing saved, no insurance policy and their children had nothing to pull from to make arrangements. They all are very poor. We could not believe in 2003 this is STILL THE NORM.

Seeing this we made sure that will never happen to us. Also, time for the family to stop living check to check. Planned retirement. A little charity here and there. TIME TO HELP EACH OTHER HELP OURSELVES.
    Yeah, I'd like to do something like this. I even suggested we start with some of the money our mom left us, but it never went anywhere because we are some broke-ass people.

Originally posted by Wild i:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Silhouette:

Yeah, I'd like to do something like this. I even suggested we start with some of the money our mom left us, but it never went anywhere because we are some broke-ass people. </font>[/QUOTE]It was hard to convince my younger brother. He loves to party alot and any other stuff that accumulates debt. I did my research and presented to him in a way, that he slowed down his activities a little, putting a little money away month. It also helps him seeing me closeout 3 credit cards and 2 large bills. The best way to show him was by teaching him about risk and compound earnings.

Check out:

www.buyandhold.com
    "I'm so tired of you black people walking round looking evil like that's gonna change something."
    -Dick Gregory.

Originally posted by mhd:
    well, for my family, i have paid downpayments for houses, cars, college tuition, mortgage, rent, etc. and general financial assistance. if i got it i give it, because i would not have it if it were not for the love and support of my family. last summer, i hired four family members to work for me, two of them were living with me rent free. money is a tool, and once you figure out how to make it you realize that you will always be able to make money, i try to not get too caught up on loving money.

as for deadbeat relatives, try teaching them how to make their own dough instead of always coming to you, the old saying, teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime comes to mind
    I consider us family. I've got my eye on this new Lexus sports car that just came out. It would really mean a lot to me if you could help a brotha out. Would it help if I tell you I am not a deadbeat. :D

-G
    (\\_/) <br />(O.o) <br />(&gt; &lt;) \"Swim at your own risk\"

I am learning now...I ain't helping nobody out unless they are in dire straits,from being burned out by fire.

never again.... [img]graemlins/madani.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Big Sexy:
    I am learning now...I ain't helping nobody out unless they are in dire straits,from being burned out by fire.

never again.... [img]graemlins/madani.gif[/img]
    so where do you go when you need help?

Originally posted by Gman:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mhd:
    well, for my family, i have paid downpayments for houses, cars, college tuition, mortgage, rent, etc. and general financial assistance. if i got it i give it, because i would not have it if it were not for the love and support of my family. last summer, i hired four family members to work for me, two of them were living with me rent free. money is a tool, and once you figure out how to make it you realize that you will always be able to make money, i try to not get too caught up on loving money.

as for deadbeat relatives, try teaching them how to make their own dough instead of always coming to you, the old saying, teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime comes to mind
    I consider us family. I've got my eye on this new Lexus sports car that just came out. It would really mean a lot to me if you could help a brotha out. Would it help if I tell you I am not a deadbeat. :D

-G
    </font>[/QUOTE]what color?