Thread: 'Ballad of Dorothy Parker' version

Apparently there is a version of Prince's 'Ballad of Dorothy Parker' circulating entitled 'Acid House 1985-2003 Gone'. Has anyone heard or seen it ?

Just intrigued as it has to be one of my favourite Prince joints.

Thanks, SP
    'Like a man with a monkey on his back, I'm hooked for life'

Haven't heard of it. It's one of my favorite songs too.

I once saw Prince and D'angelo do an after-hours gig at a small club. Prince sat in a chair playing bass. ?Love was on drums. D'angelo played his Rhodes and sang. They did a 20 minute improv version of Dorothy Parker. I was like "okay. I can die now..."

Originally posted by DJ 138:

I once saw Prince and D'angelo do an after-hours gig at a small club. Prince sat in a chair playing bass. ?Love was on drums. D'angelo played his Rhodes and sang. They did a 20 minute improv version of Dorothy Parker. I was like "okay. I can die now..."
    Julian, that sounds like quite a night [img]graemlins/cool_shades.gif[/img]

SP
    'Like a man with a monkey on his back, I'm hooked for life'

Originally posted by DJ 138:

There is an interesting story about Prince's meeting with D'angelo and ?Love in the book "Possessed" by Alex Hahn. Apparently he turned into a complete control freak during a jam session and was telling them what to play and how to play it; after that he lectured them on the music industry and some other stuff. Apparently, after the session, D'angelo remarked "I dont know why, but I feel like taking a shower."
    However that book is full of inaccuracies and bias so who knows if that really went down.