Thread: Another suicide bombing

CNN is reporting a suicide bomber hit a bus in Haifa, a city in northern Israel. No numbers on casualties yet.

As I'm watching this coverage I get that familiar queasy feeling in my stomach. This city is at the base of Mt. Carmel, near the site of the cave that Elijah the Prophet lived in. When I was stationed in Egypt I took a tour of the Holy Land and this is one of the first places we visited. Seeing an event like this in a place on the other side of the world, where you have a picture of yourself, is kind of surreal.

The sad thing is knowing that the Isreali military will keep the cycle of violence going and attack a Palestinian residencial area, and so on, and so on..... Violence again begets violence.

I don't agree with George Bush that regime change in Iraq is going to bring peace to Israel. Only the formation of an independent Palestinian state will bring peace to Israel. I find it sad that we bully most of our allies to push for war in Iraq, but we don't bully Israel to push for peace. Very sad situation.

Peace
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."-Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

They just reported 15 dead.

Peace
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."-Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

why exactly is israel a state in the first place?
    anyone who's ever listened to one of those jerky boys tapes knows that the middle-eastern people will blow you the phuck up in a minute.

[ March 05, 2003, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: kenspank ]