Thread: The Secret Garden Remix

Does anyone know who pressed this??
    Anyone have it??
    'Cause ya'll know my boy DJ Sty did that like 3 years ago...
    This is not beef just a little History and curiosity about whether his mix got cloned or someone just took advantage and worked/modified his version.
    Regardless, the person who did this has a good business sense (hey it deserved to get released)but for the record...either this one was done over three years ago also or they just did a BITE!!!!

Sty hooked me up with a copy last year, didn't know it made it to vinyl.
    hmmmmmmm

I've got it meng! Yellow boot! Don't know who pressed it though. [img]graemlins/conf44.gif[/img]

Yeah that definately sounds like Sty's mix.

Quincy Jones?
    Message Board \"Has Been\"

Originally posted by Ghost Of Donger:
    Quincy Jones?
    yeah

Originally posted by 1343:
    Does anyone know who pressed this??
    Anyone have it??
    'Cause ya'll know my boy DJ Sty did that like 3 years ago...
    This is not beef just a little History and curiosity about whether his mix got cloned or someone just took advantage and worked/modified his version.
    Regardless, the person who did this has a good business sense (hey it deserved to get released)but for the record...either this one was done over three years ago also or they just did a BITE!!!!
    This was done by Nicky P. from Johnick/Henry Street. Knowing Nicky, I'm sure he had absolutely no knowledge of Sty's version. I'm 99% sure that this is a coincidence.

[ June 03, 2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Doug ]
    95 North on Facebook

95 North on Podomatic

www.95north.net

"Ya whole style is straight baby thighs son. Straight up."

The version on the mix is not Nicky P's mix.
    95 North on Facebook

95 North on Podomatic

www.95north.net

Yo, hats off to your boy DJ Sty! [img]graemlins/cheering.gif[/img] His version is a hellava lot better than the recent boot release!

BTW, How is STY?

Have not seen from him since Audio galaxy!

So if you see this Sty, holla back!

peace,
    gojay
    http://gojay.podOmatic.com

The Federal Reserve is as Federal as Federal Express.

Posted by Myron
    Think of it this way, podcasts are the modern version of mixtapes

whuuzzup Gojay! not a lot has been up, living & playing in Boston. I'm forever working on my original productions. Did some stuff for an underground NYC hip-hop outfit too.

DJje87- can you post a link or send me an MP3 of the Garden that was pressed? I am interested to hear it. Doug is the one that was pressed Nicky's mix?

That Garden remix was the first house remix I had done...before that I had only done hip-hop. Basically I did it because I had always wanted to hear a remix of that song. No one had, so I tried it. It has to be close to my favorite slow jam ever. I played it for a couple friends, they were feeling it. Word got around and a label in NY wanted to press it. But they weren't feeling the dub i did for the b-side. So it never got pressed (as far as I know). It sucks, I really liked the dub, maybe more than the remix itself.

There are really two versions i did, and the second one i like better, but i think the one Timmy plays is the first one i did. I'm not gonna argue with Timmy's taste, but I think the first one was a pile of sh!t. Not really, but it wasn't what i wanted. Cheddi, that link you posted, I can't find the song anywhere on that mix???

I heard that a Secret Garden remix was played at Shelter this weekend...i'm wondering which one.

Anyone with any info either way, I'd appreciate it..

peace
    OldYist
    aka
    Sty

The one Timmy played over the weekend was definitely Sty's mix with an added kick drum. Exactly the same except for that. When he played it , I figured it was from back when Sty had done it, because he was playing some other stuff from that time. But PK told me he had played it 4 times that night and wondered if Sty had finally put it out.

Originally posted by Ghost Of Donger:
    Quincy Jones?
    hahaha, i was hoping it was the Bruce Springsteen one.

Originally posted by oldyist:
    whuuzzup Gojay! not a lot has been up, living & playing in Boston. I'm forever working on my original productions. Did some stuff for an underground NYC hip-hop outfit too.

DJje87- can you post a link or send me an MP3 of the Garden that was pressed? I am interested to hear it. Doug is the one that was pressed Nicky's mix?

That Garden remix was the first house remix I had done...before that I had only done hip-hop. Basically I did it because I had always wanted to hear a remix of that song. No one had, so I tried it. It has to be close to my favorite slow jam ever. I played it for a couple friends, they were feeling it. Word got around and a label in NY wanted to press it. But they weren't feeling the dub i did for the b-side. So it never got pressed (as far as I know). It sucks, I really liked the dub, maybe more than the remix itself.

There are really two versions i did, and the second one i like better, but i think the one Timmy plays is the first one i did. I'm not gonna argue with Timmy's taste, but I think the first one was a pile of sh!t. Not really, but it wasn't what i wanted. Cheddi, that link you posted, I can't find the song anywhere on that mix???

I heard that a Secret Garden remix was played at Shelter this weekend...i'm wondering which one.

peace
    OldYist
    aka
    Sty
    Ohh Shizzle my nizzle on the rizzle download this mizzle..its the second sizzle after Sylvizlle..

There it is, about 4:54. thanks cheddi. man i haven't listened to it in a while. it's not as bad as i remember feeling about it...lol. That is the first mix i did of it.

Sty, how the hell are ya??? Been a way long time man. Glad to see you still doing your thing. Greg and I were talking about you not too long ago

[ June 03, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Master Kev ]

I think i just picked it up, this the home and garden "The Secret" by Quincy Jones

not bad....

Originally posted by oldyist:

peace
    OldYist
    aka
    Sty
    Waddup Sty! The mix that was pressed is Nicky's mix.
    95 North on Facebook

95 North on Podomatic

www.95north.net

Hey Doug! Hey Kev! How are you fools? Kev hit me with an email - oldyist@oldyist.com

yo yistold, say something!
    i might be heading up there in a couple of months.