Thread: Track ID from 1992

Two producers come to mind when I think about these two cuts. Wayne Gardiner and Larry Heard.

Really Deep house cuts. One track samples Carl Bean saying "Yeah" from "I Was born this way". The bassline is really catchy. Towards the end of the cut a piano riff comes in and completes the track.

The second cut is in the same key as the first (C Minor) but this one samples First Choice's "Love and Happiness" when you hear "Loooooovvveeeeeee" in a very low key. Again a real catchy bassline. The drum track has a swing syncopated feel to it.

I wish I had samples of these two songs because there have been many times in which I heard both of these played in one set.

Peace

[ March 05, 2003, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: GROOVE VICTIM ]

Groove,that second cut could be on the Black Traxx ep.I know they had a cut-up of LMNPA and it had the love sample in it.Did it come to a crash before the love dropped?

Originally posted by GROOVE VICTIM:
    Two producers come to mind when I think about these two cuts. Wayne Gardiner and Larry Heard.

Really Deep house cuts. One track samples Carl Bean saying "Yeah" from "I Was born this way". The bassline is really catchy. Towards the end of the cut a piano riff comes in and completes the track.

The second cut is in the same key as the first (C Minor) but this one samples First Choice's "Love and Happiness" with you hear "Loooooovvveeeeeee" in a very low key. Again a real catchy bassline. The drum track has a swing syncopated feel to it.

I wish I had samples of these two songs because there have been many times in which I heard both of these played in one set.

Peace
    hmmmm...maybe "Yeah" by Swing Kids on Nervous, catalog #NER20005. The A side had Good Feelin'. The other might be "Love" by Classic Man (Wayne Gardiner), Catalog# NER20012, released in 1992

Check the tail end of http://www.myterra.org/audio/nervous.ram for "Love". It's the third track from the end. Sorry I don't have times but it's probably about 33 mins or so into the mix.

Originally posted by JAMIE 3:26:
    Groove,that second cut could be on the Black Traxx ep.I know they had a cut-up of LMNPA and it had the love sample in it.Did it come to a crash before the love dropped?
    Naa, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were both included on one of those Black Traxx eps. I do't own any of them but I know a couple of cuts that were included.

Peace

you can catch Love at 34 mins for sure.

FLSjksflksdhflgkj; dvls;lgjdfrnlksgjndfs

Darrow!!!!
    YOU ARE THE MOTTHAF_____KIN MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tank ya tank ya tank ya !!!!

I Friggin KNew it was Wayne Gardiner!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, now the cut that comes in around 16 minutes is another cut that I need to ID because it sounds exactly like the cut that has the "YEah" throughout the song. I always blended these two songs together. What's the name?

Peace

FLSjksflksdhflgkj; dvls;lgjdfrnlksgjndfs

Darrow!!!!
    YOU ARE THE MOTTHAF_____KIN MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tank ya tank ya tank ya !!!!

I Friggin KNew it was Wayne Gardiner!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    glad to help. Fate work in mysterious ways. I just did that mix Sunday as part of a Nervous tribute on my site. The mix is sketchy but the tunes I was definitely feelin. I LOVE the two Classic Man tracks I have on their especially. Wayne Gardiner had me HOOKED back in the day. Where the hell is he?

OK, now the cut that comes in around 16 minutes that has the Fonda Rae Sample. This is another cut that I need to ID because it sounds exactly like the cut that has the "YEah" throughout the song. I always blended these two songs together. What's the name?

Peace

OK, now the cut that comes in around 16 minutes is another cut that I need to ID because it sounds exactly like the cut that has the "YEah" throughout the song. I always blended these two songs together. What's the name?

Peace
    Check Under the Needle for the song list. You are either talking about "Give a Little Love" by Jazzie Joint, catalog # NER20011, released in 1992 or "I Need You So Bad" by Track Masters, catalog #NER20038, released in 1992

oh...I just realized you said Fonda Rae sample. That's the Track Master's cut, not the Jazzie Joint cut.

Originally posted by darrow:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GROOVE VICTIM:

Peace
    Check Under the Needle for the song list. You are either talking about "Give a Little Love" by Jazzie Joint, catalog # NER20011, released in 1992 or "I Need You So Bad" by Track Masters, catalog #NER20038, released in 1992</font>[/QUOTE]"I need you so bad" by the Track Masters. Love this cut!!!!

I also see that you have the Swing Kids "Good Feelin" towards the end of your set. "Yeah" on the flipside would jack me up everytime I heard it in a club.

Kenny Dope Dope Dope Dope!!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!

You're welcome.

Good Feelin is an EVIL cut. It had a very groundbreaking sound (almost hard/techno-ish) back then. I'm not sure if Kenny Dope did anything else like that again.

I haven't seen re-pressings of any of these. It's too bad. These are musts in a dj collection to me.

You're welcome.

Good Feelin is an EVIL cut. It had a very groundbreaking sound (almost hard/techno-ish) back then. I'm not sure if Kenny Dope did anything else like that again.

I haven't seen re-pressings of any of these. It's too bad. These are musts in a dj collection to me.
    This is the sound that Kenny, Todd Terry, Louie, Roger Sanchez, Benji Candelario are famous for. This is the New York Hard House Sound!!!!!!

Listen to all of their releases on Freeze Records, Strictly Rhythm, Nervous, and Nu Groove.

This is also the predesessor to "Speed Garage".

Peace

Damn, 5th Street Orchestration by Classic Man. Do you know how hard it would've been to ID this cut. Some sick keys in this track.

Definately feelin this mix and thanks again for the memories!!!

5th Street Orchestration by Classic Man.
    [img]hail.gif[/img] [img]hail.gif[/img] [img]hail.gif[/img] [img]hail.gif[/img] [img]hail.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GROOVE VICTIM:
    5th Street Orchestration by Classic Man.
    [img]hail.gif[/img] [img]hail.gif[/img] [img]hail.gif[/img] [img]hail.gif[/img] [img]hail.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]big ups darrow....this mix is definitely bringing back some good memories....that Lisa Stansfield sample on that Jazzy Joint cut put a big smile on my face....luv that song...

also, good to see the Deepflyte parties happening again...

peace,
    -g-
    the impossible attracts me
    because everything possible has been done
    and the world didn't change...

sun ra (1970)

Darrow!!!!
    YOU ARE THE MOTTHAF_____KIN MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QB]
    you're just finding out what those in DC have known all along.

Darrow, good luck with the party this weekend. i dont think i can make it down, but i will most likely be there for the next one.
    peace,
    Ruse

ncho...yeah, the Jazzie Joint cut is lovely. I heard that on the radio in nyc back in 91 or 92 on what I think was a Tony Humphries mix. I found myself trying to sing/hum that track to every record store that would listen. And yep...Deepflyte is back, and this time, I won't let this -> [img]graemlins/banghead.gif[/img] (better known as Dealing with Club Management) get in my way.

Ruse...no problem. I'll be at WMC when the next Deepflyte rolls around (3/22). Omar Faison will be holding things down. I'll be back on 4/5. (don't come down here without bringing records!)

Darrow, I was able to ID the other track I was looking for. As a matter of fact it's the flipside of "Love". I was always curious why DJs would play these two songs together all the time. Now I know why.

Peace

Darrow, I was able to ID the other track I was looking for. As a matter of fact it's the flipside of "Love". I was always curious why DJs would play these two songs together all the time. Now I know why.

Peace
    hmmm...I can't remember what's on the other side. Is it "Mellow"? or "Wet Dreams"? Wet Dreams has Heatwave's Boogie Nights sample, but I can't remember which 12" that one is on.

Man you are IDing tracks left and right for me.

This track with the "Boogie Nights" sample. Is it the intro of "Boogie Nights" with the harp playing an ascending melody. And in certain parts of the song, is there a girl moaning, just saying "Uhhhhhh"? She also says "C'mon".

Peace

[ March 06, 2003, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: GROOVE VICTIM ]

Man you are IDing tracks left and right for me.

This track with the "Boogie Nights" sample. Is it the intro of "Boogie Nights" with the harp playing an ascending melody. And in certain parts of the song, is there a girl moaning, just saying "Uhhhhhh"? She also says "C'mon".

Peace
    Yep, you described it well. That is M.A.D.A's "Wet Dreams". It had "I Feel Like Jumpin'" (another classic Nervous track) on the other side. Catalog number NER20014.

That track was slammin!!!!I have this on a mix tape and the DJ played Endangered Species "Ping Pong" right after it. SICK!!!!!!!

Good lookin out