London E1
    tube: Liverpool Street (3 mins)

special guest:
    DJ HEART (Track Mode Recordings)

alongside residents:
    AFAR
    RAMAR

DEEPHOUSE.SOUL.JAZZ.DISCO.DETROIT.ELECTRONIC

Materielle takes place on the last Saturday of every month at Public Life (one of London's more unique venues: a modern bar in a converted Victorian underground public washroom).

at Materielle's 2002 send-off in December we welcomed guests Laszlo Kovacs and Louis Digital of Footwork Records. this team were tight! - we heard many House, disco & Detroit joints alongside sounds from the Footwork camp. good things in store from this label - watch them in the 0-3! thanks, all those who made it down: the staff... (wait there's more ;) ) the newly-hitched (continuing the celebrations), the Belgian visitors/DHP crew and musical family, all the rest who were on the set...

--------------------

into a new year - we've been looking forward to welcoming this month's guest since Materielle had its first event...

DJ Heart is a London-based DJ & producer who's contributions to the dance/House underground are growing in number and resonance. Heart began DJing in the early 80's, at the time mainly playing disco, funk, soul and jazz - influenced by the underground London clubs of the day such Crackers, Studio 21, The Maze and Spats. after some time out in the late 80's, DJ Heart returned to DJing in 1993 when he heard Kiss FM's (in its day) DJ Paul 'Trouble' Anderson playing records by Larry Heard and Ron Trent...

DJ Heart released his first record in 1997, on his own imprint. the following year he organised a well-remembered event in Ladbroke Grove, welcoming Detroit's Kenny Dixon Jnr, Theo Parrish and Rick Wilhite to London in the first 'Three Chairs' party.

last year DJ Heart aka 77 Productions had releases on Brett Dancer's Baltimore-based Track Mode label (home of some of deep house's most respected artists such as Larry Heard, Glenn Underground, Theo Parrish, Alton Miller and Rick Wade), as well as on Optional Extras and Neurythmics. his main musical inspirations include Woody Shaw, Herbie Hancock, Earl Klugh, Miles Davis, Prince, Fela, Bowie, Parliament, Kraftwerk, Juan Atkins, Earth Wind & Fire, Melba Moore etc.

DJ Heart will be introducing new music of his own alongside a selection of deep house & classics...

join us for our own fine start to the year!

John/RMR
    \'My concern is what moves me from within and what direction the music itself demands that I take. If I don\'t take heed of the demands that music makes on me, I am a fool. The music is calling the shots to me & I just listen.\' <i>John McLaughlin</i>

Hello John,

I'm really looking forward to this one bro ,DJ Heart should be real nice .I've got to do the regular bar spot early on before hopping down to your party and then on to Francois K .Can we handle it - yes we can ! .

Peace and see you sat night looking forward to your session as well .

Alex ;)

I hope to make it to this one, John. I'll be fresh faced from a visit back up in Scotland, hopefully.
    since feeling is first
    who pays any attention
    to the syntax of things
    will never wholly kiss you
    -e.e.cummings

good luck with the party .. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    You got it goin' on there.. In case you see Shannon & Cedric, tell'em i'm busy copying their cd's.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    peace
    peace

thanks as ever Alex for your support brother & hope you enjoyed the Jaydee jam last night.

Jonny, hope you can make it down! should be a good good party... people have been responding well to the flyers (got the promotion in order) [img]graemlins/cool_shades.gif[/img]

thanks for the well wishes Lyot, hope last time around is not the last Materielle will see of you...

peace
    John
    \'My concern is what moves me from within and what direction the music itself demands that I take. If I don\'t take heed of the demands that music makes on me, I am a fool. The music is calling the shots to me & I just listen.\' <i>John McLaughlin</i>

ps. Lyot I'll get your message to Shannon & Cedric on Saturday most likely

thanks Ramar ! I hope to be able to get to London with a whole bunch of Belgian heads somewhere later this year..Keep me posted on all good parties in advance (or just post it here, that'll be fine ! [img]smile.gif[/img]

peace
    peace