Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: File sharing?

  1. #1

    Post

    The response to this new forum has been remarkable. I'm thinking, how about file sharing? Patches, sound samples, etc. We could always use more drum samples.

    Thoughts???

    Kenny

    [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    holland
    Posts
    1,276

    Post

    Originally posted by Kenny Carvajal:
    The response to this new forum has been remarkable. I'm thinking, how about file sharing? Patches, sound samples, etc. We could always use more drum samples.

    Thoughts???

    Kenny

    [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Would be great,,, also some extra server for dhp producers would be nice to.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    12,219

    Post

    not sure this one will fly.

  4. #4

    Post

    Would be great but you might be right Torin.

    Kenny

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Planet Chicago
    Posts
    5,678

    Post

    See my post:

    http://deephousepage.com/ubb/ultimat...;f=17;t=000028

    Nord lead 2 patches!!!!!

    Originally posted by Kenny Carvajal:
    The response to this new forum has been remarkable. I'm thinking, how about file sharing? Patches, sound samples, etc. We could always use more drum samples.

    Thoughts???

    Kenny

    [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    DADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA
    DADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA
    DADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA
    DADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA
    DADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    12,219

    Post

    Originally posted by Kenny Carvajal:
    Would be great but you might be right Torin.

    Kenny
    not that i'm totally opposed to it but, it's the little things like certain samples/sounds etc., that give a producer his signature. why would he give them up unless he was over them? others may not be that important.

    when i was with Silk, i got a few samples to get me going. from there i was on my own.

    [ December 19, 2003, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: t o r i n ]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    CHICAGO
    Posts
    2,514

    Post

    Hey Kenny,

    Sounds like a good idea to me. I guess the big problem would be transfering files from people you do not know can open you up to viruses? May be if there was a place on this site you could down load stuff would be great but it would give the admin's extra wk....... [img]biggrinangel.gif[/img]

    [ December 19, 2003, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: SMOOTH87 ]
    www.smoothagentrecords.com www.myspace.com/smoothagentrecords www.myspace.com/mrseansmith
    www.djseansmith.podomatic.com http://thesmoothagent.blogspot.com/
    Smooth Agent sessions on C H R
    Wed 12pm-2pm cst
    Rebroadcast
    Sunday's 6pm-8pm cst
    SMOOTH AGENT SESSIONS LIVE SAT 10pm-12am on
    http://radio.myhouse-yourhouse.net/
    It is not about what others are doing it is about what are YOU doing. Constantly mentioning what you feel are others faults show insecurity in self...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    holland
    Posts
    1,276

    Post

    humm never thought of it that way

    Originally posted by t o r i n:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kenny Carvajal:
    Would be great but you might be right Torin.

    Kenny
    not that i'm totally opposed to it but, it's the little things like certain samples/sounds etc., that give a producer his signature. why would he give them up unless he was over them? others may not be that important.

    when i was with Silk, i got a few samples to get me going. from there i was on my own.
    [/QUOTE]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Planet Chicago
    Posts
    5,678

    Post

    IMHO, I think sometimes a little keyboard patch or sample can be enough to trigger creativity. Sometimes all you need is a little to get you going and I think that's the whole idea of sharing patches and samples. Although, I have to agree with Smooth that some sample files may contain viruses and complicate this whole file sharing thing.

    Just my two cents gents.

    -Sean H.


    Originally posted by t o r i n:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kenny Carvajal:
    Would be great but you might be right Torin.

    Kenny
    not that i'm totally opposed to it but, it's the little things like certain samples/sounds etc., that give a producer his signature. why would he give them up unless he was over them? others may not be that important.

    when i was with Silk, i got a few samples to get me going. from there i was on my own.
    [/QUOTE]
    DADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA
    DADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA
    DADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA
    DADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA
    DADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3

    Post

    hello.

    maybe if on-site file sharing is not available, those intereseted can interact privately via email

    im willing to share / trade patches and reason rns files..

    thanks

    boyramos

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •