Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Spliff.

A man died from Cannabis poisioning after smoking around 24,000 reefers in 11 years.

Lee Maisley 36 is believed to be the first Briton to die as a direct result of taking the drug, which the Government will downgrade to a class C substance next week.

An inquest heard he smoked around six spliffs a day.

Friend Jeffery Saunders found him dead on the living room floor at the house where they lived.

Lee of Summerhill, Pembrokeshire had complained of a headache the previous day. The cause of death was recorded as Cannabis toxicity.

The government is to launch a 1million advertising campaign on Thursday highlighting that the drug will remain illegal despite the forthcoming law change. (yawn)

Dr Phillip Guy lecturer in addictions at the University of Hull, said; "Cannabis is now a lot stronger. It is not like the nice hippy drug used to be".

Verdict; Misadventure.
    \"The end of the Earth is upon us pretty soon it will all turn to dust. So get up! Forget the past, go outside, and have a blast.\"

Ever heard of this before? , or is it hype to go with the rexaxed law? [img]graemlins/conf44.gif[/img]
    \"The end of the Earth is upon us pretty soon it will all turn to dust. So get up! Forget the past, go outside, and have a blast.\"

I dunno about this, are there any other similar cases in the world ?

I probably smoke about 6 sliffs a day maybe more if I have people round, might be time to cut down a little [img]graemlins/kos.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"http://www.myspace.com/moodswing2810\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.myspace.com/moodswing2810</a> <br />Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

sounds suspicously like hype, there's been articles like this in the daily mail for the last 3 weeks.

although I have seen people faint & have panic attacks from smoking weed before.
    <a href=\"http://www.flatandround.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.flatandround.com</a> | <a href=\"http://www.undergroundhouse.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.undergroundhouse.net</a> | <a href=\"http://www.junkroyale.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.junkroyale.com</a>

I should've died years ago then [img]smile.gif[/img]

Shame the government's is spending 1 million on advertising campaigns and cutting the funding for drugs educational advisors in schools [img]graemlins/jpshakehead.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Barrie' Moodswing' McFarlane:

I probably smoke about 6 sliffs a day maybe more if I have people round, might be time to cut down a little [img]graemlins/kos.gif[/img]
    Hey Barrie! Take less drags, and leave a longer roach! [img]icon_rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kos.gif[/img]

I guess it's Reefer Madness season over at the mail then!!! It's a mystery to me how they can't see what damage they do themselves with this hype. Picture this - a kid smoking some spliffs doesn't die, doesn't go mad, doesn't get addicted to smack, has a nice pleasent time and hurts no one. Picks up the Mail - reads what is supposed to happen when he smokes. Susses out that they are just liers.... starts listening to disco, hehehe...

Matthew
    <a href=\"http://www.keeponmagazine.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.keeponmagazine.com</a>

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Martin Red:
    [QB] put on me iron shirt and chase satan off the earth.

Hahaha! I knew you wouldn't be far away! Do you know anyone that's got a CD recorder I can borrow? [img]graemlins/conf44.gif[/img]

Originally posted by nev m:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Barrie' Moodswing' McFarlane:

Hey Barrie! Take less drags, and leave a longer roach! [img]icon_rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kos.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"http://www.myspace.com/moodswing2810\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.myspace.com/moodswing2810</a> <br />Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Originally posted by martin:

Shame the government's is spending 1 million on advertising campaigns and cutting the funding for drugs educational advisors in schools [img]graemlins/jpshakehead.gif[/img]
    I know! And hey, one recorded death of poisoning from a herb that's been smoked since dot. I believe the lager statistic to be much higher.

[ January 20, 2004, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: nev m ]

jeez lol
    dail M for murder

what a load of codswallop
    \"just like buddhists we can do this were ghetto monks but you knew this\"

[quote]Originally posted by nev m:
    Originally posted by Martin Red:
    [QB] put on me iron shirt and chase satan off the earth.

Hahaha! I knew you wouldn't be far away! Do you know anyone that's got a CD recorder I can borrow? [img]graemlins/conf44.gif[/img]
    U could try JM as has one, he is probably bored of his now [img]smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Clarkeecat:
    I guess it's Reefer Madness season over at the mail then!!! It's a mystery to me how they can't see what damage they do themselves with this hype. Picture this - a kid smoking some spliffs doesn't die, doesn't go mad, doesn't get addicted to smack, has a nice pleasent time and hurts no one. Picks up the Mail - reads what is supposed to happen when he smokes. Susses out that they are just liers.... starts listening to disco, hehehe...

Matthew
    ;)

As Bill Hicks said:

people who take acid and jump off buildings, they are ruining it for the rest of us, why don't they try taking off from the ground first ? you don't see geese lined up for an elevator to fly south. ....Why don't they show a positive news story for once...........

Sounds like bullshit to me.

You'd die of lung cancer or asphyxiation well before you would of "Cannabis Toxicity"

I read it takes about 30,000 joints for cannabis to be toxic (that's 30,000 in one smoking session).

Maybe the cannabis reacted negatively with his particular health condition(s).

"As Bill Hicks said:

people who take acid and jump off buildings, they are ruining it for the rest of us, why don't they try taking off from the ground first ? you don't see geese lined up for an elevator to fly south. ...."

[img]graemlins/rofl5.gif[/img] we lost a moron!!! we lost a moron!!
    <a href=\"http://www.keeponmagazine.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.keeponmagazine.com</a>

Originally posted by martin:

me too!

Originally posted by Bougie Soliterre:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by martin:

me too! </font>[/QUOTE]Me Three!!!

Originally posted by Clarkeecat:
    "As Bill Hicks said:

people who take acid and jump off buildings, they are ruining it for the rest of us, why don't they try taking off from the ground first ? you don't see geese lined up for an elevator to fly south. ...."

[img]graemlins/rofl5.gif[/img] we lost a moron!!! we lost a moron!!
    ..WOW ! one less gas station attendant in the world [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

[ January 20, 2004, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Martin Red ]

SInce this happened inthe UK, I'm wondering if the guy was rolling with tobacco, which would change the issue. What is the current UK definition of a spliff?

Originally posted by ivanjb:
    SInce this happened inthe UK, I'm wondering if the guy was rolling with tobacco, which would change the issue. What is the current UK definition of a spliff?
    Yeah! He would have been rolling with tobacco most likely.

It's most likely hype to coincide with the downgrading of Marajuana.

If I were to drop doen dead of 'Reeferitis' tomorrow I would want everyone to roll one in my honour! heehee! He loved a smoke old nev did god rest his soul! [img]icon_rofl.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Jamie 3:26:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bougie Soliterre:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by martin:

me too! </font>[/QUOTE]Me Three!!! </font>[/QUOTE]My azz would've been out years ago!!!

I think he had to have had other issues going on. I'm just thinking of the judges at the Cannabis Cup, If they haven't died, trying to judge the newest/best weed put out there every year, nobody should. I think this is a lot of BS.
    (\_/) "Recognizeth an attention
    (O.-)whore when thou doth sees
    (___) it, and then ignoreth its ass" - SuzanneT 1:1

"Change happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go." Spencer Johnson

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music. Angela Monet

"There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't" -unknown

please. if true, it would mean that if you smoke, your chances of dying from marijuana toxicity are about 1/1,000,000,000th of your chances of winning the lottery. well, gotta go light up now.

p
    l
    e
    a
    s
    a
    n
    t
    d
    r
    e
    a
    m
    s
    "MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT, BUT NEVER WANT AS LONG AS YOU LIVE. MAY YOU LIVE TO BE 100, & ME 100 BUT MINUS A DAY, SO THAT I'LL KNOW THAT NICE PEOPLE LIKE YOU, HAVE PASSED MY WAY. AND REMEMBER, WHEN FRANKIE CROCKER ISN'T ON YOUR RADIO, YOUR RADIO JUST ISN'T REALLY ON."

Personally, I grow a little bit everytime I smoke ;)

Except when I'm on the Hokkaido Wild Skunk, then I experience, le mort petit, or what the English call the, Little Death if you know what I mean :D

[ January 23, 2004, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Mah'chew ]
    <a href=\"http://www.funkjunk.notlong.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.funkjunk.notlong.com</a>