Thread: I went out and danced last nite.....

at Guernica. Had on a nice suit and a Nepalese type hat and got down. Hadnt been to a house joint in the city and danced and screamed with abandon for a while. Two femle dj's kept droppin nice cuts ( ones name was Sabine) and I saw good ole Marjorie who hasnt aged a day and is still tearin it up.

Gotta get to another nite but i've been reeeeeal busy with my own shit ( and a stinky brown shit it is, indeed )
    As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

Yo, clean out ya PM's I gotta leave you some important info.

Thanks!!
    It ain't how much you know, it's what you do with what you do know!

Originally posted by LeRoi Destouts:
    at Guernica. Had on a nice suit and a Nepalese type hat and got down. Hadnt been to a house joint in the city and danced and screamed with abandon for a while. Two femle dj's kept droppin nice cuts ( ones name was Sabine) and I saw good ole Marjorie who hasnt aged a day and is still tearin it up.

Gotta get to another nite but i've been reeeeeal busy with my own shit ( and a stinky brown shit it is, indeed )
    Make sure you hit up Guernica on Sundays. The party is out of control.

A freind of mine keeps telling me about this party.. I'm gonna have to go soon..

Explain something to me Mark. How is it that anyone enjoys Guernica at all with their HORRENDOUS sound system (if you want to call it that)?

I keep wondering why anyone throws a party there, much less goes to a party there. [img]graemlins/conf44.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"http://www.alphabetcitydesign.com\" target=\"_blank\">alphabet city design + marketing</a>

Originally posted by MYOR:
    A freind of mine keeps telling me about this party.. I'm gonna have to go soon..
    thursdays or sundays?

Originally posted by ultra:
    Explain something to me Mark. How is it that anyone enjoys Guernica at all with their HORRENDOUS sound system (if you want to call it that)?

I keep wondering why anyone throws a party there, much less goes to a party there. [img]graemlins/conf44.gif[/img]
    They have a cabaret license.

Good point being the case nowadays, but still. Sheesh. My ears hurt whenever I go there.

Originally posted by Tenyu:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ultra:

They have a cabaret license. </font>[/QUOTE]
    <a href=\"http://www.alphabetcitydesign.com\" target=\"_blank\">alphabet city design + marketing</a>

Originally posted by Tenyu:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MYOR:
    thursdays or sundays? </font>[/QUOTE]Thursdays.. Damn..

My friend just told me the girl played our song.. To Live.. I havent heard that in a while [img]graemlins/mecry.gif[/img]

[ March 26, 2004, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: MYOR ]

Good point being the case nowadays, but still. Sheesh. My ears hurt whenever I go there.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tenyu:

They have a cabaret license. </font>[/QUOTE]</font>[/QUOTE]I don't know of one venue with good sound so am I missing out on something?

Its a nice intimate spot. I've always enjoyed that parties done there

Maybe I'M the one missing something. Between Mission and Guernica anyone can blow an eardrum (levels are too high).

Save the Robots, now that was a PLACE!

Its a nice intimate spot. I've always enjoyed that parties done there </font>[/QUOTE]

Bande-A-Part_NYC Guest

On Wednesday nights we keep the levels real nice, amd they got new speakers and mixers recently.

Ultra, try to make it down. Would be happy to see you there.

[img]graemlins/OLA.gif[/img]
    Website - www.clubflipside.com | Beatport - http://dj.beatport.com/#/daver | Resident Advisor - www.residentadvisor.net/dj/daverussell |
    Podcast - www.daverussell.podomatic.com | YouTube - www.youtube.com/daveruss66 | Facebook - www.facebook.com/daveruss66

"I Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda ..." today, is likely the result of saying "F### it" yesterday

wed nights @ guernica! [img]graemlins/OLA.gif[/img]

Maybe I'M the one missing something. Between Mission and Guernica anyone can blow an eardrum (levels are too high).

Its a nice intimate spot. I've always enjoyed that parties done there </font>[/QUOTE]</font>[/QUOTE]Save the Robots=Guernica.. Unless, I'm mistaken [img]graemlins/conf44.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Bande-A-Part_ NYC:
    On Wednesday nights we keep the levels real nice, amd they got new speakers and mixers recently.

Ultra, try to make it down. Would be happy to see you there.
    y'all are next on my list

let the pigeons loose!
    As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

Bande-A-Part_NYC Guest

I DJd there on Wednesday nights too for a while. Same difference from a DJ perspective.

Try to make it down to Loose Joints one night, and bring my old pal TC Islam if you can. He used to love the way I DJd.

[ March 26, 2004, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Bande-A-Part_ NYC ]

I went to a party there on a Thursday night..it was cool to me.
    "Rich in Rhythm" @ Madame X Mondays
    www.madamexnyc.com

Bande-A-Part_NYC Guest

We now give out chicken wings at Loose Joints.

Originally posted by Bande-A-Part_ NYC:
    Chicken Wings.. [img]graemlins/cool_shades.gif[/img] Bucket of Wings.. [img]biggrinangel.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bande-A-Part_ NYC:
    Chicken Wings.. [img]graemlins/cool_shades.gif[/img] Bucket of Wings.. [img]biggrinangel.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]We love ourselves some bucket of wings, right MYOR? HEHEE! [img]graemlins/kos.gif[/img]
    muzic is my life...

Originally posted by Hello Kitty:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bande-A-Part_ NYC:
    Chicken Wings.. [img]graemlins/cool_shades.gif[/img] Bucket of Wings.. [img]biggrinangel.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]We love ourselves some bucket of wings, right MYOR? HEHEE! [img]graemlins/kos.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Chicken Wing, Chicken Wing.. Slllrrppp
    [img]graemlins/grinyes.gif[/img]

heah ultra...I played this wed. and it wasn't that bad...I think it's how it's played....yes it can be played real loud, but if you eq it, it's not that bad....gotta make what you play on work...we can't all have bozack/urei/rane mixers, crown amps, richard long crossover and klipsch speakers....sometime you come across gemini mixers, belt drive turntables, gemini amps and audiotek speakers and you better make dat shit sound good....WERK!!!
    I Am Almost Keeping It Real