Thread: Therapy New York Recap

Didn't get there in time for keith blackstone,E-man was on I had a great time at cielo thurs nite then jojo, couldn't ask for more he rocked it just don't buy no drinks get twisted before u hit that spot heiny and a shot of henny was $19.00 off da hook but cielo is a cool spot. I NEED SOME MORE THERAPY IM GOIN CRAZY!!!

DAMN! Missed it. Too bad. I don't drink, so it aitn' a problem. they are staight trippin thinkin that heads will pay $19 for a shot.
    Dance like nobody\'s lookin

are u serious $19 for one drink?? did a lap dance come with that???
    Ummm........I miss the days of DHP when we use to talk about Music, Parties and give reviews about House Music Events that you either gave or attended.......The Peanut Gallery, always looking for attention done fucked it up for all the posters with their bullshit

how did the sink water taste ?

Originally posted by DJ CHRIS PURTELL:
    how did the sink water taste ?
    hahahahahahaha...

nyc has the best sink water!!!
    I Am Almost Keeping It Real

I said a heiny (heiniken) and a henny (hennesy) 2 drinks which is still outragous fer 19 bucks

I missed out, but I'll be at the next one.

Originally posted by jessejames:
    I said a heiny (heiniken) and a henny (hennesy) 2 drinks which is still outragous fer 19 bucks
    -------------------

That's nuts....

[img]graemlins/alc.gif[/img]
    Good Things Come To Those Who Wait.

http://cyberjamz.com

At Bryant Park hotel and Tribeca grand hotel, where they play house music, a gin and tonic was $14 and $11 respectively.
    I've been told that house heads are not known for drinking at house music events in NYC.

Reghardles of who drinks what where, it's no wonder with prices like that. I'm glad I don't like to drink. For me, it's not about the money. It's about the idea of paying so much that you literally feel like you're being raped by people. This is price gouging at its finest.
    Dance like nobody\'s lookin

$14 for baileys and grand marnier at Strata, formerly known as Metronome.
    <a href=\"http://www.alphabetcitydesign.com\" target=\"_blank\">alphabet city design + marketing</a>

this again goes to the question of "when will it ever be enough?"

I think it's despicable for a venue to charge a 1000% markup like that. That's more of a profit margin than the illegal drugs, weapons and pharmaceutal industries combined! (okay, maybe not quite but you get my point).

It IS rape - you're being fucked against your will, plain and simple. But remember how the law works - it's rape WHEN YOU SAY "NO!". I'm not trying to shit on anybody's party, but peeps need to understand that venues will only get away with what their customers will let them get away with.
    "MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT, BUT NEVER WANT AS LONG AS YOU LIVE. MAY YOU LIVE TO BE 100, & ME 100 BUT MINUS A DAY, SO THAT I'LL KNOW THAT NICE PEOPLE LIKE YOU, HAVE PASSED MY WAY. AND REMEMBER, WHEN FRANKIE CROCKER ISN'T ON YOUR RADIO, YOUR RADIO JUST ISN'T REALLY ON."

Originally posted by jessejames:
    Didn't get there in time for keith blackstone,E-man was on I had a great time at cielo thurs nite then jojo, couldn't ask for more he rocked it just don't buy no drinks get twisted before u hit that spot heiny and a shot of henny was $19.00 off da hook but cielo is a cool spot. I NEED SOME MORE THERAPY IM GOIN CRAZY!!!
    Thanks for the recap. We'll post some pictures up shortly.

Thanks for coming thru... the party was SEEEEERIOUS!

[img]graemlins/OLA.gif[/img]