2017-18 NCAA Basketball Thread…….

• October 26, 2017 at 11:48 AM #5329
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

College Basketball is looking more weak and weak, with the one-and-done phenomena. BUT…..Here’s my All-America picks:
    F: Bonzi Colson, Notre Dame
    F: Miles Bridges, Michigan State
    F/C: Angel Delgado, Seton Hall
    G: Alonzo Trier, Arizona
    G: Jalen Brunson, Villanova

Second Team:
    F: Ethan Happ, Wisconsin
    G/F: Trevon Bluiett, Xavier
    C: Jock Landale, St. Mary’s
    G: Grayson Allen, Duke
    G: Landry Shamet, Wichita State

And yes, I like the above guards over Joel Berry, now all by his Carolina lonesome with no Jackson or Meeks!

Not All-America, but fun backcourt to watch: Shamorie Pounds and Marcus Lovett, St. John’s.

I don’t think I can pick my Final Four teams. I’ll think about that!

October 26, 2017 at 12:52 PM #5330
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Fletch, I read one article were cats were picking Seton Hall to go to the Final 4, My man(Exhibit A:Not since 1989 has Seton Hall been close to a Final 4), Also, Alonzo Trier is a small foward(But, It’s your list, My man/LOL), Fletch, Marvin Bagely will be an All-American in 2018 and the number 1 pick in the 2018 draft(Facts), I’ve never heard of Jock Landale and Landry Shamet(Though, It’s your lists of cats, My man/LOL), Fletch, Joel Berry Should not make anybody’s All-American crew because of

Stupidity, My man(Facts), Mile Bridges will have a very big year in 2018(Exhibit A;Money made a very good decision to stay in school for his sophomore year this
    Season, My man.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

October 26, 2017 at 2:51 PM #5331
    Participant

Ask Kentucky about Landry Shamet……

Landale reminds me a bit of Rik Smits…..!

October 26, 2017 at 3:30 PM #5332
    Participant

Fletch, Landry Shimet and Jock Landale are both nice with their’s(What class are both of those cats, My man), Fletch, Jock Landale remines me of Mark Pope(6’9 cat who played for the University of Washington and Kentucky during the Early to mid 90’s), Mark Pope played with Ron Mercer, Antoine Walker, Tony Delk, Wayne Turner, Etc, For

Kentucky during the mid 90’s, Fletch, Angel Degado has the chance to become the best, “Horse”, To come out of Seton Hall since Mark Bryant and Ramon Ramos, During the mid 80’s/late 80’s, My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

October 27, 2017 at 12:17 PM #5334
    Participant

Fletch, Devonte Graham will have to adjust to runnin a crew for Kansas to be elite this year, After, Devonte Graham had been playing off the pill(Shooting guard), The past 3 years for Kansas, My man(Facts), Also, Sean Miller will have to show that he was not down with any of the FBI’s information on illegal activities concerning Sean Miller’s associate head coach(Emanuel Richardson), and top HS recruit Jahvon Quinerly from New Jersey for 2018, Also, Jim LarraƱaga(Molloy HS

In Queens Alumnus and Bronx native), Has to be extremely concerned with the FBI’s probe on illegal activities on the college basketball circuit during the 2000’s, Regarding an Miami Assistant coach trying to bribe Nassir Little(Top 5 elite cat from Florida), Who verbally commited to North Carolina afew weeks ago), To commit and sign with Miami last month, My man(Fletch, Just throwing information that you’re up on just to build with you and anyone else on the board, My man),

Fletch, Trevon Duvall has to prove and provide productive point guard play from start to finish for Duke to be considered to be an, “Elite”, crew this year(Money is more of an scorer, Than a cat runnin a crew, My man), Also, Chris Mullin has to prove and produce an upward product(Crew), That will challenge crews in the Big-East and play over the 500 level, Along with going far in the Big-East tournament and with very good fortune, St.John’s will get an NCAA bid this year for Chris

Mullin to maintain being the head coach of St.John’s, Without feeling, “Pressed”, By St.John’s administrators for having another wack year with no elite recruits signed for 2018(Chris Mullin can survive having an wack year for the 3rd straight year this year, If Chris Mullin signs top 10 elite cats for 2018 and i don’t hear about any of that taking place as of yet, My man(Facts).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

October 27, 2017 at 12:45 PM #5335
    Participant

Mike,

I like Devonte Graham. And maybe I should’ve put him over Grayson Allen. I like bigger guards in this instance (unless shorty is super bad drug nice! LOL!). AND…..I’m risking myself thinking Grayson Allen will have a cooler head, his senior year! We’ll see……!

I’l go as far to say that Chris Mullin may have the most exiting backcourt since BJ Tyler and Terrence Rencher, at Texas! Shamorie Pounds and Marcus Lovett was bakin’ cats, last year, at the John! Now, Mullin could use some cats down low……!

October 27, 2017 at 4:39 PM #5336
    Participant

Fletch, Devonte Grahams about 6’1(Though Listed as 6’2 or 6’3, My man/LOL), Also, Devonte Graham’s a nut too with his, My man/LOL, Cats that have been playing off the pill for x amount of years have a very hard time adjusting to setting cats up and handling the pill on a regular basis(We will see how Devonte Graham develops at the point this

Year, My man), Fletch, Grayson Allen knows this is his last chance to impress NBA scouts of his attitude problems, Opposed to his talents(NBA scouts know that Grayson Allen is nice with his, My man), Fletch, If Shamorie Ponds and Marcus Lovett were both 6’5, They both would have been lottery picks in this years draft(Facts), Though, Both

Shamorie Ponds and Marcus Lovett are both nuts(Facts), One of those cats, If Not both of those cats, Need to fulfill a dire need to, “Hop it”, To cats and set cats up to make plays, Other than to put it up x amount of times this year, My man(Facts), Fletch, You went far back by stating that Shamorie Ponds and Marcus Lovett are the most exciting

Backcourt on the college basketball circuit since Bj Tyler and Terrance Rencher at Texas during the early 90’s, But, Fletch, Where do you rank the backcourt of Tyus Jones and Quinn Cook for Duke in 2015, My man(Facts/LOL), Or the backcourt of Raymond Felton and Rashard McCants for North Carolina in 2004/LOL, Or the backcourt of

Wayne Ellington and Ty Lawson for North Carolina in 2009 , Russ Smith and Peyton Silva for Louisville, Darrin Collison and Russell Westbrook for UCLA in 2008, Etc, Just to name a few nice backcourts in recent years, My man/LOL.

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

November 12, 2017 at 12:49 AM #5372
    Participant

I totally forgot Terry Larrier of UConn. Time to start throwing diamonds-and-ones, diamonds-and-pearls, diamonds-and-diamonds on that kid! Coming back from his injury, plus I was unsure whether he would have a killer instinct that I was always looking for! That first game, he showed that (27 points).

Marvin Bagley is the truth! Nuff has been said about him…….!

November 13, 2017 at 4:35 PM #5373
    Participant

Fletch, I recall you building with me about Terry Larrier afew years ago(Is money from the Bronx, My man), Though, On the low, Kevin Ollie’s spot is most definitely not secure these days after the instant succcess Kevin Ollie enjoyed afew years ago via Connecticut, “Baggin”, The 2014 NCAA championship(Again, Instant success breds very high expectations which an very inexperienced cat cannot adhere too, My man/Facts), Fletch, The key cat on Duke’s crew will be Trevon Duvall’s

Play at the point guard spot(Money will have to sacrifice alot in regards to showing those NBA scouts his true talents to score), Rather than lead(Which will be the telltale sign that puts Duke in a very good position to win the championship this year, My man), Also, Those cats from UCLA are in mad trouble doing that grimy nonsense in China last week, Which remines me of an old friend of mines who played for the University of Cinncinatti during the mid 70’s to 1980 by the name of

Eddie Lee(Who i have mentioned on this board more than afew times thru the years/LOL), Fletch, My man Eddie Lee was down with, “Stingin”, An undercover DT by 40 Projects in Jamaica Queens in February of 1977 after Cinncinatti played against Rutgers at the Garden(Cinncinatti was the 7th ranked crew in the country and Rutgers, “Trampled”, Cinncinatti by 15 points, Which does not sound that bad score wise, Though, You had to be at the game just to see how weak Cinncinatti was

With the exception of my man Eddie Lee and his man Keith Hemans(From Bowne HS in Flushing,Queens), Along with Gale Catlett not being a very good coach at that for Cinncinatti and james Bailey, Abdel Anderson, Hollis Copeland, Etc, “Dismantled”, Cinncinatti by 15 and this was 2/5’s of the Rutgers starting crew that went to the 1976 Final 4 in Philadelphia only to get, “Demolished by Michigan and Ricky Green and Phil Hubbard by 16 at the Spectrum in Philadelphia in 1976,

Fletch, Rutgers was un-ranked before the Cinncinatti game in 1977, and Cinncinatti never recovered from losing to Rutgers at the garden in 1977 and Cinncinatti never covered from Eddie Lee getting popped by NYPD for Stingin an undercover DT in Jamaica,Queens after playing againat Rutgers 5 hours before the incident, Which Eddie Lee got off with on 3 years probation(Exhibit A:Eddie Lee was a valuable 6th man for Cinncinatti as a Freshman that Gale Catlett needed for the rest

of the season and next 3 years there after, So, Gale Catlett had the university of Cinncinatti get the best attorney in the state of Ohio to represent Eddie Lee on the robbery charges, Which should have gotten Eddlie Lee jail time, Which he did after the arrest before Gale Catlett posted bail for Eddie Lee afew hours after the robbery incident in 1977, But, Eddie lee should have been thrown out of School for the robbery incident, Regardless if a cat was mad nice or not(Facts), Fletch,

One year after the robbery incident in 1977, Eddie Lee was the ringleader in the robbery of an convience store at Lambert Airport in St.Louis,Missouri in 1978 with two cats from Cinncinatti’s crew by the names of Keith Hemans(Who was an 1st team ALL-PSAL-B league cat and Honorable mention all-American and Honorbale mention All-PSAL cat out of Bowne HS in Flushing,Queens in1 976), And Lionel Harvey(6’5 cat who was a 3rd team HS All-American out of Malverne HS ion Long

Island, Lionel Harvey played with Andre Hawkins(Syracuse), At Malverne HS on Long Island during the late 70’s, Lionel Harvey is 2 years older than Andre Hawkins, Well, Eddie Lee planned the robbery of the convience store at Lambert Airport in St.Louis in 1978, Eddie Lee was not popped by Law Enforcement for the robbery, But, Ketih hemans and Lionel harvey were both popped for robbing the convience store at Lambert Airpot in St.Louis in 1978 and both Keith Hemans and Lionel

Harvey were thrown out of school, Though, Both Keith Hemans and Lionel Harvey were starting with Eddie Lee(Who was the top cat on Cinncinatti’s crew with Pat Cummings, Who was eventually drafted in the 3rd round by the Milwaukee Bucks in 1979), Fletch, Keith Hemans transferred to Dowling College in upstate New York in 1978 to the early 80’s and Lionel Harvey transferred to Hofstra University on Long Island in 1978 to 1982 and what’s mad funny is/LOL, Lionel Harvey

Was the pastor at one of my boys’s wedding which took place in a hall on the campus of Hosftra University during the summer of 2000/LOL, And when i stepped to Lionel Harvey to let him know tha i was crew with Eddie Lee, Lionel Harvey quickly became, Grimy in vernacular and said, “Oh shit you know Eddie”, My man/LOL, Fletch, The reason why i’m once again bringing all of this information up is, Those cats from UCLA more than likely will get thrown off the UCLA crew(Or they most

Definitely should be thrown off if Steve Alford has the guts to do it, My man/Facts), Just off of the embarassement that comes with dumbshit being displayed by cats who don’t know how to act and Lavar Ball should be ashamed of himself as a father for raising an extremely ignorant son like Liangelo Ball and as we don’t hear, is Lavar Ball poppin shit now, My man(Facts), Fletch, I’ms till tryuing to process how Marvin Bagley graduated from 3 schools in 3 years with honors and afew folks

From the academic circuit(HS teachers), has confided with me that Marvin Bagley could have taken classes online to attain the core classes that’s needed to graduate in 3 years from 3 schools with honors, My man.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Bishop Lionel Harvey(Former Cinncinatti cat during the late 70’s)
    http://www.westburyfbc.org/tp40/page.asp?ID=192897

November 16, 2017 at 12:59 PM #5379
    Participant

Duke looked in NCAA tournament form vs Michigan State without Marvin Bagley this past tuesday night(Facts), Though, This was the first time that i recall Duke playing a zone to start a game(Duke never started out a game in a zone against Tyler Hansbourgh during the late 2000’s and Tyler Hansbourgh and North Carolina beat Duke 4 straight times at

Cameron Indoor Stadium on the campus of Duke),Exhibit A:2006-2009, Including North Carolina beating Duke on JJ Reddick’s senior night at Duke in March of 2006(Facts), Wendell Carter is nice(Exhibit B:Money plays like a horse/bigman down low with drop step moves and very good footwork and balance), Trevon Duvall surprised me alot

Playing the point guard spot for Duke via Trevon Duvall’s court vision and willingness to give the pill up to cats in very good positions to make plays(Exhibit C:Something that i did not see from Trevon Duvall in HS and on the AAU circuit last
    year), Grayson Allen is doing what he’s supposed to do(Crack cats asses via being at Duke for 4 years), Miles Bridges

Played alright(Not 1st team All-American alright/LOL), And, Michigan State has to lessen their turnovers to be considered a top tier crew in 2017/18(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.