"A Great day in Hiphop",(1998)

• May 19, 2017 at 9:48 AM #4604
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

I most definitely would like to see an event take place like the past one’s for the photo shoots for, “A Great day in Harlem”, in 1958 and, “A Great day in hiphop”, In 1998, Though, This one will be called, “A great day in House”, In the Nnear future(With the photo shoot taking place at the same block in harlem on 126thst and Madison ave), Though,

The Dance music circuit have lost more than a few luminary figures like, David Mancuso, Frankie Knuckles, The Colonel, Etc, The past few years, It would be very fitting for the house music community to form together a project like the past one’s for the Jazz and hiphop circuits during the 1920’s-1958’s and 1970’s thru 1998(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“A Great day in Hiphop(1998/Part 1)

“A Great day in Hiphop(1998/Part 2)

“A great day in hiphop(1998/Part 3)

May 19, 2017 at 11:10 AM #4610
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Showed the cover of XXL to a fellow musician, who hated hip hop! Dude looked at it, and said, “there were two good things about it: 1) Gordon Parks took the pic, and 2) Nobody got shot!” I was like……damn!

May 20, 2017 at 12:46 PM #4617
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Fletch, How old is your man(The fellow musician), My man/LOL, Fletch, It’s just like the Rucker thread, Were cats feel that violence will always be apart of the culture(Black culture, My man), Though, The very first time I was present at Unity day in Philadelphia on August of 1989(At the Arts Museum steps on the Ben Franklin Parkway), I was mad buggin to see 800 plus

Thousands of black folk together in peace with non dumbshit, Though, I had to check myself for what that day means for us(Black folk in regards to, “Unity Day”, In Philadelphia during the 80’s,90’s, Etc, My man.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.