And Gone is Jerry Lewis……!

• August 20, 2017 at 3:02 PM #5054
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

A cultural Icon…….!

August 21, 2017 at 11:04 AM #5059
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Fletch, I’ve always felt that Jerry Lewis was highly overrated as a comedian(Just like Jim Carey, Who made his name doing mad silly shit to gain fame during the 90’s/2000’s, My man), Fletch, Jerry Lewis played the role of a criminal type of cat in the Garment district in New York city on the TV show, “WiseGuys”, That i had mad respect for Jerry Lewis back then in 1987, Because Jerry Lewis was playing a role that was not silly and befoonery laden and

Jerry Lewis put in much work on, “WiseGuy’s”, In 1987, Also, I had the utmost of respect for Jerry Lewis’s philanthropic deeds via his “Muscular Dystrophy Association”, Telethon’s during the late 1950’s to 2015.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

August 21, 2017 at 6:32 PM #5060
    Participant

How many thought Jerry Lewis and Patti Duke’s dances in movies would have an influence on hip hop? That’s why I put that clip up! (add the Smurf and Pee Wee Herman to that…..!)

August 22, 2017 at 10:28 AM #5063
    Participant

Fletch, I feel you’re buggin about your assertion of Jerry Lewis’s impact on hiphop in regards to dance moves/LOL, Though, The Patty Duke was widely popular on the hiphop circuit during the late 70’s thru the 80’s, Infact, Cats from Valley park(Heffan Park in the North Bronx by Co-op city off of the Bruckner Expressway to City Island and Mount Vernon), Called Blonde, “Patty Duke”, The very first time Freddy(Fab Five Freddy), Brought Blondie to a

Throwdown at Valley Park in 1979, My man(Facts/LOL), Fletch, I’ve always felt that, “Batman”, Had a very big impact on the dance music culture via, “Batman’s”, Dance moves on the, “Batman”, TV show during the mid 60’s, My man(Facts/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“Batman gettin loose at a throwdown on the TV show, “Batman”, From 1966)

August 22, 2017 at 3:49 PM #5064
    Participant

Mike,

I saw quite a few cats doing The Jerry Lewis, as well as The Patty Duke, Smurf and Pee Wee Herman! It’s all good, though! (LOL!)

August 22, 2017 at 6:53 PM #5065
    Participant

Fletch, “Joe Ski Love”, Almost destroyed hiphop when he made that wack ass shit, “The Pee-Wee Herman”, In1984, My man(Facts/LOL), and as for the, “Smurf”, I can most definitely include, “The Gigolo”, “The Webo”, Etc, As dances that i did not have in my bag during the 80’s or any other era, My man(Facts/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.