Bernard Wright "Nard" The Album 1981

• April 15, 2017 at 11:13 AM #4504
    Profile photo of BigscoreBigscore
    Participant

Dope Album….!!!!

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Bigscore.
    April 17, 2017 at 12:23 PM #4512
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Bigscore, On the low/LOL, That beat from the plate, “Master Rocker”, by Bernard Wright in 1981 was lifted by Ice Cube for his plate with Yo-Yo called, “Bonnie and Clyde Thing”, from 1993(Facts/LOL), Bigscore, We both know Nard’s history from being from the southside(Jamaica,Queens), During the 60’s,70’s,80’s, Etc, Along with Nard

Running with Lenny White(Drummer), Marcus Miller(Who’s from Brooklyn, But, Raised in the Southside by Rochdale during the 70’s), My man, Tom Browne(“Funkin for Jamaica’, In 1981), Etc, Infact, Nard used to hang at the Fantasia, Le’Chelet, Blue ice(Ralph McDaniels spot during the late 70’s to early 80’s, The Rennasance, Encore, IS8,

48 Park, The Navel Base(Roy Wilkens Park on Merrick Blvd/LOL), Jamaica Park, Ajax park, Lincoln Park, Etc, With Tom Browne and all of the cats that I mentioned earlier during the late 70’s/early 80’s), My man(Facts/LOL), Bigscore, Nard was way ahead of his time as a keyboard player for a very young cat to be touring with established

Cats like Lenny White, Dave Grusin, Tom Browne, Marcus Miller, Roberta Flack, Miles Davis, Etc, During the mid 70’s thru the early 80’s, My man(Facts), Bigscore, Nard was another one of those cats that cats knew nothing about while he was making plates and touring with cats during the late 70’s to mid 80’s, Though, Nard was in mad spots on

The New York city dance music circuit during the late 70’s/mid 80’s(Exhibit A:Like the spots I mentioned earlier in Queens and spots like the Garage, Bentley’s, Silver Shadow, Hotel Diplomat, The Down-Beat, Harlem World, The Celebrity Club, Etc).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

“Bonnie and Clyde thing”, By Ice Cube and Yo-Yo(1993)

April 17, 2017 at 3:12 PM #4521
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Master Rocker has, I believe, Barry ‘Sonjon’ Johnson on bass, as opposed to Marcus Miller! BSJ is a beast in his own right! He’s on them Twennynine joints like “Fancy Dancer!” Him, Marcus and Sekou Bunch had a thing or the Fender late 70s Jazz Bass!

Don Blackman and Weldon Irvine are truly missed cats!

April 17, 2017 at 7:44 PM #4525
    Profile photo of BigscoreBigscore
    Participant

Always good to hear extra info from you Mike!

Snoop also sampled Nard on this track…

45 sec mark

April 18, 2017 at 6:52 PM #4531
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Bigscore, I wonder if Ice Cube and Snoop received permission from, Nard”, To use his beats on their plates during the 90’s, My man/LOL.

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.