"Big Mouth", By Whodini(1985)

• August 23, 2017 at 3:09 PM #5072
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

The plate, “Big Mouth”, ByWhodini was on regular rotation on Mr.Magic’s rap attack show during the mid 80’s and on Red Alert’s show on Kiss-Fm, “Big Mouth”, Was produced by Larry Smith/Rip(Who was one of the top hiphop producers of alltime/Facts), In 1985 and the video for, “Big Mouth”, Was Directed by Lionel Martin(TheVid Kid on Ralph McDaniels video music box hiphop show during the mid 80’s thru the 90’s)

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“Big Mouth”, By Whodini(1985)

August 24, 2017 at 6:37 PM #5081
    Profile photo of Mike JohnsonMike Johnson
    Participant

“they call you mouth almighty, tongue everlastin!” — my favorite line from this track

August 25, 2017 at 10:39 AM #5082
    Participant

Mike Johnson, What’s funny about that rhyme that you mentioned earlier and all of Estacy’s rhymes is, Jalil wrote all of Estacy’s rhymes(Money/Jalil is still Receiving songwriting publishing checks to this very day for his work penning all of Whodini’s rhymes going back to 1982), Though, Estacy is the far better MC than Jalil, My man(Facts), Mike, I’ve always felt that Whodini was the top Hiphop crew during the early to mid 80’s(Though, Run-DMC recieved

Most of the accolades , Whodini was wearing shows out on tour during the early/mid 80’s(Along with Run-DMC and the Fat Boys), But, Whodini’s music was alot more danceable and mature as well as R/B oriented, Than, Run-DMC and the Fat Boys(Who was produced by Kurtis Blow during the early to mid 80’s),, Mike, Larry Smith made sure to seperate the music that he produced for Run-DMC from the music he produced for Whodini during the 80’s, Were

Dance music cats like Danny Krivit, Larry Levan, Reggie Wells, Etc, Would run plates by Whodini at spots The Garage, Justines,Etc, Though,Those cats would have to make a very stern choice of what plates to run by Run-DMC and the Fat Boys at their respective spots during the early to mid 80’s, My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

August 25, 2017 at 12:47 PM #5085
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

1. Y’all remember the spoof record…….Big Butt, Big Butt?

2. Man, all of Printing High was damn near fan club with theirs regarding Whoudini! I saw a few cats with “Whoudini hats!” One female classmate looked real good in it!

3. My Whoudini joint was Freaks Come Out At Night! Hip hop joints had little to no intention of “going that mainstream,” but all would be damned if anyone thought “Freaks” would be one of them “Halloween joints,” up there with “Thriller” and “Somebody’s Watching Me”……!

August 25, 2017 at 2:47 PM #5092
    Participant

Fletch, The video for, “Freaks come out at night”, By Whodini was the very first hiphop video shot at a live concert(If i remember correctly, The venue was in Baltimore in 1984, My man),Fletch, The video for, “Freaks come out at night(Directed by Lionel Martin/Vid Kid from Video music box), Was part of the, “Fresh Fest tour”, In 1984, Featuring, Run-DMC, Fat Boys, Newcleus, Kurtis Blow, Dynamic Breakers, Etc, My man(Facts), Fletch, It’s funny to see

Jermaine Dupri in the video as a backup dancer for Whodini in the, “Freaks come out at night”, Video at the 40-sec mark of the video, But, It’s mad funny to see the latino cat down with Whodini sportin a, “Blue Courtifiel”, in 1984, My man/LOL.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“Freaks come out at night”, By Whodini(1984)

“Fresh Fest tour(1984)
    http://shootmagazine.com/wildwest/The-Swatch-Watch-NYC-Fresh-Fest-Tour-Original-Fyer-1984-Hip-Hop-Nostalgia_r630643783161.html

August 26, 2017 at 11:32 AM #5098
    Participant

Fletch, My oversite, Money(The latino cat down with Whodini as a backup dancer), Was sportin a, “Blue Sheepskin”, Instead of a, “Courtifiel”, In 1984, My man/LOL.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.