Brenda Jones(Jones Girls/Rip)

• April 6, 2017 at 9:18 AM #4460
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Brenda Jones of the Jones Girls passed away this past Monday(April 3rd,2017), At the age of 62, Brenda Jones shared her vocals with her sisters on more than a few dance music classics during the late 70’s/mid 80’s(Facts), My condolences to the family of Brenda Jones.

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

“Brenda Jones(Jones Girls/Rip)
    http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-culture/brenda-jones-jones-girls-died#axzz4dQOpORxQ

April 7, 2017 at 9:48 AM #4468
    Participant

Brenda Jones made a very nice plate called, “What your love has done for me”, That was produced by Josh Milan in 2015(Greg, T, Good lookin for the information on the plate, “What your love has done for me”, By Brenda Jones, My man).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

“What your love has done for me”, By Brenda Jones(2015)

April 7, 2017 at 10:27 AM #4469
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Dance Turned Into a Romance……!

That was my joint, as well as Love Don’t Ever Say Goodbye, with Grover on soprano sax!

April 8, 2017 at 11:07 AM #4473
    Participant

Fletch, Jimmy Williams(Double Exposure/Rip), Was one of the bass musicians on the plate, “Dance turned into Romance”, My man, Fletch, Gamble and Huff mad sure the Jones Girls had the best material to sing on during the early part of the Jones Girls career with Philadelphia International during the late 70’s to early 80’s and the Jones Girls changed their sound once the Jones

Girls left Philadelphia International to sign with RCA in 1983, Though, RCA did not give the Jones Girls the push that was needed to promote the Jones Girls properly during the 80’s(Though the video age was just starting out in 1983, So, RCA Officals might have looked at the Jones Girls doing video’s to their plates as a means of promotion during the 80’s), But, The Jones Girls should

have most definitely been alot more well-known and revered on the music circuit during the late 70’s thru the 80’s(The same can be said of The Emotions too, My man).

April 8, 2017 at 11:16 AM #4474
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Mike,

There are/were two different Jimmy Williams. The bass player, (Ain’t No Stoppin’ Us Now) is still alive. He still tours with the Ojays, while the singer Jimmy Williams passed away, recently.

April 8, 2017 at 11:56 AM #4476
    Participant

Fletch, Good lookin for the correction in regards to the musician Jimmy Williams and the singer Jimmy Williams who was down with Double Exposure, My man(Fletch, You mentioned this afew weeks ago on the Jimmy Williams thread and i was checking out the credits on the Jones Girls album with, “Dance turned into romance”, On it(“At Peace with Women from 1980), And

Forgot about what you had stated afew weeks ago, My man(Fletch, you know i suffer from those dreaded, “Senior Citizens moments”, My man/LOL).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

April 15, 2017 at 10:41 AM #4498
    Profile photo of BigscoreBigscore
    Participant

RIP

My fav Jones Girls record was “Nights Over Egypt”

April 17, 2017 at 1:53 PM #4517
    Participant

Bigscore, As much as i love, “Nights over Egypt”, By the Jones girls(Which was produced by Dexter Wansell in 1981), I have more of an affection for the remix version of, “Nights over Egypt”, By Incognito, Featuring, Jocelyn Brown and remixed by Masters at Work in 1999, Which is an masterpiece from where I’m sittin, My man(Facts).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

“Nights over Egypt”, By Incognito, Featuring, Jocelyn Brown(1999)

April 17, 2017 at 7:46 PM #4526
    Profile photo of BigscoreBigscore
    Participant

Nice!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.