Carolina gets off…….!

• October 17, 2017 at 10:34 AM #5278
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

With the whole student body benefiting from the sham African Studies, the NCAA has no jurisdiction! If it was just athletes, the NCAA would’ve been right to step in. But with all students, it’s a straight academic issue.

I even have issue with the former African Studies chair and his secretary getting an NCAA show cause. Now, as far as an academic accrediting body knock, knock, knockin’ on Carolina’s door and stripping it of accreditation, or what have you……I have no problem with that!

Rashard McCants was right on one thing: something was going on! But “Roy” had not a damn thing to do with it! (LOL!)

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/infractions-panel-could-not-conclude-academic-violations-north-carolina-case

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/north-carolina-avoids-major-sanctions-142659747.html

October 17, 2017 at 10:51 AM #5279
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Fletch, I would be the first cat to go mad hard at North Carolina for illegal shit(Dean Smith’s crews included), If Dean Smith allowed illegal academic nonsense during his 37 year tenure at North Carolina, Then, Let’s build about it, My man/LOL, Fletch, I have the utmost of respect for Dean Smith, Though, No cat is immune from getting, “Tossed in the light”, Like that, My man, Fletch, After that criminal nonsensee with Jerry Sundusky and Joe Paterno in 2011, I’ll go Commando hard at

Anybody for any wrong doing on the HS, College, NBA, Academic circuits, My man(Facts), Fletch, I still love and respect the game of basketball, Though, I’m no where as immersed into the game of basketball as i was during the late 60’s thru the 90’s, I still respect the purity of the game and will always make sure to criticize

Those who taint the game of basketball with illegal and criminal activities(Exhibit A:Like what i did to Rick Pitino afew weeks ago on the board and Rick Pitino’s from New York, Well, Long Island, Which does not count as the 5 boroughs, and Larry Brown too, And, Larry Brown’s from Brooklyn, My man/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

October 17, 2017 at 6:30 PM #5291
    Participant

Mike,

I heard that them $200 checks Dean Smith left in his will to all his players players is, technically, and NCAA violation! (deferred payments are against the rules!) Go figure with that one…..!

October 18, 2017 at 11:23 AM #5293
    Participant

Fletch, So what type of penalty should he NCAA give North Carolina regarding Dean Smith leaving $200 dollar checks for all of his players for the last 37 years in his will, My man/LOL, Fletch, I know you’re being sarcastic with this nonsense/LOL, Because, Dean Smith did not leave any checks for current players on North Carolina’s

Roster or any cats who played for Roy Williams going back to 2004, My man(Cats who have been out of the game of basketball for decades getting checks from Dean Smith and the NCAA is looking into deferred payments to former players by Dean Smith, Via cats who are between the age limit of 40-100, My man/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

October 19, 2017 at 10:44 AM #5297
    Participant

Mike,

Not being sarcastic. It, technically, is an NCAA violation. That’s now freekin’ stupid the NCAA and its rules are! No current players, though! (LOL!)

The NCAA did have enough sense not to go after it! (LOL!)

October 19, 2017 at 12:06 PM #5300
    Participant

Fletch, What’s bugged is, Cats from the NCAA most definitely knew that cats were playing in non-NCAA sanctioned summer league tournaments at King Towers(Taft Projects on 115thst and 5thave in Harlem), “Sniff tournament”, At Baisley Park(Picture this shit being NCAA sanctioned, My man/LOL), West 4thst, Tillary Park, Rise(Rochdale projects on 137thave between New York Blvd and Farmers Blvd in Jamaica,Queens), Jamaica Park(202nd st in Hollis,Queens), Etc,

Dykeman Projects(Nagle ave and202dnst by Harlem River Drive), Shit/LOL, The only NCAA sanctioned summer tournaments in New York city were, “Elmcor/Citywide(Run by Cecil Watkins and Cecil Watkins/Rip, Was one of the most honest and noble cats to ever be involved in the game of basketball on any level, My man/Facts, The games were played at Xavier HS on 16thst and 5thave in Manhattan, CCNY(Harlem), FIT(Fashion Institute on 26thst and 7thave in

Manhattan, Manhattan Community college(On the Westside Highway afew blocks from the World Trade center and later a spot called, “Area”, On Hubert st and Hudson during the early/mid 80’s, Which later became the Shelter in 1991), The Rucker, Etc, Fletch, The NCAA most definitely knew that cats like Butch Lee(Marquette), Sam Worthen(Marquette), Al King(Maryland), Bernard King(Tennessee), Ernie Grunfeld(Tennessee), Kevin(“Will Power’, At Kings Towers/LOL

/Williams(St.John’s), Richie Adams(UNLV), Gary Springer(Iona), Steve Burtt(Iona), Kenny Patterson(Depaul), Chris Mullin, Kenny Smith(Who played at King Towers during his senior year at Molloy in 1983 and afew times while at North Carolina in 1985 too, My man/Facts, Walter Berry(Who used to play in the Sniff tournament

With Billy Goodwin during the early/mid 80’s, My man/Facts), Fletch, I would rather deal with John Gotti at his height in 1986 to the late 80’s, Than, Deal With the NCAA, My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.