Participant

April 15, 2017 at 10:57 AM #4502
    Profile photo of BigscoreBigscore
    Participant

Also the man behind the classic Hip Hop break beat “Rock it in the pocket”

April 17, 2017 at 1:15 PM #4514
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Bigscore, “Rocket in the pocket”, And “Super Nature’, Were both very nice plates that received mad airplay on the mobile Dj circuit and spots in New York city during the mid 70’s to late 70’s, Though, I’ve always like that

Plate, “Look for love”, by Cerrone from 1978(On the Cottilion label, Which was the label that Luther Vandross mad his first plate during the mid 70’s with his group called, “Luther”, In1975).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“Look for love”, By Cerrone(1978)

“Give me love”, By Cerrone”,(1977)

“Music of life’, By Cerrone from 1978, Which was mad slept on during the late 70’s in New York city(Facts)

April 17, 2017 at 7:49 PM #4527
    Profile photo of BigscoreBigscore
    Participant

I’m feeling “Music Of Life”!

April 18, 2017 at 6:47 PM #4530
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Bigscore, A cat scooped me up on, “Music of life”, At Downstairs records on 44thst off of ave of the Americas(The 2nd location Which opened around 1974), The location at the 42ndst and Ave of the americas F-train station by the barbershop opened up around 1977, Featuring, Flowers working in there for a few during the late 70’s, My man(Facts). Bigscore, David Mancuso

Stated to me years ago that the original Downstairs records spot was located on 10thst on the westside(I cannot remember the exact location right about now, My man/LOL), During the late 1960’s, My man), Bigscore, Cerrone had some plates that

Were nice that were not considered hit records like, ‘Super Nature”, Rocket in the pocket”, “Give me love”, Though, Those under-rated plates were nice in regards to rockin a party all-night to the morning lite during the late 70’s, My man(Facts/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.