Charles Oakley vs Stephen Jackson(LOL)

• August 2, 2017 at 1:41 PM #4996
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Charles Oakley and Stephen Jackson were about to, “Move some furniture”,(Fight), The other night during a Big 3 game last night/LOL, Now, Stephen Jackson is extremely well-respected for his knuckle-game, Though/LOL, When the other cats named Charles Oakley that is being, “Barked on”, By a

Cat(Stephen Jackson), I will most definitely will side with Charles Oakley in regards those two cats going round and round and a cat getting, Snuffed”,
    (Facts/LOL).
    Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“Stephen Jackson vs Charles Oakley(LOL)

August 3, 2017 at 4:27 PM #5006
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

You didn’t see the game where Stephen Jackson was about to step to Rashad McCants and fly that head……!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Fletch.
    August 3, 2017 at 5:41 PM #5008
    Participant

Fletch, Stephen Jackson will most definitely step to a cat like Rashad McCants/LOL, Though, All of Stephen Jackson’s poppin of shit to Charles Oakley took place on the bench, Instead of right infront of Charles Oakley’s fronts(Face), My man(Facts/LOL), Fletch, Here’s my all-knuckle-game crew of all era’s in the ABA and NBA, My man/LOL.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

All-Knucklegame crew first team:
    1.Bob Lanier
    2.Willis Reed
    3.Calvin Murphy
    4.Alvin Roberston
    5.Kermit Washington

Second Team:
    6.Maurice Lucas(Rip)
    7.Marvin Barnes(Rip)
    8.Charles Oakley
    9.Anthoney Mason(Rip)
    10.Jerry Stackhouse

Third Team:
    11.Darrel Walker
    12.Rick Sobers(South Bronx/Clinton HS no doubt/LOL)
    13.Jerry Sloan
    14.Norm Van Lier
    15.John Williamson(Rip)

Honorable Mention:
    16.Lonnie Shelton
    17.Buck Williams
    18.Clifford Ray
    19.Xavier McDaniel(Facts/LOL)
    20.Rick Mahorn

August 4, 2017 at 3:23 PM #5009
    Participant

My All-Throwdown Team

G: Derek Harper (ready to roll on coach Quinn Buckner!)
    G: Calvin Murphy (ready to roll on Kermit!)
    C: Kareem (can I get a Kent Benson witness?)
    F: Mo Lucas (versus Dawkins!)
    F: Charles Oakley (versus everybody…..! LOL!)

August 5, 2017 at 11:39 AM #5010
    Participant

Fletch, Derek Harper head-tapped(Punched in his fronts), Mark Aguirre during the 1987-88 season after practice and Derek Harper waited outside the arena to settle the static between himself and Mark Aguirre, But, Cats on the Dallas Mavaricks(Particially Rolando Blackman, My man), Had to, “Dead”, What Derek Harper wanted to bring to Mark Aguirre outside the arena in Dallas(Reunion Arena), during the 1987-88 season, My man/Facts, Fletch, Derek Harper’s knuckle-game was

Wery well-respected during the 80’s and 90’s, My man(Facts/LOL), Fletch, Ricky Sobers was one of the most feared cats to ever play in the NBA and the reason why i did not list Ricky Sobers higher on my lists of all-time knuckle-game cats is, Cats reluctance to pop shit to Ricky Sobers during the 70’s and 80’s, While, Ricky Sobers was down with the Phoenix Suns, My man(Facts/LOL), Fletch, Ricky Sobers went to Clinton in the Bronx, But, Ricky Sobers did not play for Clinton during

The late 60’s/early 70’s, Due to very bad grades and a negative attitude in regards to discipline, My man(Facts), But, Ricky Sobers played for Riverside Church and Ernie Lorch had alot to do with Ricky Sobers going to the College of Southern Idaho in 1971-73 and UNLV in 1973-75(Playing with Ernie Douse from Boys High in Brooklyn during the early 70’s), Ricky Sobers played in the backcourt with Paul Westphal with the Phoenix Suns during the mid 70’s(Ricky Sobers played in game 6

of the 1976 NBA championships vs the Boston Celtics(The 3 over-time game with Garfield Heard making that turn-around jumper to tie the game and go into the 3rd overtime, Which Boston eventually won, Along with Boston winning the championship series too, My man), Fletch, Very few cats big or small tried Ricky Sobers in regards to the knuckle-game in the NBA during the 70’s and 80’s, My man(Facts), Fletch, Al Attles would most definitely be the head coach of my all-time

knuckle-game crew, Via Al Attles propensity to step to more than afe cats during the his playing days with the Philadelphia 76er’s during the 1960’s and coaching days with the Golden State Warriors during the 70’s, My man(Facts/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

August 5, 2017 at 3:12 PM #5011
    Participant

Mike,

I’ll put Al as coach, because I was too young to see him play! He was gonna roll on Mike Riordan, but Wes Unseld put a stop to that! (LOL!)

In all fairness, I can’t put Kareem on here. Benson provoked him, by elbowing Kareem’s ribs, while the ref standing there did nothing!

I watched, live on MSG, Knicks and Mavs, with Derek Harper ready to go at it with Quinn Buckner. Buckner tried them Bob Knight tactics, and Harper wasn’t having it. They were ready to go at it, live at the Garden on TV! Buckner’s “Why don’t you be an f’in point guard!” versus Harper’s “Why don’t you be an f’in coach!” It was about to get live! Days later, Buckner was fired!

August 7, 2017 at 12:51 PM #5012
    Participant

Wilt Chamberlain stated in an interview during the 70’s, That, Al Attles was the enforcer of the Philadelphia Warriors crew during the early to mid 60’s, My Man(Facts/LOL), Fletch, Hubie Brown was a take it to the bathroom(To fight), Type of coach during his days of being head coach for he Kentucky Colonels and the Atlanta Hawks during the 70’s, Infact, John Drew and Hubie Brown used to get into some very heated arguements on the Atlanta Hawks

Bench during the Mid/late 70’s and Hubie Brown and stepped to Maurice Lucas after practice, Playing for the Kentucky Colonels(Maurice Lucas set a very hard pick on Louie Dampier while running a play and Hubie Brown stepped to Maurice Lucas about that, “Illegal Pick”, Nonsense on Louie Dampier and both Hubie Brown and Maurice Lucas had to be seperated(Exhibit A:Hubie Brown loved Maurice Lucas’s game and very physical play, Just not on one

Of the top jump-shooters in the ABA in Louie Dampier in practice, My man/LOL, Fletch, Hubie Brown was alot like Al McGuire when it came to steppin to cats and not backin up during their coaching days, My man(Facts/LOL), Fletch, Kareem’s from Dykeman Projects in Harlem(204thst and Nagle ave), So, Kareem’s had his share of, “Snuffin”, Cats playing in summer tournaments uptown(Harlem), During the early/mid 1960’s, My man/LOL, Fletch, I did not not

See the game between Dallas and the Knicks during the early 90’s, Though, I heard Derek Harper was about to put in work on Quinn Buckner(I don’t know if Quinn Buckner’s knuckle-game was supreme, Though, Quinn Buckner was, “Riker’s Island”, Diesal with his, My man/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

August 23, 2017 at 3:24 PM #5073
    Participant

Here’s clip of Charles Oakley playing with his 3-on-3 crew in Ice Cube’s league and Charles Oakley was in rare form in regards to making sure that their would not be any layups tonight(Facts/LOL) , I wish Anthoney Mason were alive to play in the 3-on-3 games(I can only imagine the mad wild shit Anthoney

Mason would bring at cats in this 3-on 3 league/LOL), Better yet, Ice Cube most definitely needs to locate Xavier McDaniel for next year’s3-3 games(Money is 54 years of age, Though), The head-tappin that Xavier Mcdaniel would give cats along with the poppin of shit is worth the price of admission(Facts/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Charles Oakley playing in Ice Cube’s 3-3 tournament last week/LOL).

August 24, 2017 at 12:05 PM #5078
    Participant

Man, Oak needs to stay on the bench! But that slap of Harrington: yes, it was a slap, but Harrington was more flopping than he was actually hurt!

One thing I can say about this Big 3 Tournament: it is entertaining, to say the least!

August 24, 2017 at 5:25 PM #5079
    Participant

Fletch, Charles Oakley could not come close to making one of his patented Jumpers, So, Charles Oakley’s appearance on the court was, “Self-Check”, On Offense, But, Mad hard fouls on defense, My man/LOL, Fletch, The Big 3 tournament is entertaining and mad funny combined(Like you stated earlier, My man/LOL, Fletch, Their used to be a college basketball tournament called, “The Big 4”, Which featured, North Carolina, Wake Forest, North Carolina State and Duke(The 4 schools in

North Carolina),and the Big 4 tournament was a 2 game tournament that was played at the beginning of the year right after Thanksgiving weekend from 1971-1981(So, A crews first two games consisted of playing against nationally ranked crews for 2 straight games, Which resulted into a nationally ranked crew losing 2 straight games to start the season, My man/LOL), Fletch, The Big 4 tournament was played at Greensboro,Colisuem and the Charolette Colisuem and the

Championship game for the Big 4 tournament was televised on channel 11 in New York city(Jefferson Pilot sports out of Charolette,North Carolina, Which used to televise ACC games of the week on Channel 11 on Saturday afternoons and nights during the early 70’s to 1981), Fletch, The Big 4 tournament was cancelled due to coaches complaining about the brutal 2-game setup, Playing a nationally ranked crew 2 games straight to start the season(1 crew would come out of the Big 4

Tournament 0-2 to start the season, Which put that crew that had an 0-2 record into a position to work very hard to progress into a highly ranked crew during the end of the year and earlier on, That crew that went 0-2, More than likely would not make the NCAA tournament during the early/mid 70’s, The NCAA were only taking 30 teams during the early to late 70’s, So a crew starting out the season 0-2 playing in the Big 4 tournament, along with playing ACC games during the

Regular season and the ACC tournament with a hard non-conference schedule, Was a very difficult situation for alot of crews playing in the Big 4 tournament(With the exception of North Carolina, My man/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.